Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to export the quiz results from a course into a single CSV file? I have a course with 6 quizzes. Each quiz has 1-3 questions. I'd like the questions and answers for all 6 quizzes in one CSV. I can only find a way to export separate CSV...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to use Canvas API request URLs to get some data, and I'm wondering how can I modify the URL to only receive certain fields instead of all of them?  For example, the URL I'm working with is: https://canvas.instructure.com/api/v1/courses...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to create a file to share with my group but when I go to create the file I get two error messages one is "Your session has expired, please log back in." and the other is "An unexpected error occurred". I've used collaborations in the past ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Under New Analytics, I'm accessing the Weekly Online Activity, Students and Reports tabs. I'd like to filter them by session, but the session I'm looking for (which has 16 students newly enrolled) is not listed. In fact, 12 other sessions we have cre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to find out what the most popular times or days that all our students access the course? We are keen to know whether most students are active during the day v's night and weekdays v's weekends. We're hoping it can help us better unders...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to see any of the powerpoint that I need in one class. I am able to see the powerpoint from previous days but from one point onwards the screen shows that I'm logged in but simply states that I don't have access to the PowerPoint. there a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the free draw annotation tool, I sometimes get weird sketches that are where my mouse has been but not when the free draw tool was selected.  I have to delete the odd sketch(es) and then reselect the tool and draw.  Sometimes I have to do ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Looks like I published an ordering question with an incorrect key (correct response). What are my regrading options now that students have completed the quiz? I do not see regrading options for regrading in my item bank. I can manually filter and reg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having similar issues. I created a group discussion board in a module. Then I decided to rename that discussion board a couple times. This seems to have resulted in creating a new discussion board with differently assembled groups for each renam...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to copy a page from a previous course into my current course so I accessed the past course, located the page and used the copy to feature to copy it. There was a page with the same name on my current shell so I figured Canvas would either: A...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add unicheck onto canvas. I just can't figure it out. Thank You

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So a gave a quiz and synced the scores to Aeries.  Then when going over the quiz, I gave students partial credit on individual problems and updated the score. The score shows up correctly on Canvas gradebook. When I click the manual sync to Aeries op...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Quiz on Canvas have the option for teacher paced questions like in Socrative? I like using the Quiz feature for assignments, but there are times where I would like to release one question at a time so students do not move through the activity to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is it that when I assign work to just a select group of students in Google LTi3 It is pushed out and made available to everyone in the class. Sometimes I am assigning differentiated work that I do not want other students to see or have access to....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We co-teach 650 students in P.E.. About half are virtual and half hybrid and they can change their placement  anytime they want. To attempt to keep accurate attendance/grades Everyone gets the assignment. If you are virtual you take a "quiz" at the e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! I'm adapting my department's template home page to play nicely with the new RCE, and I'm struggling to replace images in the same way I could with the old RCE. Specifically, with the old RCE, I was able to select an image on a Page and use th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not get a lot of the options (shuffle questions) that New Quizzes has.  How do I know which version I am using (Classic or New)?  How do I get to New Quizzes to create a quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I've set up my course to be self paced so I have not assigned due dates to my assignments. Is seems like as a result I can no longer see grade totals. Either I can select "All Grading Periods" and view grades for each assignment but no totals OR ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to remove assignments from the gradebook and student list without completely losing the content? Reason being is that our course is a year long, but I cannot accept work from semester 1 any longer so I don't want it to show up on their...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Simple question - how do I actually publish my Rubric so students can see it?Right now on my dashboard it shows my rubric as NOT visibleand I can't find a button anywhere that let's me make it visible Here is what my screen looks like:

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings Canvas Community!  I am an instructional designer at my institution, not a programmer. I've been asked to look into an issue that's created when we cross-list courses. When we cross-list courses I see the student's original section  in the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 18 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Will someone explain in clear language how the feedback and quiz availability options effect feedback? I need to know what to do for my final exam.  My final exam is composed of questions from previous exams so I do not want this feedback available. ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am trying to add a link to a "trinket" I created on trinket.io into my course shell. The url I tried is https://trinket.io/edamouroux-1779/courses/cosc1519-intro-to-programming-2110#/additional-self-learning-trinkets/topic-4-loops-addition...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey,  Currently it is not possible to upload a file (Excel, pdf, etc.) in New Quizzes questions or item banks. Is this a feature that will be added in the future (I could not find it on the Timeline Overview for New Quizzes)? Or is there a way to wor...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I have some images uploaded to a restricted folder for a quiz, and they will be available as the quiz start. However, I currently have a student who would like to start the quiz earlier. I'm wondering if there is any suggestion on how to set t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't open the course menu to see my classes on my computer, anyone else having this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I really like the Office 365 External Tool option in Canvas, but my students on Macs are not able to use it... Any suggestion I can give them?  When they open the assignment, the External tool does not show up for them. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way of including a BCC or CC to oneself when sending an email to a student via Canvas?  Or is there some other way of keeping a record of messages to students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please Please tell me this is now fixed. I want the groups to have their own homepage. You can make a page the front page  in groups - but you can't assign it to the homepage of groups. The group homepage is just a blank stream page. This has been a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to add images to multiple choice questions in the new quiz engine? If so, how does one do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies