Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to create a question that has multiple answers available and students can select any 1 of the answers and be correct.  Here's the idea in context. We have a book list that kids can pick from to tell which book they read.  So they could re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Gradebook is blank, how do i populate the grade i submitted in the speed grader to gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my teachers published her course. I am an admin for Canvas at our school, and through the admin account the course does not have a green checkmark showing that it's published. When I act as a user with the teacher's account, the course shows u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to repost an assignment to a few students from S1.  I am in edit mode on the assignment. I click the add button to change the dates on the assignment and it let's me do that.   It will not display ANYTHING in the ASSIGN TO box so I am una...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher and I have students download worksheets, then submit them and annotate them before resubmitting.   When students use textboxes, sometimes I (and they) can see the text boxes, but other times I have to hover over the area to find their ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!  Is it possible for the students to see when there is an observer in the course? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In January 2020, Canvas updated manual grade posting to work without an actual grade...any comments on a submission can be manually posted back to the student. I'm wondering why instructors are manually posting comments back to students. I suppose I'...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team, We have gone through the Canvas documents to get relevant API to POST the Grade Details but could not find required API , Kindly share the API to POST the Grade Details into the CANVAS. Regards, Neha

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are transferring a student from one section to another of the same course. The student has already progressed in the original course and completed assignments, quizzes, etc. I want to migrate the student's progress and work from the original secti...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My instructor posted an assignment 1 day before it was due when my school requires it to be posted 2 days before it was due. Some of the students didn't see it because the day before we assumed that there was no homework and I was one of them. We con...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So this should not be this complicated. Through another institution, I am an instructor and uploaded my profile picture with no problem. However, through my canvas for my doctorate program I can not get my picture to show. I have cleared the cache, t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I used the features to highlight and add texts on my eBook found in the module using my handphone.  however when i login during my ipad, those notes does not show up and the eBook is just plain.  is there anyway to get it transferred over ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I am new to Canvas API usage. I am trying to write a script using PowerShell that needs to grab all submissions data of a particular quiz in a section (Submission Time, Kept Score, User ID etc). I am using the following API call: $url = "https://$...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi All, I'm curious, has anyone else had any issues where announcement notification emails go out without including a link or an embedded video in the message body?  Thanks! William Guida

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I am new here so what are we supposed to do here?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned a quiz to Everyone this morning.  When the students arrived, they immediately began quiz.  As I took attendance, one student was absent.  How do I remove him?  I did not want him sitting at home looking at the quiz.  Or does it not matter ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I am creating a quiz, I would like to press "tab" or another key to move from answer option #1 to answer option #2.  Instead I have to stop typing and pick up my mouse and click on option #2.  I've tried using the "tab" key but you have to press...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to create a quiz with a Fill in Multiple Blanks problem. I am using the math equation editor to create a problem where the students are to evaluate radicals with an index. For instance (under the advanced view) in the math equation editor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to have students record videos using the RCE and post them as discussion posts, rather than using text. To meet accessibility requirements, videos need to be captioned. I see there's a way for instructors to create and add caption files ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

All of a sudden I can't click on my "Files" tab on Canvas to upload any files. How can I fix this?  I see the tab and I've used in hundreds of times. Now, it's dull looking and not active. Please help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to set up one assignment submission window for multiple drafts/deadlines for writing, the first two ungraded with commentary only, and the last one graded.  When I grade the final paper, I like to look back over its evolution, and I li...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I receive newly scheduled courses in my dashboard, but can't figure out how to have them automatically added to my calendar in canvas.  Seems like it should be an easy setting to find, ..... Can anyone tell me where I'll find this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to configure Canvas's calendar feed so it appears on a student's primary Outlook calendar? I don't know how many people are willing to look at a separate calendar. We'd like to set up weekly recurring appoints for the same time and hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I view users that have been invited to verify their user account in Canvas but have yet to respond to the automated email that was sent to the? The People view seems to only show verified accounts and not those that have been manually added bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the old RCE I could upload a video, adjust the size, and when it posted to the page, the video was there (picture too) and would play from the page.  Now, it seems like I have to make a picture first, upload the picture, then embed the link into...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When you use the "Reset Course Content" function in Settings, does it unenroll the students, too, or do they stay enrolled in the course?  I'm trying to reset a continuing education course for the new year. I need to keep the same students and link t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  My courses from last semester have gone into 'past enrollments'. This seems to have locked my grade book so I now cannot add any grades or edit what has been submitted in the grade book. What should I do to be able to edit the grade book again? ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor that has worked with Canvas for a while now, I have noticed several things that could use improvement, but one thing in particular that is needed is better instructor organization options. Quizzes:  I used quizzes through Canvas regu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Twice now I have created a matching quiz. I have filled in the left side with my vocab and the right side with the matching definitions and saved. When I preview it, there is nothing there. Questions are gone. I also looked at it in the student view....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am wondering if it is possible to make the dashboard cards appear smaller? They are too big and does not present a good over view when you have 10+ ongoing courses    BR Maria (instructor) 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies