Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I use the Syllabus page as my homepage for my classes and have included buttons on the page to take students to where they need to go.   One of my buttons I have named Week At a Glance,it will take students to the Modules page, and to the specifics w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,  I would like to know if I can change the name of a button, especially "Reply" in Discussions. I want to change the name of the button which means posting learners' first opinion to "Post" and keep the name of "Reply" that means reply to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Canvas Developers and decision-makers, I am an instructor and I have used Canvas for 2 years now.  The new Rich Content Editor is a complete failure. So far, I have been using it to create 4 new courses and I absolutely hate it.  I do not unders...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to use Roll Call for the first time but want to be able to drop a certain number of "lowest grades" to allow a reasonable number of absences without penalty.  I understand I will need to make an Attendance Assignment Group and put the Roll Cal...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I record my lectures as podcast episodes, which are posted in a discussion board that only I would post in in order to leverage the podcast feature. I also post transcript of each episode on the same discussion board. Is there a way to copy such inst...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have been able to add links to new pages on my home page by using the prompt on the right-hand side to add pages, links, etc. That prompt no longer appears on any of my pages. How do I get it back so that I can highlight buttons?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi guys, I am creating a music course on CANVAS. I want my students to be able to upload their song and then people visibly feedback on it. Not a hidden away peer-review but, rather, as a feature. I have attached a screenshots of an example I have se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon,  I submitted my completed BYOs form to make my own Capstone a week ago. Could you tell me the status, please? Thanks a lot. Victor Andrade Email is: victorjandrade@mac.com

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This question was previously asked and answered, but I don't think the answer applies now: How can I link to an image in Canvas so that the students can download it versus imbedding it in a page? With the new interface for editing pages, I'm unable t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I like that I am in Masters classes and completing my degree

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student at a Texas university. In my user settings, I am allowed to choose between four personal pronoun options: "None", "She/Her", "He/Him", and "They/Them". I personally feel that these four options do not adequately reflect the diversity o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we use RANK or POLLING functions for Group Quiz? Task: Peer Assessment of Group and Individual members by entire class Scenario: There may be about 5 Groups, each group has 4 Members. They are presenting Groupwork pptx using Kucha-Pecha pptx. Onc...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm teaching a photography class and I need students to embed their images in a discussion so everyone can see and comment on them. We had been using Box and it was possible to embed from Box, avoiding any storage issues with Canvas. But we have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed the Canvas RTE enhancements have extended to the answers to multiple choice and multiple answer quiz questions, which is awesome.   However, with multiple dropdowns, I don't see the pencil icon that allows me to use the RTE enhancements.   ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used CANVAS and PowerTeacher and now PowerTeacher Pro without problem the last four, five years. As we began third quarter this year, I noticed an issue with SYNCING that I can not resolve. I have four classes. The assignments and grades for T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have students that are listed under "People" in my course, but when I go to grade Assignments, they do not populate and can't see the assignment. What is wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Grades will not synch to PowerTeacher from a Canvas class when I have groups within the same class.  I need to utilize groups because of having separate deadlines as per our school.  It would be easier to use groups instead of assigning each student ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I attempt to either edit an existing Discussion post or create a new one I keep receiving the message: page coming soon. I was able to use this feature successfully in the past, has something changed?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Do you guys have any idea why these parameters &per_page=100&page=3work here/api/v1/courses/:course_id/users?enrollment_role_id=3&per_page=100&page=3 but doesn't work here/api/v1/courses/:course_id/enrollments?include[]=current_points&type[]=StudentE...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are looking to do some testing of a third party addon (analytics) to canvas and want to de-identify the data prior to doing the testing (just in case of a security breach from the third-party end). We will be doing the testing on the test version ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In setting up a Discussion I enter a DUE DATE and then a LATE DATE. As an instructor going to the STUDENT VIEW, I only see the DUE DATE. In the student view am I looking in the wrong place for the LATE DATE? Just don't see it. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Canvas Community, First of all thank you for your support. I'm worried about the editing of my modules.  Can you provide me information/instructions to delete quizzes, assignments, discussion boards, etc. without LOSING them forever. * I believe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a query related to canvas. Now a days, we are receiving messages form students saying that they are seeing a ‘Submit failed’ message on canvas when they try to submit their assignments. They could submit the assignments on later day. Please l...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble understanding the Outcomes feature on Canvas.  For my course, I have 5 learning outcomes and each outcome has several quiz questions.  I created a separate quiz bank for each learning outcome and linked the outcome to each respecti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to find Project Assignments but I don't have access to Blackboard. How do I get the link and log in info? Thanks!  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. For some reason, the roll call feature is not working for 2 of my published courses. On these 2 courses, when I click on the attendance link, there is a panda on a unicycle that just keeps going. The attendance feature is enabled on both cours...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey all, I'm working on modules, and every time I reorder the items/reorganize the module, the order does not save. I haven't had this issue before. Any advice would be appreciated!   Reordering/organizing a module not saving

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Have a PowerPoint presentation with narration audio on each slide and timed transitions.  Exported as mp4 and works perfectly on my MacBook Pro.  But when I upload the mp4 file to a canvas course, the content uploads and plays, but has a very strange...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher in several of my co-teacher's classes so we can share resources. My to-do list is ALWAYS filled up with their ungraded assignments. I click the X so that the assignment goes away until someone else submits, but that never lasts long. I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I adjust permissions so that teacher's can't edit which sections their students are enrolled in? We'd prefer to manage section enrollment at the admin level to ensure alignment with other organizational systems. I've disabled 'Manage Course Se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies