Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,it seems the view of assignments at a glance includes points, due date...but NOT what assignment group it is in. Unless I go to EDIT ASSIGNMENT is when I would see what assignment group it is in? could it be possible to include this info on assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

open for conversation : While trying to figure what assignments have been graded, waiting to be graded, and/or no grade ?  What are these little message looking icons ?   also while in a group assignment how do we collaborate with our peers .. The li...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, How can parents access their children's roll call attendance. When they click on the Roll Call assignment, it gives them this error  You do not have permission to launch this tool.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm wondering why we are unable to edit peer reviews. I recently had to submit a peer review on a discussion board, wrote part of the review, needed to go out of it to look at the question that were being answered and then was going to finish the rev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to go back and edit your Google Assignment once you have already loaded it to the external tool option?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Question:In my writing courses, students may request a 24-hour extension and those who request by 5:00 p.m. of the original due date receive a different due date (the next day, same 11:59 p.m. deadline). I used to then delete this block of "extension...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a quiz and students were asked to answer one of 4 writing prompts. I gave them one attempt and checked their formatting when they submitted it. If the student did not follow the correct format, I gave them another attempt to go back and ret...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have 36 students who graduated last semester, so I now communicate with them exclusively through mass messages to their personal emails (graduation ceremony, cap-and-gown info, etc.). They are still in Canvas but have no reason to log in to check t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a middle school special education teacher who handles helping the general education teachers with setting up online accommodations for their students. One of our most frequent accommodations is having extended time on assignments, up to one week ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an Admin on our School's account. I can go in to check on each student by using the "act as user" step.   When I do that I discover that the student's may change the dedicated school email to their account away from the "school" designated email...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When assigning a Google Sheets activity for students, the Canvas screenshot for the speed grader does not take consistent images.  In fact, sometimes the data listed in the cells is not viewable to the instructor.  Is there a workaround to ensure the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to set up assignments or quizzes to run in series so that a student has to complete one and hit a predetermined score to move on to the next? Ideally, I'd LOVE to have one link on my homepage direct students to wher...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a student who when entering the quiz it shows up blank and out IT helpdesk doesn't have an answer.  I (as admin) can see all the questions in student view, other students have taken the quiz in the course, and I have allowed multiple attempts ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our face-to-face conference has gone virtual and we'd like to host the learning conference on Canvas as our "conference portal". Has anyone done this on Canvas? Any recommendations on how to structure it? We'd like to host all of the recorded Zoom se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have many IEP students and was wondering if there is a way to limit their choices in a multiple-choice quiz?  For instance, the normal quiz makeup is to have 4 choices for the correct answer, is there a way to limit it to two or three?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an admin on our Canvas account. I see that Immersive Reader is now available for everyone, but I can't see where to enable it. Is it still rolling out? All I have is the Wiki Page trial, which is locked. Should I look somewhere else? Is there a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thanks in advance!   We have students who are submitting assignments from their iPad (they get the confetti as if they submitted), but on the teachers end, nothing shows up. Yes, the iPads are up to date with the current IOS and yes, I was there when...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an assignment that has several parts.  I would like the students who complete the first part to see the correct answer before I grade it, so they can work on the second part with confidence they are using the correct part 1 amounts.   Is there...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am updating my question banks for a course, but within my banks are a bunch of banks from someone else's section of the same course. I don't know how these got into my course. If I delete them, will this other person's course be impacted or will it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am overachieving student. I take anywhere between 7-10 classes. It is very annoying I cannot see all my classes on the to do list or the calendar. The calendar grays out any classes over 7 selections or so. But the to do list is just broken. Please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to apply the Late Policy if the assignment has multiple attempts and the 2nd or 3rd attempts are beyond the Due Date?  Does this mean that if the 2nd and/or 3rd attempts are after the Due date, the Late Policy will always apply?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I like to use the rubric to make specific comments while grading. I also use the comments section below the rubric. The number of times that I save one but forget to save the other is maddening when half my work just disappears.  Is there a way to ma...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All, I am a psychology instructor from WNMU.  I have an interesting issue I hope someone could help me with.  For just one class, the assignments I assign are deleted (not by me) several times a week.  Fortunately, I am able to find and restore th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A group assignment is due today, and many groups have submitted already. A student asked to complete it independently and late. If I remove the student from their group, will it affect their group's submission? Students are reaching out to me and ask...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi - I have created a peer review activity and set an until date. What I just found out was students were still able to do peer reviews and post comments after the until date was set.  It use to stop allowing is is there a reason for this change? Or ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've tried to use the "decaying average" for my outcome mastery scores as well as the "most recent" score, but neither one is letting my students retake old quizzes and have them update the mastery score. Here's how it went for one student: - Mastere...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

for the last few weeks all the questions in my quizzes 2 quizzes do not show a discrimination index in the report.  Last month every question in every quizzes 2 gave a Discrimination index.  Here is an example of what I see for every question regardl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am a student in college. I'm having an issue with one of my classes where they posted on the Canvas calendar multiple times and dates for conferences. For example they were multiple boxes posted with time slots such as 1-1:20 or 1:20-1:40. H...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, Does anyone have info on setting up Etherpad with a hosted Canvas instance? I see from Google that some institutions are using it, but the only plugin I can find seems to be for self-hosted instances.We have some use cases that Google isn't m...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to create a fill in the blank with multiple correct answers that are also checked by Levenshtein distance. For Example.  Question: Name one phylum of protists with a photosynthetic organism. Possible Answers: ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies