Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I migrated an imported quiz from Blueprint course.  The imported quiz was in the Classic Quiz mode and I migrated it into New Quiz.  The images in the questions also migrated.  But when I sync'ed the blueprint, the images did not appear in the studen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there an RFC process for improvements to API? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was accused of academic integrity (AI) by a professor and I'm trying to gain the canvas log to prove my innocence. The university/AI Office has opened a case and I'm positive I can't contact the prof who accused me of it to fight the case. I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

PNG files show as a link in chrome-based browsers. How do I configure to show inline on the page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have made a group assignment, and I want to assign everyone in the class 3 groups' homework to do peer review. How does that work? If I choose both "group assignment" and "peer review" when creating the homework, will everyone be assigned to groups...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I was wondering why Heading 1 is available as a Paragraph Style when you navigate to the dropdown from the Format Menu > Formats > Headings > Heading 1 (shown in the screenshot below). Prior to the RCE update, I understood that the hig...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I downloaded the brainfuse app. The instructions are: 1. From your desktop, log into Brainfuse HelpNow through your school's portal (Blackboard, D2L, Canvas, Moodle, etc.). I searched Canvas and can't find where to log in into Brainfuse HelpNo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When one tries to copy and paste test answers into the multiple choice boxes, he or she must literally click the space 4 times every time in order to paste an item......   Can this be fixed???  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am little confsued now, my professor posted a grade yesterday but it's gone today saying N/A showing up in canvas app in my phone. (it says I can't view the grade because the instructor is working on it) However, my desktop says total grade is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

https://login.cpe.ubc.ca/  Hello, I want to take an online course on the university of british columbia website but it requires an account on CANVAS, so I made one and I can log in it, but when I try to take the course and try to log in from the UBC ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my faculty would like to know if you can upload a Word document of a rubric into the Rubric tool in a Canvas assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the canvas support admin at our campus, and a teacher brought up some concerns about the Quiz Clock the student sees during a quiz suggesting it was inaccurate.  Looking at the data I was able to determine she was correct.   The Canvas Quiz cloc...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have our system set up to require students to reply to a course discussion before they see other replies. However, I'd like to put in a post at the beginning of the week to remind them of plagiarism will be monitored in the discussion forums. Can ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been working in my sandbox course, creating modules to organize the materials for each section. When I go to copy materials to the different course sections I am teaching, I am only able to see the first eight modules in the right hand drop do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why would the assignment show up in my PowerSchool grade book but not the grades that I entered in it on Canvas when I do the grade passback?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our Google Analytics stopped working around 16th April 2021. I have tested GAnalytics outside of Canvas and all is working fine. However on canvas all set items were working until 15th April. Anyone any ideas on what might have gone wrong? Any update...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It appears that there is not currently a streamlined way to use speedgrader with the new Google Assignments integration.  All I've found is forcing students make a copy of the document then upload the file, and many, MANY students can't figure out ho...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm curious if there is an efficient way to create an accommodated version of a multiple choice quiz where students receive three answer options instead of four. This is a common accommodation for high school students and at present has me creating a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, I have many of my notifications set to immediately send an email, and I noticed recently that all of my "assignment graded" emails have been delayed by exactly an hour for a while. Is this intended behavior? If not, does anyone else hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can you make individual folders for students to drop assignments into?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I find the Gradebook  in the Parent Observer to see my child marks?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day !      Can someone assist me on how can we purchase canvas admin account for our school? Please email to me as soon as possible.       Looking forward.  Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How long are PHSC's classes open for dual enrollment students until I cannot access the classes anymore?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to work with the Canvas API to automate backups of Pages in a course. Eventually I would like to backup all pages, but at the moment, I'll settle for just any single page. I am trying the following, which gives me just an empty she...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go into speed grader my student's submissions, it shows {"error":"document_not_found"}. It has done this multiple times to multiple students.  Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2021 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have one course with 3 sections and a mixed group of students this course. The assignments that are syncing to Skyward are those that are assigned to all of the students in the three different sections. The assignments that aren’t showing up were o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Not sound snarky, but why, oh why should it be so darned complicated to respond to a student's post in a Discussion Board?? First, you click on the submission in Speed Grader...but then you need to click on "View the full discussion"...then enter the...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our class runs 4 hours per night, with a break in the middle. We are required to take attendance 2x per night, at the start of class and then after the break.  How can we set up canvas to make this happen; currently there is only a way to take attend...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I published my google slides to the web, and then embedded the URL. Most students can access my google slide presentation without issue. Unfortunately, some students are getting a page saying they need to request permission or access. These students ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I set the role of a user at the Organization-level and not just at the course-level teacher? This person would like to see the Commons but the link is not an option for them. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies