Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I use my Android phone to post on the discussion board, my name comes up as DubLabsUser...... I can see my classes and discussions, so I know it's linked. And when I go into my profile it has my name and email address.  Can anyone help me?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can  answers in a quiz can be annotated? As in highlight correct answer, strike through incorrect, insert comment etc. => i.e. NOT the generic comment box,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to stop question order being different from student to student when creating paper from question bank. Canvas automatically goes into jumble mode then, and keeping ‘shuffle questions’ box off does not seem to make any difference.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiIs there a way to disable or hide the next button via an external tool? I want to prevent the students on accessing the next segment before finishing the given exercise. External tool is in an iframe within canvas so I cannot access variables or el...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to assign a seperate "To Do" date to different groups on the one page? I know I can create different due dates for assignments but I would like students to know exactly what date we covered specific content. One group of students may h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Is there a way to change the black bar across the top of the home page?  Currently my course name is on it - I don't need to remove it, just wondering if I could make it wider, change the color, etc? Also, there is a very large space between t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the main Canvas notifications, I have discussions and discussion posts both set to daily summaries.  My email at the top of the column is my normal regular email that they were coming to last semester. In the course, I have daily or weekly emails ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello. I'm setting up a Mastery Paths course. We've decided to order the modules so that they are in order with each successive assignment unlocking after the prior one has been completed. I'm able to successfully add each assignment week by week and...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When an assignment is turned in will it automatically send an alert that it was turned in? How do I turn on assignment notifications?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the life of me I cannot get my display name to change when I edit or save. I have tried to restart system and it still doesn't work. Also I would prefer notifications from canvas to be sent by txt rather then email but cannot change it. I did wat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the RCE when I upload a PPT presentation that is a game it does not allow the students to view the PPT in slide show mode to play the game. I used the insert document for my presentation. Is there another way I should insert my PPT game?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

TLDR TLDR; The default behavior with the old RCE when linking to files was to download the file. In the new RCE the default behavior is to open the file in Canvas in a new tab where you can load it. There appears to be no way to change the default be...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

quick note: I am a student. I want to be able to get canvas announcement notifications for my classes into a discord server I am in. So, I am currently trying to find a way to use the API to get a list of notifications in json or html format so I can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Peace, I like how our Canvas community forum is set up.  How can I recreate it on my Canvas account?  Thank you.   Jason  The HNIC 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to download the roster? I need a digital list of my students.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a teacher that is wondering if she can choose a certain section to moderate during a quiz.  She has 3 sections for one class and when she chooses to moderate a quiz, she sees all of those students rather than just the section she is giving the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using Canvas built-in message service to forward a message from one user to another, is the sender of the forwarded message ever informed of this? That is, can they find out if the message was forwarded?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When copying content from one course to another, or importing a Course Export, all assignments show up in the gradebook automatically. However, if we change the Display Points As status to Not Graded, it removes it from the gradebook. This is useful ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher asked me the following 2 questions relating to assignment submissions. 1) Are students able to see ALL of their submissions for an assignment, rather than just the most recent submission? Sometimes they get confused. Sometimes they have to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentaly created an assignment with a past due date (last reporting period). I have a student that already submitted that assignment therefore I can't edit it or unpublish it and edit it. How do I fix this. I won't even let me grade this student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have a TA and I set up a Conference with only one student name invited/checked, will the TA  automatically be able to attend that Conference?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How useful your services have been looking at user feedback and to what extent has the technology been updated due to feedback from users and how much has the user uptake changed in the past 5 years?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,  Is there a way to get my graded discussions to show up in my gradebook?  I can grade on the speedgrader, but it isn't showing up as an actually assignment in the gradebook grid. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently created my first math quiz on Canvas - Algebraic Expressions.  Some students (not all) reported seeing expressions that were missing operators ( x - y  showed up as x   y ).  This made it extremely difficult to evaluate these expressions w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is it possible to return to the drag-and-drop box you get when you first create a module, after there is content in it?  I can add multiple files at once to a new module, which is great, but can't figure out how to get back to that drag-and-drop box ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I access slack?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

do i go to the lib. to search materials ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This question was asked in 2017, so I wonder if there are other options/solutions currently. I would like to change the weight I gave to my assignment categories this semester. I teach a semester 1 semester 2 course. Is there a way to do it without a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

At this point in time, I realize that Canvas will automatically fill in late/missing for me if I have a submission that is Canvas based. However, if there is an external tool assignment or something that I am manually entering (on paper or other site...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have copied URL from canvas to google and only one class is showing up on my google calendar.  My canvas calendar shows all classes.  How can I get all of my classes to sync into google calendar?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies