Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

what does the 4 leaf clover and the yellow face with grill teeth mean beside an assignment?   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are submitting papers for peer review late and finding they have no peer reviews assigned to them. So . . . I hit "assign peer reviews." I have 100 students, so I can't really tell if those how have not completed peer reviews have been shuff...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to batch update 1000s of URLs throughout Canvas, but I am not finding a process for this type of update.  Any advice?  The URL's may have been added in Canvas in a variety of areas and in a variety of ways.  Needing to find and replace p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I want to duplicate a module.  It won't give me the option.  I have no LTI assignments in the one I want to duplicate.  Why can't I???

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching a class that is virtual this semester because of COVID-19.  My guest speaker is not on Canvas, nor does he work or belong to my institution.  Is there a way to invite him into the Conferences option on Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm using Classic Quizzes as I find the report data vital for the data I need to report to my department.  Today I discovered a discrepancy between the "Correct Student Count" values in the Item Analysis Report vs. the aggregated count of students wh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a 25 question quiz that is mainly multiple choice.  When I click on Quiz Statistics, the Question breakdown is not populating, it is just a blank box. HELP!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have problems logging in to CANVAS. I enter my password in the Log In to Canvas option and it tells me that I have incorrect log in information. I know my password is correct and my username, so I have no idea what is going on. I use the incognito ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to embed a widget (generated by  Bookwidgets.com) into my Quiz. I used the Insert/Edit Media button and pasted the code below into the Embed tab. <embed type="text/html" src="https://www.bookwidgets.com/play/2BZ8L2R" width="500" height="4...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I quickly change multiple due dates for a single student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question I'm curious to know about the pros and cons of using the "copy a module to" function versus using the canvas export package. Context This is my third year using Canvas and my course content varies from year to year. I teach year-long high sc...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Another teacher assigned something to different sets of students so that she could use different due dates for different students (blended schedule here) . It's giving her the error Error Closing OneRoster REST client... Anyone seen this before?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Morning everybody, My institution is looking to purchase some anti-plagiarism software.  The only real one that I know of is Turnitin which has a good LTI integration.  Does anyone have any experience of other platforms that offer the same level of i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,   I have employed the quiz function and used it as a marked text-entry/ essay question assignment. This will then manually marked by trainers/ assessors. I am looking for ways to set up a due date for resubmission so the students have to resu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, I have implemented IMS LTI 1.3 for a tool provider , now I an trying to list the assignments for a course using lineitems api (/api/lti/courses/:course_id/line_item) .I am able to list the assignments, but I am not able to get the due date in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas inbox has no delete/trash folder. Why is that? I need to recover a conversation that was mistakenly deleted. Unfortunately, when I went to search for the deleted thread of messages. I noticed that there was no trash box. How can I retrieve los...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for students to start a quiz and save their answers so that can go back to complete the quiz at another time.  We've allowed for multiple submissions, but it seems that when the student goes back to finish the quiz, their previous answ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one student who submitted her quiz on time but for some reason canvas "lost" it, so she had to resubmit after the due date. It is a graded survey (worth one point to every student who completes it). I assigned the point to each student via the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why I  can't see the 'appointment' option ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I am using the platform for free and wondered how many videos I could upload as I create our modules? We are quite video heavy and wanted to make sure this was the right platform for me. We have about 51 GB of video and around 550 videos, e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every week we have videos that I am  are required because there are questions embedded into the videos that are taken for grades. This week we have two to watch and I was able to watch  and submit the first one with no problems. However, when I was...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who submitted a PDF file for his test today, but unlike all others I cannot view it in the DocViewer where I write on it for feedback. I can download it but that doesn't help me if I want to write on it. Any advice? Is his PDF saved ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a Redirect App and placed the link on the Course Menu. Within a page, I want to link to the Redirect since it is on the Course Navigation; however, when I am on the page and select Course Link and Course Navigation I can only select the nat...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am using a Blueprint course to manage several different associated courses, each of each has different course dates. Whenever I sync the Blueprint course, however, the course dates and module settings for the associated courses change, even though ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My institution is moving away from Blackboard to Canvas. Our classes in Blackboard were student-driven, and we relied on Articulate created SCORM packages to deliver the content. The final slide of the SCORM package used a Pass/Incomplete LMS reporti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Everyone: I am planning to transition way from using a certain publisher's online content platform for my Human Development course.  In fact, I want to go OER in the near future--but it's hard to jump in "cold turkey".  I need to develop and c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenos días , pueden ayudarme? necesito ver las respuestas de mis alumnos y calificar los archivos manualmente, como entro?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

With canvas grading, if a student has a missing assignment it automatically puts 90 as a grade.  If the scale score is  from 0 to 100, why does the computer put 90 beside a missing assignment for a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to be able to receive student emails from my canvas courses forwarded to my regular college email account.  I've noticed that is not happening anymore.  It is convenient to know immediately when a student is trying to reach me and this service...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies