Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi there, as student has submitted their first assessment submission well before the due date.  Then made some updates to the assessment and replaced it in Canvas. This is now showing as "attempt 2" when it is really still "attempt 1".  The assessmen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! i really need help my canvas is messed up everytime i try to go into my inbox and reply the reply button is grayed out and i cant click it and i really need to message me teachers back so this is very troubling if you look at the very top you wil...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a verbal communication rubric that I use for presentations in various classes.  I want to copy that rubric and add additional criteria specific to each assignment.  Since we can't edit a rubric that's used multiple places - I think this is my ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to alphabetize the matching options on a quiz question? They automatically go in a random order, which makes the drop-down list difficult to read, and difficult for students to find the word they are looking for!  I would love to know ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a snip of my grades for a quiz and it won't let me put in a zero for the ones that didn't complete it.  Help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, can I set up a collaboration with groups ahead of time without the students seeing it?  I want to set up the assignment before I actually talk about it and assign it. I have only used collaboration once and students saw the document...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, recently I tried to add an office 365 external app (Edu App Center) in my Canvas LMS (Version 2017) self hosted.  However, when I tried to login with my Microsoft account I get this error: In addition, I created a free account at instr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a group assignment.  I just created the groups and think I have set it up properly but want to check.  I didn't find a way to verify this in student view.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

so i made a mistake and deleted my profile picture and can't get it back... (i took it via my computer camera btw) i changed it and then regreted it afterwards so i got rid of it and now can't change it back to the original... how do i get it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Is there an option to post like an overview of a teching course on the webpage of Canvas or any related page? So future students or anyone interested could have a quick look on the contents of the course and main features without creating an a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

thats it lolz

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student is taking a canvas quiz on chrome, and they open up another tab on safari, canvas would not know this? More so it would not say "Student stopped viewing quiz tab" in the log, right?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I entered a quiz, I couldn't enter any questions and all it says is "Loading...". 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I accidentally put I was underage. I’m 40  How do I change?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added child's calendar feed to my shared iCal and it has every class assignment on it, instead of the selected soccer schedule.  How do I remove the original feed?  And, is it possible to only add selected schedules?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My QTI files are now ONLY importing to New Quizzes.  This is not something we need right now, and a choice should be given on where to import - Classic or New Quizzes. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-22-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Trying to reset my password but got this emai, instead: You requested a confirmation of your password for logging into Canvas. This address is associated with the login, "116075409168895416297". The password for this login should have been given to y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sometimes when i do my work and it takes a long time, when i click submit, it logs me back in and then all my work is lost, at first i thought it was just a bug, but then it happend again, this is very frustrating, please fix it, or create something ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link a document posted on canvas to hypothes.is

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our school we make a module for each week. I'm in elementary so under each day I have many items (math, ELA, science, writing). This makes my modules very long. The only solution I have found is to try to indent to make like an outline format. It ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our previous LMS would tell students where they ranked compared to all students in the course, and I would like to enable this in Canvas. I'm not looking to share scores in any way, simply a number, so students understand where they stand and perform...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How as an instructor can I change the headings and percentages in Gradebook?The way they are listed does not align for me. Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Over the last few months our team has been noticing missing words, or words being randomly cut out when copying pasting from Word to the RCE.  We're trying to narrow down the issue.  But it seems that it happens whenever there is one word at the end ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was taking a final earlier today and every time I clicked an answer my whole page froze so I had to refresh my page for each question. Does anybody have a solution to this problem? I tried restarting my computer and I have not had a problem like th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have logged into our course and see all of our tabs, however when I click on them nothing happens.  For instance, when I click on the people tab none of our students is shown.  Actually I click on any of the tabs and nothing happens.  I was checkin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I created a free k-12 account for grad school, and today it was all gone. Under all courses shows only the template. I can see the course name under history, but once I click on it, is says "Whoops... Looks like nothing is here! We couldn't fi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a rubric inside of an assignment. I want that assignment to be the same in 8 modules in the same course.   I can copy to into each module, edit the name, but then it changes the name for all previous copies I have made.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to be able to leave a narrative comment reflecting on each student's performance during a grading period. There currently doesn't seem to be a way to do this--instead, we can only leave comments in response to specific submissions. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school recently purchased surface pro tablets. I currently use a dell laptop and a chromebook to record my lessons and they upload just fine. My lessons range from 10-40 minutes. However, my surface pro won't upload anything that is loner than 1 ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working for a grader at a college course, and so far we have had two assignments and a midterm.  The assignment uploads in speedgrader allowed us to see a preview of the .pdf or .docx file that students uploaded like this:     But for the midte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies