Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have copied course content from a previous course and like to add the image for the course card which already exists in the new Canvas course files. How can I do this easily rather than having to download the in Canvas existing image to then upload...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the global setting field, i have removed choice in the checkbox. Howerer in the courses setting filed , the checkbox  is forbidden ,the  teacher can't modify the state, even the admin accout can't . I really can not understand it , thank for eve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Expert,  I faced two questions. In fact, I submitted my ticket weeks ago but did not receive any reply from the support team. (1) Once the students submitted their assignments, the grade is published automatically. The students are wondering and I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello there,   I want to know about a permission on Portfolium when you download someone's profile there is an error that first you need to connect to the user before downloading his profile why can't I download directly ? although his profile is alr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to create an Acknowledgement course that once done will unlock other courses, How can you unlock or provide access to another course once a student acknowledges their training plan?  Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning !  I recently started developing an LTI Tool that handles Virtual meetings, a bit like Zoom. Basically, I use the LTI tool to pull Names and Roles from canvas, and have a link to attend meetings that are bound to the context of a Course....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our school requires my writing students to post writing samples I will grade via Discussion Board. I would like to use Speed-grader and make annotations directly to their Discussion Board posts. How can I do that?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,  While we are currently using the Canvas Data Portal to create reports on usage of the LMS, we're also investigating third party tools such as "Instructor Insights" and "EesySoft". Both of these systems can integrate within Canvas as ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of the options that has not seemed to make its way into the new RCE is the ability to open a link in a new tab. In the former RCE, you could highlight the linked content and use Command+K to choose the option to have the link open in a new tab. T...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My experience with the new Rich Text editor mode has been very frustrating. I love the way we can place a document in an assignment with that new Insert tab. However, it turns out that the files you place are NOW placed in a folder called "Uploaded M...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help!!! Only one of my cross listed sections will sync grades to powerteacher pro.   ?????

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach HS classes, and we have used Canvas for a few years.  I use the 'Copy To' function all the time.  I have my current courses 'starred' in the Course section so they only show up on my dashboard.  However, when I want to 'Copy to' another class...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ahoy all, I have yet to figure out why, but I have someone who wants to weight grades with half-percents. Will Canvas recognize this? Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Well, this one is driving me crazy, I'm pretty sure something was updated in Canvas today as it just started to fail this morning. Several schools have reported the same thing. Here's a video https://app.vidgrid.com/view/GR92TFlUlMSC Here's the JWT t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my module (6AAD0023-0206-2020) is publish, and the content in units is published. So why can't students see any units?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to view when a student views or downloads a file like an exam.  I want to give the students 3 hours to view or download an exam then submit the exam to Canvas after scanning it.  Is this possible? Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Para, I like to pull the Missing Assignment Report found under New Analytics for the co-teacher I work with.  This report has been a lifesaver until about 2 weeks ago.  Now when I pull the report, I receive "0 Results".  However, when I look in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have a Canvas Course set up for communication with our staff. Folks with student or teacher roles in this course have turned on "immediate notification" for when a file is added, but when we add a file to a module and publish it, they are not rece...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When attempting to copy an assignment (three vertical dots – Copy to – from the Select a Course drop-down menu, there are multiple courses to choose from (adv and regular), but all with the same name.  How do teachers know which course to choose?We r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone found that their content (and Dashboard) has expanded? Like another instructional designer, I believe a wrapper tag may be missing, and now all content expands 100% of the page, making all designs and content appear stretched. This issue b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Did anyone recently discovery this big change? There is no section break anymore and everything fill out all the screen. Someone find out a way to get the old layout?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, all. I have student submissions in .doc and .docx files that I am trying to annotate via SpeedGrader, but the DocViewer is not showing up for me, and never has. I'm running Firefoz 84.0.2, and the only extension I have is Facebook Container. I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know how to extend the time for a single student for all quizzes and assignments throughout the semester. Students often have 1.5x time accommodation, doing that for each quiz and assignment is quite tedious. Please fix this. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach computer programming to beginners, and use DOMjudge to allow students to submit solutions to problems online.  DOMjudge was developed for programming contests and gives limited feedback, "WRONG ANSWER" being very common! We are expecting to u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to schedule an appointment by following along to this but for some reason the find appointment button is not on my calendar page. Am I missing something?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I'm CANVAS user in Honduras Central America  and I've been struggling with grades export CSV format since my PC is Windows operative system and when I export my gradebook the whole scores are scrambled, Anyone knows how to fix this? or is there is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-05-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to add a quiz I created for my students to the module page and it will not appear on either the assignment's drop down menu or the quiz one. It's a "new quiz" and not a "classic quiz" but I have been trying to add it into the modules for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I make a quiz, I always like to take it to make sure I didn't make a mistake making the quiz, and to see how it will look to the student.  I know I can use Student View, but I have to publish the quiz in order to get that to work, which I don't...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if there is any way to have the schedule feature added to a free teacher account? I would really like to use this with my classes. Thanks Kym

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have an instructor who uses a rubric to score an assignment.  When grades are not posted or hidden, students can still see a link to the rubric which then displays the scores.  We would like to learn how to suppress the scored rubric until the grad...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies