Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm editing some New Quizzes that were recently migrated from Classic Quizzes and I noticed this bug happening at random (regularly enough that it's causing me problems)—if I try to "delete" a blank in Fill in the Blanks (by clicking the x, which nor...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to add passages with questions to a quiz.  I understand that I can do that with the Stimulus function, but I have some additional questions that I cannot find the answers to. I will also be adding other questions in banks that I will be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.We have Edpuzzle integrated with Canvas district wide. Teachers did not integrate themselves. Some students are getting an error stating, “oops configuration issue, please contact admin.” We have cleared the cache and browsing history of studen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I don't see any question banks in my course, including hte Default (Unfiled Questions) any ideas how to get that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to use Oauth2 with special scope LTI Advantage as specified in this link : https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/file.oauth.html#developer-key-setup I am not getting the payload that we retrieve from id_token in case of OpenID Connect or...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a language class, I would like to record (audio) questions, stories, etc. and use it as an assignment in Canvas module.  Students will be responding to my recorded questions, etc.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The template in Canvas for Rubrics only has 2 columns for Rating criteria. How can I add 1-2 more columns?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add audio recording of questions as an assignment on Canvas module.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to place a prerequisite on a module in which the students have to view all the videos in the other module that is the prerequisite.  Does Canvas have the capability to know if a student has watched all the videos in the required module before ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I clicked view all courses and unstarred all of the courses that I don't want to see on my dashboard, but my grades from the old classes still show up when I click "View grades". How do I get them to go away?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm new here and would like to understand how to use canvas. I have an assignment due today, and I'm supposed to submit the assignment to a graded discussion post, how do I go about it. Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Confused why do I need to sign in to CANVAS?  Message post from the instructor but I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what this CANVAS thing is.  It appears to have a lot of functions but am I required to use it for anything?  In my last class...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, global notification settings allow us to get notifications for broken links ("content link errors"), but no such option exists in individual course notifications. I am an instructor/TA for several courses, and want to get broken link notif...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Peace everyone. This semester I started group discussions. I didn't want there to be a 40 or 50-post thread that was impossible for students to read through, and decided instead to have students (28 per class) assigned to three or four groups to make...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It keeps saying my Brower is not strong enough but i just downloaded Foxfire.  How do I get a stronger Foxfire? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Ayer les mostré a los estudiantes las respuestas a sus cuestionarios. Quiero saber si alguien imprimió o guardó las respuestas en la guía. Quiero evitar que los estudiantes guarden preguntas que se utilizarán en las generaciones futuras.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have IMSCC files that have LTI links that are actually LTI links to quizzes that are hosted in another Assessment Engine product outside of Canvas. When I import the IMSCC file into Canvas, the LTI links are importing fine as links in a module.  Bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students keep getting messages like the one below or that the teacher has to turn on grading.  I don't know why this is happening now. This didn't occur 1st semester.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-19-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello. someone help me please. i linked a new gmail acc in my canvas acc because my prev gmail acc cant receive messages anymore. So i made a new gmail acc and linked it to my canvas acc so i can make it as my default email. However, canvas is still ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I went to role my old course into my new.  Before doing it I went to reset course content and I must have clicked on the wrong course!   Is there anything I can do to get back all the work I did last semester?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering how to give a student extra time on every quiz for a class. I know how to use the moderation function on a given quiz to add time for one quiz at a time, but there isn't any option I can find to set the same accommodation for every qu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a college student studying to become an English Teacher. Is there a way to download full canvas courses so I can keep them as resources when I begin teaching? In the past after 2 years some courses are deleted from the "courses tab" and I don't ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see everything on the canvas Module page. How do i make the font smaller?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many at our school are wondering if there is a way to keep a zoom meeting from showing on the students Canvas Calendar.  What we are seeing is the zooms on calendars is overwhelming some of out students, especially the inconsistent way our teachers a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With having students of different levels in my music class, I need to have different versions of the same assignment. I really don't want to make individual assignments for each Kami upload and have to assign each one manually. And I need to use Kami...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know how to select multiple assignments (in assignments with multiple groups and many assignments)? I use Cengage and it adds the assignments to the very top group and then I have to move them. I would like to do a multiple select for ins...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of students that when they opened their assignment from yesterday, the assignments were blank, all their work from the other day was missing.  We looked in their google drive and found yesterday's work, but they can't submit it becaus...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My current enrolled courses events suddenly disappears. Previously the assignments/quizzes due dates in "To Do" list were showing in Calendar but now it no longer does. Been trying to play with settings and figure them out, but could not find any set...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to use Announcements posted in a prior semester. Many of my Announcements can be used again, but how do I hide them until I'm ready to use them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I imported a quiz from a colleague's course, made some edits to it, and renamed it (to quiz 5.4) (I had removed some content from his quiz that my class had not done yet). Now, I want to make a new quiz (5.5) with the content that I had remove...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies