Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm a (new) Student and see that my Grades page simply lists all the activities and associated grade.It would be very beneficial to be able to group grades, for example by Module.Currently it can Arrange (order) by DateModuleAssignment GroupTitle But...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,    As you know the Canvas clusters all clone top level data down to the test and beta environments on a regular bases. This can be helpful for Support departments to reproduce issues and as a UAT environment before releasing. It does however ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there a way to download rubric data into an excel spreadsheet?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to change the font size using the Latex Canvas equation editor?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in letting my students take a timed multiple choice quiz using a question bank to randomly populate the quizzes for each student. Then, I would like my students to be able to see which questions they got wrong without giving them the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We just moved our Blackbaud data to our Beta site using OneRoster.  The integration went well and it appears all of the data is there just not the way we expected it.  In Blackbaud we are set up as a semester school.   A year long course is 2 semeste...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As noted in the table comparing New Quizzes to Classic, there is not actual parity between the Classic format of Fill in multiple blanks and New Quizzes format. I cannot make the work around functional for what I need to do with Multiple Blanks in Ne...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a suggested improvement to Canvas that would help both instructors and students of variable credit classes.  Here’s the problem: I teach a class that students can enroll in for 1-3 credits based on workload. Neither the student nor I can see h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When it shows a student downloaded a screenshot on the access report-- What does that mean?   access 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I am wanting to know if there is a way to collect the total points for an individual module? The total points column is for the entire course. I just want the total points for a particular module. Is there a way to do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the admin account, how does one set up an external tool for a big group of people so the instructors do not need to manually do it?     

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Just want to say I have tried searching old posts and have found a few helpful ones that I saved for specific issues or things, but I am trying to find a true beginners guide. I have used a few LMS as a student but before covid my school did not have...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hiya! My school is currently shopping around for a new LMS and one of the options we're considering is Canvas. I'd love to hear what your experience with the platform has been like and possibly how it compares in practice to Google Classroom (+ G S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am developing browser extensions for Canvas, and one question that is becoming important to me is whether the property data-module-id  which is assigned to every module (68197 in the image) is unique not only to the the course in question but also ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Couldn't find the place to submit a feature request so here goes: Modules could be more visually organised if indented pages could be collapsed in the same way the module can be collapsed.  I tried H5P accordions but these do not support images. Than...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Brave Browser https://brave.com/ has an inbuilt feature to stop website trackers.  Does that include Canvases? AKA: Are students able to dodge trackers by using it. Am I still able to view if a user has left the window, or gone to a new tab if th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Before the update this year, i was able to create a link in a page and opt to link it to a new page that would be created when i click on the link. Then i would edit the page. It was super fast and easy. Since the update, i cant seem to create a link...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I read previous forums that canvas does not notify you if a change was made to a syllabus. However, I was wondering if there is anyway to see if changes were made. I am almost positive a professor made changes to the syllabus, but I didn’t save it; t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

tcc package imported to canvas course and on launch 1.3 tool that resource custom value are not receiving on launch . for every resource file we are adding custom sku i.e <blti:custom><lticm:property name="sku">X45352</lticm:property></blti:custom> b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using the feature in Canvas that allows me to send an email to "All In Students" and to send to each recipient individually. This has worked for all my courses -- except one and only starting after April 28, 2021. (I had my students trace...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm attempting to create a course in Canvas, but it's storage limit is only 250MB.....whereas I probably need a Gig.....is there anything I can do? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i submit a signed Honor code?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Respected Instructure Team, I want my following course as public so that everyone can take benefit of this.here is my course URL below.My course LINKPlease help me to make my course visibility as Public ASAP so that I can get started adding course de...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Kia Ora Canvas Whanau, I've been utilising a script embedded into a google document so I can get my students to submit their work in the assignments section and I can see it and give feedback in Speedgrader. This method has been working for 2 Years u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My biggest frustration with Canvas and this community page is that so many great ideas for features are suggested by teachers who use Canvas every day, yet they are routinely ignored. Who cares if there aren't "enough votes". I only know about this w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This will be the first "official" time I will be using lockdown browser with webcam in one of my classes due to a flex modality.  Have any of you put wording directly in your syllabus regarding the lockdown browser, and if so, what did you say other ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a "calculated assignment" where the course instructor can create an assignment that has a score based on previous assignments. One example may be if an instructor wanted to create an assignment that automatically calculated t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having a very frustrating issue with my assignments being sorted randomly. I manually go through on the Assignments page and drag and drop them into the correct order, but when I navigate away and come back, they're back to being all messed up: ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I'm using an OER textbook. I'd like to assign students to read a chapter each week. Right now, I do this by adding a page and then assigning a due date to the page. But, could I just put the external URL into the module with a due date.  I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

While I was crafting a long message to my instructor, I accidentally hit the escape key. Whoosh—Just like that, the last 30 minutes of my day just vanishes. When this happens, is my writing gone with the wind, or is there some kind of drafts box I do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies