Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can anyone assist with understanding Rubic?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to export a gradesheet for a class to Excel and retain the percentages showing in Canvas. The percentages originally showed as points in Canvas; I selected to view them as percentages. Can I keep the percentages on export? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello, So I recently turned in an assignment for my history class. The assignment only allows for one submission and although I have turned it in, there is no indication of submission on the dashboard such as with a submmtited text, checkmark, or a s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently set an assignment to auto assign peer reviews. For some reason 2-3 students were not assigned peer reviews, even though they submitted assignments of their own. In addition, two students were assigned to peer review students who did not su...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to track a specific student when downloads a specific assignment and how many times.  In the “access report”, it seems that you can only see how many times he browsed and the last time he browsed. Is that right?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have installed Canvas LMS on GCP using Bitnami image. Its working fine, but I am facing few issues as below I have tried adding login with Google but even after adding all the details Login with google option is not showing on login page, here ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school uses canvas and next week I have an online test through the system. My professor said that he speed test  is able to see if students are cheating through the analytics of his canvas account. I am not planning on cheating, but I was wonder...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my teacher said that all assignments are due today but there is not "available from...until" posted on any of the assignments. Will I still be able to work on the after 12 today?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm new to we canvas, I don't know how to use you, I have problems with the book, it takes time to load and the screen appears blank, help !!!! I have classes tomorrow morning if you have a friend out there ask him and if they know how t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,  In service of being accommodating to the varying personal situations our students are facing this year I chose to drop their two lowest performing weeks. In Canvas, I grouped the assignments by week (assignment group = week 1, week 2, etc.) a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have "Complete All Items in the Module" set as a requirement for my modules, but it does not appear that Canvas is honoring that setting. When I'm in student view, only the first page in the module is receiving a check mark indicating it has been v...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am attempting to create a flyout menu in our Global Navigation to share a group of courses in our instance based on: @robotcars post here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Developers-Group/Global-Nav-Menu-Custom-Tray/m-p/147083 I would love a way...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete a test student submission?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

While a BBB conference is in progress and students are in it, another student will try to join but the conference is listed as concluded.  Teacher and other students are still actively participating in the conference, but other students cannot join. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I accidentally concluded a course in my free teacher account without realizing I could no longer access any of the data. I there a way to un-conclude a course in the free teacher account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are already a SubAccount within a larger account. Additionally, I have Program Directors who manage their courses. The issue is this: Some Programs have two cohorts running simultaneously (a junior and senior cohort) each has students enrolled in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There is a problem with my old account, Idk but i could not login with my mail which already registered. The system has just gave me a different new account. I want to completely delete old posts in my old account. Can you help me please?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi. I am using a self-hosted iteration of Canvas. A colleague has setup the server and has asked me to manage the LMS.  I would like to use New Analytics. I have reviewed the community page and am still having issues.  I have admin level access and t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can Canvas Activity Log records Handoff feature? For example if a student taking a quiz on the IOS app but copy and paste the question to Window browser, will Canvas know?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Help!  I'm trying to change an assignment to allow file uploads as well as text entry but it won't 'keep' my settings. This assignment was originally set up to allow a text box entry but I'd like it to be both a text box entry and file upload.  I've ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have a parent observer account and I’ve tried to turn off all the email notifications for course activities except for grading but I’m still getting a daily email. At the bottom of the email it says I’m signed up for a daily digest. I try again...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are any elementary teachers out there using Canvas as their LMS? Do you have any suggestions for getting started? We have some teachers who are reluctant with tech and Canvas feels pretty complicated. Any tips would be much appreciated! 192.168.0.1...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the list view of the Dashboard, there is a small section where I can see the grades of my courses. However, I have grades from the Fall Semester separate from the grades in my Spring Semester. They're all mixed together, so it takes some time to f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,  I am trying to get assignment submissions for a student whose enrollment from course is deleted, I am using the Get All Submissions API I walked through different apis, but couldn't dins a way to get these...   Any help appreciated Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to grade a quiz by section? For instance, if I am pulling questions from different question groups (question group 1, question group 2 etc., can Canvas generate a score for each of those question groups? For instance, calculate the sco...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, We are giving content a school district with one of the new generated Keys/Secrets.  They are using their own LMS, so we are giving a IMSCC.  Is there a way to monitor how many users come into the course via our LTI tool, or any other tool, or ar...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 3 quizzes up and two are already done and completed but now those two that have been completed and pasted are no longer viewable in the student view but I have them published on my side?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I switch to High Contrast, my the component with a button primary in my local changes take my Default Primary Colour in Themes instead of the Contrast Colour specified in the Canvas docs.   What I want ideally is for any component I assign with ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I'm still fairly new to Canvas and I am hoping I don't make a fool of myself with this question. If moderated grading is used with two graders, one grader acting as a first marker and the other grader acting as a second marker, both graders can ad...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The College where I work uses turnitin (as an external tool) as part of the submission process for student assignments. In the past, when a teacher has needed to add a marking rubric to an assignment, the teacher has temporarily changed the 'submissi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies