Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are experiencing a strange issue for students on Chromebooks. When the students click the "Grades" link in the sidebar, they can view the grades page for their course.  The only problem is that the "Score" column is completely blank.  (not even sh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to record a video in the rich content editor but want other than the room background. Is that possible?  Thank you.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting to use the Redirect tool and have the documentation and it look very simple to setup however it just wont work. When I go to add the app at the course level I am able to name it, add the HTTPS url selct the navigation options and then wh...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

my course its not publish its not letting me publish it i dont know why i need help 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One student, one paper, but used for two different assignments in our class this term. But, TII did not flag the later submission as being 100% similar to the prior submission (the assignments were about one month apart). Did I miss something? I need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add logarithm, base 10 and natural in new quizzes?  This is a basic function that is needed for science.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does locking announcements keep students from seeing them? All my announcements from last quarter were carried over, which is great, but I don't want to go through 30-odd announcements and delay publication. Does locking keep them from student eyes? ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello there, I just have a quick question, does the free canvas instructure site have a limit when it comes to creating courses or the amount of data you can upload to it? is this a sort of trial? I would appreciate your clarification on this matter ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to open up a file to peer review but it keeps saying that it needs authorization. My professor said other students have been able to open it but for some reason it wont let me have access to the powerpoint. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally imported an assignment with a rubric associated with it and now I have duplicated outcomes that I cannot edit or delete. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am so frustrated at the moment.  I am going through Canvas training right now at my school. We have homework every week, including discussions, which are not terribly difficult, but it is the timeline that is driving me crazy.  Here is an example o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,I originally thought that I had lost a rubric scoring for a Canvas Quiz I had done for a particular assessment for scholars.  However, upon beginning the process of re-scoring my scholars' assessments, I found that the original were saved, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm guessing it's because I'm using external tool submissions, but my assignments are all closed and I'm still getting student resubmissions. Now I'm going and changing every single one to only 1 allowed attempt, which is a massive time suck and I ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to add bonus points to a category so that it allows for additional points to be added?  For example, if there is an optional assignment that I want to have Canvas assign the bonus points to the final exam grade, how would I set that up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student and my class is using the appointment system in the calendar to put up meeting dates but even though I know that there are meetings being put in I cannot find anything in my calendar for that class. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I receive an email notification for new student messages in my inbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

need help.  It seems my office386 is no longer listed as an approved app integration, so I am not able to log into office365 from canvas to download homework.  I get an error that “Something went wrong with authentisign.”          

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have invited a new student and they have accepted the invitation. Their status still says "pending" and they cannot access the course's conference. Is there a normal delay or is there a problem? What should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to put a Scrum board into canvas to help students manage their PBL projects.  Has anyone been able to do this?  I tried tables, but this is static, and students can't get into it in their groups to manage the Scrum.  I just need headings "Ta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My district has just started a new grading period. I am attempting add the same groups in assignments that I previously used. When I add a group to the current quarter, the old group titles pop up and my newly created group is at the bottom creating ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue. I accidentally turned in the wrong file for a quiz. When the professor notified me of the issue, I sent the correct file and told them to check the timestamp on the file and they would see that I did in fact complete...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I am instructor.  I recently went back to review a scholar's work.  When I did, all of the previous selections I had made for the scholar's rubric on a previous submission were completely gone.  (Like I had never graded the assignment before.)...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do you remove an assignment that you have already submitted? My professor has requested that I do so because I submitted it too early, and says that since the assignment is still open I should be able to.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to sustain in this forum in the days to come. thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an easier way to transfer questions from a Midterm exam to the Final exam?  I have a class that I am not doing (publishing) a Midterm exam but I want the same questions added to my Final exam. Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering how to do this in my emails. I think its a signature.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to use student view without completing the "required" assignments due prior to the page I'm trying to view as an instructor in student view? I have often removed the requirements because of this issue of it blocking me from having acce...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some teachers have received a notification that states "student has met maximum allowed attempts," with a greyed-out button. This is in spite of Allowed Attempts being marked as unlimited.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a list of 50 students (out of 340) in my Canvas course. I want to send these 50 students a message. I don't want to enter each of their names by hand into the "To" field of the Compose Message box. I have tried pasting the list in in various f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sure others have experienced this, but when I go to "Assign To" and want to assign work to specific periods, only two of my six classes show up in the list.  I then have to start typing the name of the course, but then it will often delete the "7...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies