Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have multiple mails appearing under the same user when i search for them in my People page. What could this be?Could it be that someone created multiple mails and accepted the invitations but due to cookies the system associates all those emails to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please, could you tell me how to create a flashcard for a Canvas course? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: Thursday View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are videos transfered into other languages such as Spanish? How do you transfer to the alternate language?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having an issue printing exam statistics. The view is fine in the browser, there is no change with adjustment of margins, zoom etc. I have tried multiple browsers (firefox and chrome) and printing to pdf (adobe, microsoft print to pdf) and print...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For the past couple days, I've been experiencing a strange glitch on Canvas, in which the website no longer displays properly. I've tried using other browsers and restarting my computer, but nothing has brought the website back to what it is supposed...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor that's asking what order (if any) the To Do list is in? I spot checked all of the tasks in the attached screenshot and it's not by the student submission date or when these assignments appear in the modules. I couldn't find an an...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am a student and I have accidentally resubmitted an assignment that I have already submitted on time. Now the assignment becomes late and the submitted file is wrong as well. When I submit again with the correct file, it is still marked as late...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: a week ago View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here is a question from one of our students: Do you know how to retrieve a written assignment on Canvas? I wrote a reflection and went to add a picture and then my text disappeared! Took me 2 hours to write! Where would my draft be? I've noticed in o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There appears to be a discrepancy between the individual assignment scores (KBAs) for the students and their total marks. While the individual scores seem accurate and relevant, the final totals don't reflect the sum of those scores.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On the right side of the screen in Dashboard mode, there is a To Do list showing me the assignments and discussion posts that students have submitted which I need to grade. I'm wondering what generates that list? For some reason I receiver alerts for...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How could I export quizzes, with correct answers, from Canvas to an MS Word doc? I would like to use something like a Common Cartridge or QTI export and convert it to an MS Word doc that shows the text of the questions, their responses, and which one...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good Afternoon Each term I manually create sandbox courses for faculty.  I want to make this process automatic.  Is there a way to create a sandbox course for each course listed in the system each semester?  If this process needs to be completed by t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am organizing peer assessments through which students' tasks will be evaluated. The issue is that, to avoid deviations in the grades (both positive and negative), I don't want students to be able to view the grades their peers have given them until...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering if anyone has created steps or documentation that will allow our SIS (Synergy) to automatically create and associate observer accounts I am looking for more information on getting parents involved and thought it there observer accounts...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to delay send a message in the canvas inbox?That way, I could write a message today and send it next week.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Hope you are all well.  Has anyone have happened to encounter an issue with Quick Check or know how to solve this problem: After coping a table from Word and pasting it into Quick Check, the grid does not show up with the table in Quick Check...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make an export of all courses that are used as templates for specific subaccounts?   I am looking for all course numbers that are templates in our rootaccount en subaccounts. I have admin rights.   Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, we're an NGO that are the official advocates (translators) of Khan Academy to the Bulgarian language. Recently we wanted to curate our own course offered to students for free, and are looking into using Canvas as a platform for it. As our targ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,Sequence of events;A teacher has created an assignment in Canvas.A student must have a later deadline, which was corrected when all other students submitted their answers to the assignment.So the teacher edited the assignment by, as I understan...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Any help would be much appreciated.Ive been trying to contact Instructor Australia for weeks now.I need access to the LTI 1.3 integration, to be able to have my sons timetables and schedules and lessons on the Flip Pro interactive Screen.We purcha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, We have a Blueprint course and I've just created several new assignment groups and weighted the groups. After syncing to the associated courses - everything is correct *except* for the weighted percentages.The assignment groups synced perfectl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm unfamiliar with using the Roll Call/Attendance feature in Canvas and need guidance on handling a specific attendance grading scenario for my course. We have a total of ten mandatory class events. To meet the attendance requirement, students must ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am an instructional designer (new to Canvas and higher ed.) and I got a faculty request to help build an online course that has 3 separate tracks within it. These three tracks have different clinical locations/assignments and some of the qui...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a long post a week or two ago. I did not subscribe to the topic; now I cannot find it, after many versions of possible subject keywords. How do I view all my posts/responses? It's not in my feed, my groups, my badges, my subscriptions, etc....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently I created a course export package that included New Quizzes. I don't have much experience with New Quizzes, and I was creating this export package to help someone else. When I imported the export package into a blank course shell, the quizze...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I'm looking for solutions for a faculty who is having issues using the DocViewer Free Draw Tool. This is a math faculty that has stated that in the past, he could free draw equations, but now when he clicks to draw, it begins moving the line (...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Questions about functionality and best practices re: inserting course links  If a user has created course links to PAGES or Navigation elements within the course -- Insert > Course Link > will the links copy over when we import the course into a new...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to save the availability settings for quizzes?  I use the same settings for each quiz, making it available to different class sections at different times.  But it is a pain to have to recreate these for every quiz.  Is there a way to c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, If I have a Canvas quiz that is built from questions from multiple modules (like a final exam for example), Is there a way to filter those results in the grade spreadsheet to see how the student(s)  performed on questions from each module? Any...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies