Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We have integrated a ticketing system within Canvas using LTI tool. The next step for us is to integrate its notification within Canvas conversations. However, unlike other endpoints, the Conversations API is a little bit harder to understand. I've b...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible for the parents to view the marked rubric that the student sees? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been (mostly successfully) using the API more and more to help set up and run my Canvas courses. One thing I can't find anything about is the grade book, in particular around the posting marks policy and checking the status of and executing th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Canvas quiz.  I would like for my students to be able to take the quiz during normal class time, say 1pm to 2pm either Wednesday or Thursday.  How can I have the quiz be open during those times (1-2 Wed and 1-2 Thu) but not during times in-b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, 1) We noticed that students were able to see their actual marks instead of their letter grades even after the assignment had been set to "display letter grade". Is there any way to resolve this? 2) In group assignments, instructors used to be abl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My son has trouble tracking all of his current and past due assignments. Is it possible to view all assignments, for all courses, in one place (rather than having to go to Grades for each course individually)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, I am trying to delete concluded students from a course. I initially wanted to just leave them in concluded, but they are making my analytic reports inaccurate and showing up in progress reports as not having been active. When I do an analytics re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I have noticed that assignments created by my teacher without a due date (but still needing to be done) do not show up in the most helpful To-Do list. Is there a way to get assignments with no due date to show in the To-Do list?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can someone look at this screen shot and help me to understand why the answers were marked wrong?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to add ProctorU LTI to Canvas? Or does account services/customer success team have to handle.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone. I was wondering what do I do when I finish a class early. Do I just leave it alone since I'm done with it or is there some sort of "finishing task" I need to do to complete it? Thanks

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,  I have set module release dates for all my modules. I just noticed that students are accessing pages and activities within modules that have not opened. The only way I have been able to duplicate this is by clicking from the Course Summary l...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm wondering if there is anyway to create a set of "canned comments" for assignments. I find myself typing out the same comments to many, many students for common issues or problems. It would be nice to have a list of comments I create for each assi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Hi! I was wondering how to send messages to people for courses I am no longer taking. I wanted to email an instructor from about a year ago (as I don't think they check their email often) and I was hoping to use canvas. However, I can't seem to wr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have set up my assignments groups and added weights. Each of my assignments is out of 100 points. How will the course grade be actually calculated? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have designed a course which takes place during the whole year and improves the students academic skills (e.g. Academic writing in English). Assignments for this course are linked to the ones of other courses. So for example the course Philosophy r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor trying to automate giving extensions/setting due dates for certain students, but I don't understand where to programmatically access the "Everyone Else" due date. I first make a new assignment in Canvas using the web interface and ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The grade export produces a .csv file that appears below. I need each data point to appear in its own cell. I can't use the sheet which looks like these two images.       

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola. ¿Cómo están? Tengo un problema con la visualización de las imágenes en un curso que tengo en CANVAS. Si añado una imagen directamente puedo verla correctamente. Pero el problema es que, cuando creo una página nueva con texto e imágenes, estas ú...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm evaluating the use of Canopy for my school and working with 11trees, the developers, to refine the solution further. They have some powerful ideas about how to make discussions more valuable for teachers and students including algorithms to measu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, when I access Canvas on Chrome on my office desktop I am getting what looks like the mobile version which is annoying because I do not have easy access to the sidebars on the left:     (note this also occurs when I open an incognito...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I'm currently taking a Bio 101 course and have had a series of "quizzes" through canvas + lockdown browser. After an exam, I usually follow up with the professor to see what questions were answered incorrectly in order to fill in any gaps in m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I know what my grade is? I clicked on 'submit' and it went to the top of the page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is dark mode gonna be available this year? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Looking at  student activity log, if every time I see answered question, does that mean a complete answer? Or could it mean an answer was attempted, then edited?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a quiz that was due yesterday.  I don't want students to be able to take the quiz, so I've set it to be unavailable after yesterday.  However, I want students to be able to view the quiz, the questions, and the correct answers today.  So, I se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 23 Replies

Hey I have a question! If you delete a canvas conversation on the computer, does it delete from your inbox on your app as well?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the courses I am teaching students can submit any work for the entirety of the semester until the last date.  Is it possible to only see assignments with submissions needing to be graded?  Or is there a way to highlight those cells?  More efficien...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I try to get in to a assignment on my canvas for my History class it goes to a blank screen and when I try to go to a different class it works perfectly fine and when I use google chrome it works but I want to use Opera GX and it worked fine bef...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'd like to be able to list fractions and ratios as they are naturally written (numerator over denominator).  For example 12/7 or Drive Gear/ Driven Gear (not written in sentence form).  I need a solution for New Quizzes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies