Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I NEED HELP how do you set a pass word for canvas??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to integrate Microsoft  365 in my Canvas course. Specifically, I want to use it as a collaboration tool. Do students need a OneDrive account to use this 365 as a collaboration tool? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have migrated from Sakai, and the one feature I miss is Mathematics in ChatRoom. I would interact with students using Mathematics (MathJax), so that I could reply with simple RG-58 is 50\(\Omega\) line, but also hairy Maxwell stuff \(\nabla\times\...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I currently use Matlab grader (as external tool) to create assignments in a course.  However, the configuration of Matlab grader is such that unlimited submissions are possible. As a consequence I have two problems 1) even if I set the attempts o...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a course from Blackboard Coursesites? When I try, using the zip exported from Bb, I get a fail message saying it's not a recognized format.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When trying to delete assignments that has been imported, the delete option is greyed out and not allowing you to delete the assignment.       

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to create a fill in the blank with multiple correct answers that are also checked by Levenshtein distance. For Example.  Question: Name one phylum of protists with a photosynthetic organism. Possible Answers: ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting empty choices for the MC options. I go back to edit, hit the little garbage can to delete the empty ones, update the question, and save. When I go back to review, the blank spaces, and more, reappear. Any suggestions?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, There have been a few occasions when I copy a course and then receive a message sating that students are attempting to access content in a different course. Why might this be happening? We use Google LTI and often it is a Google file that the ins...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have configured SSO in canvas using username but we are getting below error: Is there a way to perform the authentication using LMS_ID? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've tried modified EVERY element for the assignment but cannot figure out why the option to duplicate is sometimes unavailable.  I have only run into this issue recently (within last two weeks)!!  [examples are from the same course]

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of the admins at our school had his 'Account Admin' role revoke recently, and I want to try to track down who revoked it, or how this might have happened. Is there any kind of event log available anywhere in Canvas which might record this informa...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor, is there a way to change the order of my Canvas announcements?  I often wish to simply move an older announcement to the top without having to edit and delay posting or cutting/copying and pasting.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Many of the math teachers in our building use a 7 point scale which is based on the IB-scoring system. They have all enabled grading schemes in their course so that the total grade is displayed as the IB 1-7. For example, a student sees a 92% and a 7...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am importing sections via SIS Import. And, an error has been reported. "Error while importing CSV. Please contact support (error report 19044000000000214)". Do you know what this means?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to avoid that students make copy/paste or screen shot in quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A teacher in my school system is receiving the "Grading category missing for assignment" when trying to sync to PowerSchool. The assignments are in a properly imported category from PowerSchool, verified by the paper/arrow icon. Group weights match t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use multiple blank questions to get R commands from students, The csv student analysis report, however, corrupts them to useless bits. For instance, a perfectly fine answer like "x <- mean(x)" only comes out as "x ", whereas "x <- mean( x[ which(x ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've got three kids enrolled and I'm having difficulty viewing their schedules/assignments on the calendar both on the computer and the phone app.  It only lets me select ten of the classes total, not per student.  So my first question is if there is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to pick individual questions from quizzes I have imported from Commons and put them into a question bank. Is this possible? If so, then how do I do it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Canvas REST API documentation, I've found that these two entries seem to be identical: /api/v1/courses/:course_id/users/api/v1/courses/:course_id/search_users Are they really two entries that do the same thing?  Does one refer to the other?  I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From this post, I know the default is: "Students cannot view previously submitted comments by any other reviewers, including comments by TAs or other instructors." I want students to ask unique peer review questions for each assignment, but this is n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to create a fill in the blank with multiple correct answers that are also checked by Levenshtein distance. For Example.  Question: Name one phylum of protists with a photosynthetic organism. Possible Answers: ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. My question concerns the items that are in the navigation list and viewable by the instructor but not by the students. It appears that the items that are native to Canvas can be re-ordered, and so some items---e.g., People or Quizzes---can be kep...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

On the quiz that I am creating, I have questions that have an initial problem statement followed by several multiple-choice (MC) questions based on that statement. I am currently doing this by giving the statement as a "Text (no question)" question, ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello i can't figure out how to make grey document links (see photo). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Anthony

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, we were pretty pleased with the Direct Share feature to copy content between courses and were promoting it as an alternative to the export/import tool. However a user has stumped me today, she points out that the 'Copy To' feature only works ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple students with a disability that need to access recorded lectures of the course, but I don't want the rest of my class to have access to those videos. (Students with disabilities are required to sign agreements saying they won't share ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a single class that has 20+ calendar events in a day. The problem is all of these events show up on my dashboard list view, and really clutters it. I tried hiding the course notifications, and unstarring the class on my all courses page. This ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I cut and paste a DOUBLE SPACED piece of writing into DISCUSSIONS? Our instructor does not want us to attach a document. But he wants our submissions to be double spaced.  And the discussion removes all paragraph indents and line spacing when ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies