Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am a teacher at a high school converting to Canvas. Our courses are asynchronous classes with weekly start dates for new students. We will be using the same course in Canvas for the entire school year. What would be the best way to manage assignmen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We also have a student who has submitted a first attempt assessment twice. Does anyone know how to remove the duplicate, and still have the assessment attempt recorded as attempt 1?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all We have some students who have submitted their first assessment attempt, made some updates, and re-uploaded the attempt for marking. It is now recorded as "Attempt 2", but is actually still "attempt 1". Does anyone know how to update this to c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school told us today that we need to update everything in Canvas that pulls from Google Drive and go back and load it with Google Drive (LTI 1.3). I have a lot of PowerPoints and reference material that I have loaded from Google Drive as an extern...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I post a lot of links to YouTube videos in my Canvas class. In the past when I did this, it would automatically include a thumbnail of the video along with the text link. Now, the thumbnails don't appear anymore. Does anyone know how to get th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I align a particular assessment question with 1 or more outcomes? I found some posts whichsuggested that this is possible provided the "new quizzes" option is chosen. So I investigated"new quizzes" option by looking around in "settings" but c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I divide my class into discussion groups. Each discussion group will stay intact for the full term and engage in various discussion boards together. I will get a notification when a student makes an initial post on the discussion board. However, if I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Wondering how to adjust the image displayed for a button on the Global Navigation Bar in Canvas.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I align a particular assessment question with 1 or more outcomes? I found some posts whichsuggested that this is possible provided the "new quizzes" option is chosen. So I investigated"new quizzes" option by looking around in "settings" but c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I frequently have to send messages to about 400 students in one course, and it is awkward that I can't unset the option for individual messages to be sent when there are so many. I know that for 100 recipients and above there is an internal trigger o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are developing new psychometric methods for student response data analysis. Is there a way to export the  individual responses of all students to all questions for a quiz such as a CSV or EXCEL or XML data structure. It is important that the data ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I made a first attempt at an assignment on canvas and i need to resubmit.  The problem is that a re-submit button doesn't appear.  it is past the due date.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Does anyone know if there is a way to hide text so that it does not appear in student view? i.e. for use as instructions to tutors using a canvas template? Thanks in advance!  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I require evidence of my staff completion of Growing with Canvas and Launching Awesome with Canvas. I am admin so can view as them, but not sure where to find this - help!   Thanks much, Pip  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, as student has submitted their first assessment submission well before the due date.  Then made some updates to the assessment and replaced it in Canvas. This is now showing as "attempt 2" when it is really still "attempt 1".  The assessmen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! i really need help my canvas is messed up everytime i try to go into my inbox and reply the reply button is grayed out and i cant click it and i really need to message me teachers back so this is very troubling if you look at the very top you wil...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a verbal communication rubric that I use for presentations in various classes.  I want to copy that rubric and add additional criteria specific to each assignment.  Since we can't edit a rubric that's used multiple places - I think this is my ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to alphabetize the matching options on a quiz question? They automatically go in a random order, which makes the drop-down list difficult to read, and difficult for students to find the word they are looking for!  I would love to know ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a snip of my grades for a quiz and it won't let me put in a zero for the ones that didn't complete it.  Help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, can I set up a collaboration with groups ahead of time without the students seeing it?  I want to set up the assignment before I actually talk about it and assign it. I have only used collaboration once and students saw the document...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, recently I tried to add an office 365 external app (Edu App Center) in my Canvas LMS (Version 2017) self hosted.  However, when I tried to login with my Microsoft account I get this error: In addition, I created a free account at instr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a group assignment.  I just created the groups and think I have set it up properly but want to check.  I didn't find a way to verify this in student view.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

so i made a mistake and deleted my profile picture and can't get it back... (i took it via my computer camera btw) i changed it and then regreted it afterwards so i got rid of it and now can't change it back to the original... how do i get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Is there an option to post like an overview of a teching course on the webpage of Canvas or any related page? So future students or anyone interested could have a quick look on the contents of the course and main features without creating an a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

thats it lolz

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student is taking a canvas quiz on chrome, and they open up another tab on safari, canvas would not know this? More so it would not say "Student stopped viewing quiz tab" in the log, right?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I entered a quiz, I couldn't enter any questions and all it says is "Loading...". 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I accidentally put I was underage. I’m 40  How do I change?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added child's calendar feed to my shared iCal and it has every class assignment on it, instead of the selected soccer schedule.  How do I remove the original feed?  And, is it possible to only add selected schedules?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My QTI files are now ONLY importing to New Quizzes.  This is not something we need right now, and a choice should be given on where to import - Classic or New Quizzes. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies