Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I brought in a previous course to a course I am starting tomorrow. I am making some last minute changes to he Home page, but when I click on "Edit" I just get a blank page without any of the data on it. I am not sure why this happened.  Anyone have i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created assignments in excess of the maximum amount counted toward the student’s overall grade, in order for a student to miss a couple of assignments without it impacting their overall grade.  For example, the total of all homework assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created assignments in excess of the maximum amount counted toward the student’s overall grade, in order for a student to miss a couple of assignments without it impacting their overall grade.  For example, the total points available for all h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the moderation tab for new quizzes, there is every option to filter "No Attempts Left," "Attempts in Progress," "Submitted," and "Auto Grading Failed." But there's not an option to filter students who haven't even started the quiz. While I can go ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In viewing your instructional video as a, VIMEO video as opposed to a Youtube video; I notice that there isn't an option for "CC" for those that need it. Does Vimeo not have a closed captioning option for viewers to use?  Please advise or otherwise...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The practice app only gives me the option to log in, but I don't have an account and I can't find a way to sign up, how do I sign up?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a canned report available to get the details of students and courses students are enrolled in?  If not, how can such a report be built?  Thanks in advance. kris      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi  The video in my class Football and Society page 11-4 won't play and the students can't watch it. Anything you can do will be gratefully received. Thanks.   Dr Joe Mills  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied a quiz from a previous course into my current one. On the new quiz, I deleted a couple questions so now the quiz is worth 56 points instead of 64. The quiz itself reflects the new point total of 56. However, the gradebook still thinks the qu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,   A while back we had to an exam, whereby the teachers used to student activity logs to indicate if you commited fraud. Although I haven't used canvas during the exam, had no browser window open and had my phone put away, the log still shows ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone else run into this sitution? I see the immersion reader button enabled on pages but when clicked the accessibily tools do not display. Thanks for the help! Jenn

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a student not follow directions and post on a discussion board where the groups have not been formed. I have deleted his post but need the page reset so I can create the groups for the next discussion. HELP!!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The "Students can only participate in the course between these dates" option is missing. Any ideas how to get it back? I understand "Restrict students from viewing course before course start date" is greyed out by admin settings, but not why the othe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Each term I have teachers reporting the same common issue happening in their Canvas Gradebook. We use course templates already built with course content, assignment categories, and gradebook. The Assignments have a point value already assigned and on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are submitting assignments online whether it's a screenshot showing they finished in another program or a pdf of a worksheet.  I would like each student to then be able to see an answer key so they can check their own work.  How do  I do ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy! We have a user who ended up with two login ID's that we merged together in Canvas, but the classes they were enrolled into with their original ID don't appear in their dashboard when they login with the new one. Is there a way to fix that?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Blackboard it is easy to arranged one's gradebook categories by moving them around. In Canvas the manual move is awkward and difficult.  But if one of the sorting options was by assignment type, this would be helpful.  In any case, adding that sor...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

No matter the size or location I get an error message that says "Error: Unable to transmit file to the storage service. The service may be down or you may need to re-login to Canvas." I checked the site that shows if anything is down and all is good ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi. I have a course that based on the videos. I would like to get translations next to the videos via transifex. Is this possible to execute in Canvas? Thanks for your help. BR, Kati Marin

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have anyone heared if and when the feature webcam submission will be possible whilst the Assignmnet enhancemnet ist enabled in a course?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Not sure where to post this, but here are a few recommended upgrades to reassign feature: The reassign button only shows up on certain types of assignments. Media uploads do not show it but google links do - even when both are used in the same assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have been using Canvas for a few years now and this year I'm seeing some strange Speedgrader behavior for quizzes.  In past years I would see that a quiz had been completed and was ready for me to mark questions that need to be marked manual...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to download the list of people in the Groups I have created? I have four groups and I would like to have them as an excel or word table.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I currently have a course with many assignments linked to Google documents using the soon to be deprecated Google App for creating Google Drive Cloud Assignments. A few questions: 1) Do I need to redo all my assignments with the new Google Assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the down side to turning on this feature now  in the admin  - we are new to canvas and so far no students have used it.... Thanks, David

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are designing a global microschool to begin Fall 2021. It will be project-based, competency using attached outcomes for feedback, multi-teacher (5), multi-content (30 ish credit bearing courses), and multi-grade (9-12). We know that we will need t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Please, help. I'd like to know if Canvas exports the assessments results using the specification QTI - Results Report. I searched the Canvas documentation and the forums and couldn't find any mention of that possibility.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After talking to several teachers in my building about their process for grading work by students with modifications or accommodations, I saw a need for Canvas to help with this process.  Right now, I list student modifications/accommodations on a sp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students working on an assignment that they submitted via document upload, and I provided comments. They then submitted a revised version of their paper (in the same assignment), and now they can no longer see my annotations from the first sub...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I advance 1, 5, 10 or 20 seconds while viewing a video?  I know I can speed the video up, I'd please like to know how to jump a few seconds ahead, or behind.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies