Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi everybody! I've set up a Developer Key at my Account and configured it to allow Link Selection placements of the LtiDeepLinkingRequest message type. As well, I've set up a pseudo-tool at IMS's LTI Reference Implementation Test Tool to use its prov...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everybody, I'm relatively new to Canvas + Zoom.  I've recorded the Zoom lectures and I'm struggling to get them shared via the Canvas module site. Is there a bullet point guide on how to do this task? Many thanks.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

who are the indivduals who hire or pick the online PD

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Community, First of all, thank you for your support. Here is my question: How can I create a practice shell? * Currently I would like to explore the possibility of uploading supplementary resource materials from the publisher of our cours...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have teachers reporting that students both in their classroom and working remotely are having trouble loading New Quizzes.   The Loading screen just spins and never loads.   Some of these quizzes are just a few questions so it is not a size issue....

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is my first time using an LMS. I created a course, but when I click on ADD MODULE nothing happens. I don't get a pop up box to add a title. I have watched several videos showing me what to do, but it is not working for me.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to make the canvas feed show up in my calendar on outlook, but is there a way for me to have my canvas calendar automatically sync for my students? I can show them the same steps, but it would be easier to just automatically push it into t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a quiz on which I've set a time limit of 90 minutes. However, when I go into "moderate this quiz" it's showing that several students took more than this amount of time. Next to one student, it says "finished in about 2 hours." Next to the othe...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Instructure Canvas have a plan to implement Amazon Alexa in other countries (like Bolivia)? Some dates maybe? Thanks for any information.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a few assignments using the new Google Assignments external tool. Most of my students are listed as either "submitted" or "missing", but several of my students aren't on the list- their names are missing completely. At first I thought this was...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have set up a Fill in the multiple blanks Classic Quiz. I have set Let Students See the correct answers to be a date that has already occured so students can immediately see the right and wrong answers.  When I test this out from a student view it ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, One of my assignments is not showing up in Grades.  All options are exactly set like the assignment before and after this one (those show up fine), but to no avail.  I can grade in SpeedGrader, but those grades are not visible in the gradeboo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a faculty who wants to change the points on an assignment in a blueprint and then push the change out to the courses. Does anyone know if that will cause student work to disappear when the points for the assignment are change?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need a little help. I have searched through the help documents but can't find an entry related to message issues. I can send a message to my students with no trouble. I can send to one or many etc and I can confirm that those messages arrive. Yet w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

ok Canvas - I just found out I missed a load of messages that were in my inbox, but hadn't come to my email. (they just stopped coming as emails). I think that you should make the inbox hide-able or deletable. I expend a lot of energy trying to get f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed this problem at the end of Fall 2020 semester, and now having the issue this semester. Negative signs and subtraction signs disappear when the equation editor is used to create an expression (in quizzes, announcements, assignments, etc). I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I tried to add notes in the new HTML editor, but it was scrubbed: <!-- This is an html comment --> Will that be possible when the new HTML editor is released next month? If not, please consider the feature request. HTML notes would be very very very ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is happening when the "hide a grade" feature posts grades with out my permission? It randomly does this when I am grading group papers. And then I hide them again. But then students somehow see parts of the grade and/or comments and are contacti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to post a blog rss feed on a page in my Canvas course, but I can't find anything that is both free and that works. Any suggestions? Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There are some typical tabs like gradebook, assignment, quizzes and modules that I visit for all the courses that I teach. As of now, to access the gradebook of a course, I have to first click on the course name and then click on the gradebook. Can w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could we change the "preview the document" icon (the one with a magnifying glass over a document) to an icon as suggested: eye icon or eye with eyelash icon (which I associate with "view this thing")? I find the current icon confusing, and only disco...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student I was attempting to schedule a meeting with one of my Professors and Canvas told me I needed to reauthorize WebEx. I have been unable to do this as I can not find a log out of WebEx button to be able to re enter my information. The one t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a discussion assignment where there are four articles linked, and I am breaking students up into groups of four where each student in a group is to be assigned one of the articles to read and summarize for their group members, who them must co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello I am an administrator for all ADA accommodation requests. Is there a way for me as an Admin in Canvas to generate a master class list for all current canvas courses at my university? Not courses for which I am enrolled in, but for all the class...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  I am an Instructional Assistant. I have just contacted our Technical Support Department because I am having issues when trying to add my phone number to join an outside group ZOOM account. We kept on getting an error message that said something ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Last semester I set my notifications so that Discussion posts would push immediately to my iPhone via the Teacher app. I told my students if they had questions about material to post there as I don't have push notifications for my email (my phone wou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Our institution is currently migrating to Canvas.  In so doing, we are configuring multiple LTI's in our test environment however test gets overlaid once a month by production.   Is there a way to disable the LTI's in the test environment?  If not, h...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have just completed a course on Canvas but have not received any documentation or a transcript of my coursework. What can I do to ensure that I receive credit for my work? Thank you, Patricia Mayer

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies