Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I reset my password after the outage, and it works just fine everywhere else I use my Maricopa email in. However, Canvas will not let me in no matter how many times I reset my password. I need help ASAP, as I have no other way to log into it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had a problem with every email from my professors going to my spam folder.  The emails come from "@instructure.com".  After putting in a help desk ticket with my email service provider, they let me know that the ip address that instructure.com s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How long for DPBR to be informed? How will CANVAS be able to issue to DPBR that I passed if I did not put my license number in any field? Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any other CCSD teachers having the same issue that our school is?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an add-on that will allow you to add automatic comments to quiz questions to let students know why they got a question wrong?  Right now it seems that the only way to do this is to manually add the comment each time after the quiz is complet...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have encountered the following issue a couple of times in the last week. One portion of MathJax text (that seems to be properly formatted) is not rendered, giving a "Math Processing Error". However, it is more complicated than just that. If I edit...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The "Mark as Done" feature is great for students to see their progress.  However, it would be useful for the button to appear at the bottom of the assignment, so that the student does not have to scroll back to the top to click "Done" after reading a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create more than three (3) paths in MasteryPaths or is that even an option?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! How do I make a design suggestion and/or see suggestions and vote on them? I am an instructor.  Thanks, Megan O'Brien

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we were a Blackboard shop, we created a lengthy spreadsheet that listed all functionality of the system anytime we wanted to install a new building block or enable a new feature. Now that we are on Canvas, we have identified a similar need. Curi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a Canvas Admin . I have a teacher trying to import a Test Bank QTI.  He has been doing this all year as a Classic Quizzes.  When he tried this weekend, it created a strange Assignment that is automatically choosing External Tool.  When he puts a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students took the Midterm Examination on a given schedule. All, except for one student took. I gave another schedule for him to take it, adjusting the availability and due date. When I check the scores, only the sore of the last student who took t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

for some reason, my canvas is being extremely slow in loading things. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student and want to port over Canvas's inbuilt "todo list" (the list view on Canvas Dashboard) to my own native app. I can't seem to find out how to get all the information provided in this list via the API and I've been banging my head agains...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add web services when there is none to choose from?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am copying an existing Canvas Course. In the Announcement section, does the u mean that the announcement is unpublished and will not be visible to students? Thank you, Sharon

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I go to canvas I'm greeted with a pop up asking me to take the student tour.  I click it away.  Another pop up pops up that I just click away since I never asked to see another pop up.  I've done this about 50 times so that's about 100 pop...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Moving to Canvas from Blackboard.  Mostly fine.  Some aspects good.  Quizzing is positively primitive.  Are there LTI Quiz tools that will approach blackboard's functionality for higher-level sorting in pools, batch-grading essays instead of student-...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate assignment where the "assign" field is to a subset of the class (various discussion sections in my large enrollment class)? If I have select "duplicate" from the vertical ellipsis menu, the "assign" field is not present. I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anybody else pulling their hair out over the popover table tool that appears when you click anywhere in a table in the new rich content editor? For me, it often obscures content that I want to edit in the top one or two rows. I see no way to dismi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to record a video through this webpage and I'm logged in but the record button won't respond? I need help figuring this out please.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way I can save lecture videos that my professor posts in a module on canvas? Professor records the lectures on zoom and puts them into a video inside a module. So multiple videos within a module. A student asked if we could record the lect...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student in my Canvas course reported a peer's photo as "offensive" by mistake.  I didn't even know such was possible.  I can't even figure out how to do that myself.  Please advise how I can "undo" the offensive or really "see what happened."    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Topic: using the Chat feature, more or less privately. First, I believe that I've searched, and the most recent, relevant post seems to be from 2020. I'm building on that, but if I've missed a post that answers my Q, apologies and please correct me. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone/anyone!   I am trying to access Slack - and the first instruction is to locate account navigation - can someone help me through this process as I cant seem to find "account naviagation"   KR Lynn

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set a course end date to allow a student to turn in something late. I have access to change the date, but every time I do it defaults back to a specific but random future date in 2026.   Picture 1 : pasted date with desired time (note ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher and I need to access a past gradebook from fall term.  When I go into the course, and to the gradebook,all the grades are missing. It shows only one random assignment.  How do I get those grades back into that gradebook?  Any help is a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can New Quizzes please allow partial credit on these types of questions? It frustrates students and I spend way too much time going back through them to award points.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2021 View Solution
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Some of my students missed the assignment due date and sent me their assignments by email. Is their any way I can upload these assignments to Canvas manually?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi- I've recently started having an issue with my canvas course. It's been published for 3 years, and for the last few weeks, when I try to add a learner it states that invitations will not be sent until the course is published. It is published. I do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies