Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have created a final project for all 7 students in the same class.  All 7 students will be working together on the same project, so there is only one project (not a project created by each student). The project has multiple components (15) that eac...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I copied questions from my previous course to the current one. Now I'm trying to create a new quiz using question bank. When I click on question bank then unfiled questions to find quiz question, I don't see any questions listed. how can I make the o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to see a link on each Canvas page to the module that I have placed it in.  Knowing the title of the module that each page is connected to would also be helpful when navigating by pages.  I have so many pages, that it is very time consumi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-15-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

When I attempt to view the Action Log for a student's quiz responses, I am unable to see the answers they selected for any "multiple answer" questions. The page shows all multiple choice answers, but for multiple answer, it says "no answer" every tim...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Suppose I have a quiz, built with New Quizzes, that is open from the beginning of the course and due Feb 28. Students can try the quiz as many times as they want. If I set an Until date of Feb 28, they cannot submit past that date, but it also seems ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello, I have assigned the Alternative assignment for Crime Scene Investigation to 3 students only (they could not participate in the on-campus investigation).  I set the due date at 12 March.  However, as shown in screenshot below, the due date is n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Here is what I am putting in my editor for an announcement.  Links to external sources.  They show up when I edit the announcement. I click submit to post the announcement, and the following shows up:   Can anyone help with a solution, or can you t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

One of my students wants to sign up for Office Hours, but the Find Appointment button is not on her screen for her to sign up.  Please advise. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,  Trying to customize my Canvas courses after taking over for another instructor.  I would like to have my syllabus displayed on the syllabus tab.  I've uploaded a pdf, but it only shows a link to the document.  I'd prefer if the document was ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is it possible to show modules to only one student, but hide them from other students in the same Canvas course? One of my students is about to leave for a military boot camp for months apparently without access to the Internet. He wants to co...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't mean renaming a module. I mean, renaming what Canvas thinks are "modules". A module at university usually is a course, or a subject. In Canvas it has a different meaning, more akin to "course sections". Is it possible to rename this element t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The concept of E-learning has become challenging not only for students but for the teachers as well. It is very difficult to teach on the online platform. The very common question asked by every teacher is that how can they improve their teaching qua...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have a simple question about quizzes. I currently have a quiz that has two attempts, if I am taking the quiz and then decide to leave it and then resume it later, does the timer keep running? Or does it pause the timer when I leave it and co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When submitting a question to the forum, any initial submission or reply entered in the text box regularly produces an error, and text cannot be recovered. This occurs even though the message below the text box says, "your content was last auto-saved...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When grading short answers / essays, I'm unable to mark student's submissions for revision. I suppose the extremely inefficient workaround would be to quote the entire submission in the assignment comments and point out errors there (without a text e...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi all, as far as I can tell there is no way to add point annotations to a submission via the API.  It seems possible that you could grab the preview_url and start making calls as a DocViewer client, but that gets complicated fast and probably does n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! In canvas we can delay an announcement to post on a specific date/time as well as assignments, modules, etc. Can we do this inside a group? I have divided my class into groups for  project and I want to assign an assignment or announcement to ope...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can we embed Instagram videos (from accounts we follow, not my own account) and have them visible in Canvas without students needing to have their own Instagram account?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Teachers need the ability to see how their students are doing in all their courses in order to better support the student. We need a full picture of how the student is doing all around. This would allow us to be more informed as we contact families t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For two semesters straight, I have noticed that Canvas unhides exam or assignment grades without prompting and sometimes the releases are for some but not all. I've also received complaints from students (both semesters, separate classes), that their...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to make modules that only one section of the course can view? Or files that only one section can access? I'm an instructor and would like some files to be accessible to a few students, not the entire course. Without making two separate...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to create an ungraded survey (titled "Progress Report") consisting of 4 questions. Even though each question is set to "0" points (see attached), as soon as I save it all, and then try to add the Survey to a Module, it ends up being worth ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have trouble submiting my assignments. I need to submit 1 docx and 3 video files. Please point me to a FAQ on how to do that.  Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change my clock format from 12-hour to 24-hour? I've only seen options to change my time zone, but none to change the clock format.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am using SpeedGrader to grade an Assignment with PDF submissions, using a rubric. On each paper, I have to click View Rubric, and then select the appropriate Marks for the various criteria, and then Save to update the student's grade, which closes ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

please advise me on how to log into the Canvas in CTC link. I have my new user ID but when I enter my password as per canvas instruction, I received a red flag saying my password was incorrect.  Is there someone I can talk to on the phone to ensure I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas feed not updating real-time for outlook calendar. For example, creating an event in the Canvas calendar the subscribed iCal in outlook doesn't reflect a new event immediately. How long does it take to sync subscribed calendar?Canvas calendar n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally just deleted a long and important passage of text from the "details" page of a quiz (the text was in the rich text editor window), and I saved the changes. Is there any way to recover the text I deleted or restore the earlier version o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi for the last few weeks many of our users are experiencing problems with Microsoft Cloudassignment. We use, and have been using, Cloudassignments a lot so this is quite disturbing for us. Some users are suddenly unable to open the assignment both i...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies