Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In the world of remote learning, I am finding that students in study groups have a distinct advantage over others and once they form study groups Canvas has some useful support tools for them.  However, with the geographic separation it is hard for s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I put my students, who are all enrolled in my one course, into sections (that represent the class period they are in)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For English 115 the scavenger hunt for extra credit I was told to write a comment to credit us Stephanie Rubio, Vanessa Perea, Ivan Rendon, Raquel Espinoza.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

En el libro de calificaciones solo veo sus matriculas, ya he intentado filtrar por nombre y aun así no logro visualizarlo. ¿Cómo puedo corregir esta situación? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For monitoring feedback in Canvas, we can use the submissions API to collect information about grades, rubrics and submission comments.  This is useful for tracking feedback given to students.  However, our feedback is given to students in two ways: ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I  get question-level results using Articulate Rise inside of Canvas? I know Rise sends the info, but I don't know where to retrieve it in Canvas. https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Quiz-Data-Sent-to-an-LMS

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  Where can I find the "Turn It In option on Canvas"? I would like to check my assignment for palagrism.    Thank you, Yvonne Melendez

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wanted to create a space on Canvas that all my classes(courses) could access. I have some interesting videos that are relevant to a number of different courses and just wanted to edit one page that is linked to multiple course rather than having to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to removed myself from courses I've made. I've tried going  to people and that didn't work. Another teacher has taken over my courses and I don't want to get  notifications. I've read solutions from other uses and none of them work.  How do I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Canvas Homepage, I have a video I would like to have autoplay. I have seen several questions about autoplay.  But so far none of them have worked for my situation. Does anyone have an idea that may help? Here is my code for the video. I also wa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Lately I noticed the correct answer in quizzes is indicated by a large red box (see image).  I don't recall it looking like this previously.  I'm using the most recent chrome browser on a WIndows 10 PC.  The PC was just updated as well.  I just check...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  I need your help for a problem ocurred while try attach any files in my canvas lms. Evidence in attach. Mensage in portuguese : Algo deu errado, tente novamente após atualizar a página. Something went wrong, try again after refreshing the page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all, I am new as the Canvas Adm on our campus and have a question. I have an instructor that is trying to add an assignment for a spring course but when he try's to add it he gets a notice that the assignment cannot be after the end of term. I hav...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have been trying to change my profile picture for the better part of a month, but I can't. I've done all of the basic things other articles on here have said, but nothing is working. Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course with a Group Set, with every student assigned to a group. I go to Calendar, click "Create New Event", and go to the "Appointment Group" tab. I select my course. At this point I cannot select the "Have students sign up in groups." opti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have a free for teachers account.  I have created a qti file via ispring studio V9 (only has one question, as I am testing process).  The import is successful to canvas.  When I create a quiz, and use  question bank as source my question is not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Canvas Guide page https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/Once-I-publish-a-quiz-what-kinds-of-quiz-statistics-are/ta-p/659 discusses the "Student Analysis" report that can be downloaded (both for quizzes and surveys).  The resulting C...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My grades are set as "automatically post grades", however there is still a grey eye with a line through it showing that the students and their parents cannot see them. Unfortunately, I do not know how to publish these. Please help. Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  Our school has a late policy .  We recently adjusted the policy from 5% to to 2.5% late penalty to a minimum of 80% off.  In the old system of late penalties (5% to 50% minimum), whenever students had less than 50% late penalties were not app...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to attach photos, I get a message saying user content exceeded after posting just one photo. The same happens when I try to upload to my “Files”. can anyone help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I like to be able to access an exam as a test student (especially when I have limited the availability to one or 2 students), but adding the test student does not seem to be an option, even when I type in test.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I clicked the "All Courses", it only shows the courses that I currently taking. I can't see any other information on this page.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I require to add Google Hangout meet to canvas, but I have a difficulty! I don't know how to make an API account for the Google Hangouts Meet. I read all the tutorials, but I don't get what to do for this case. All tutorials were completely general. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is this just a blank practice?   (Page, Discussion, Assignment and Quiz)      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create fill in the blank fractions in a Canvas quiz where students would enter the correct numerator and denominator into each blank?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  At Le Moyne, we currently use the Outcome Results report export to create Excel Pivot Chart and Tables to represent student performance data collected using Canvas Rubrics. My questions: Who uses Tableau for visually representing this data? A...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm setting up a canvas account in the Philippines for my students. Do we as individuals still need to pay for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use the Quiz tool to construct an ungraded survey for students to anonymously answer my course evaluation questions. I never had a problem with Blackboard going back after a semester has ended to retrieve Survey results. Yet as of this date, 1/30/2...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I *love* that I can make courses on Canvas public so others outside the university paywall can access the course content. Since we're all-remote this year, we're using Zoom and I've scheduled class meetings within Canvas: also great. But when I look ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We'd like to create a knowledge base to house all of our instructor and student guides, which are mostly PDFs and videos. In addition to Canvas our university mainly uses Microsoft Office 365 apps.  We decided against both a regular website and Share...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies