Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem on Canvas. I have students who turn in work and it is not graded, but Canvas is giving them zero credit for ungraded turned in work. For example, a student turned in three assignments. One i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I'm new to Canvas and can't seem to access my courses.  Under All courses it reads "You are not enrolled in any courses." And under future enrollments, it lists all the classes I am registered for at my institution. Some of them read "published"...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I make a copy of a course, is the discussion board from the original course connected to the copied course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All! I'm trying out conversations api & I want to send a message on behalf of another user, like a faculty member, to a student.  I read somewhere that I could use as_user_id = sis_user_id:12345  however my formatting must be incorrect because kee...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there, I have read multiple posts and cannot find a clear answer. If I ask canvas to pull say, 5 questions from a bank of 10 questions for a new question group in a new quiz, how to I make sure that Canvas does NOT pull duplicate questions from th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I use desmos a lot as a visual tool for teaching basic math skills for students who have not mastered them by high school.  Since the process of getting an answer is equally important as the answer, I really want students to submit the url of their w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Using the free version of Canvas, I somehow gave myself student and instructor privillages. Is there a way to remove the student (see attached).

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, At our college we are just adopting Canvas, so I am a new user. At the same time, we are implementing a new assessment program (regime?) college-wide, and I have taken on the role of coordinating the English and writing programs' assessment ef...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The  new student view of assignments with online file submission does not render MathJax. This does not occur when the submission type is paper, as the new view (which is hard to see in my screen shot) does not activate in those cases. I checked the...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2021 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 Replies

In our discussions we require student's to embed a Google document as their discussion post. When grading in Speed Grader, the embedded doc is so small and you have to scroll left and right to be able to view the contents of the document in full.Ente...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello all,in preparation for the upcoming semester I have a professor who in the past before using Canvas had a class that was split between upper and lower division with different assignment requirements.  The upper division students have an additio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Canvas Community! I'm looking for a solution, possibly an LTI or third party app integration that adds a feedback button at the bottom of every page in a course. Similar to the Canvas community pages, each page is equipped with a feedback butto...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Canvas Community! Is there a third party LTI out there that creates an Instructor page based on the Teacher enrollment of a course? This would take all the users with Teacher role and create a page with that particular teachers' Canvas profile....

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Thank you in advance for your help and please let me know if this is the wrong board or if the question has been posted elsewhere.I have had an instance where a student has logged in and launched a quiz from two different devices. The issues i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I've been working with canvas for the last months. Today, I've created a new course and I want to copy one assignment from one of the previous courses into the new assignment. Based on the documentation it's not a big deal, it's a feature alrea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas auto iframe an external link (not the external link I provided for this assignment) when a student opens an expired assignment in a course.Help me, pls.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After I assign a quiz to my students, I always go through each student's quiz in 'Moderate' in order to give partial credit when it is deserved (and not coded into that question type).  It seems that the updated grades (let's say a 30/40 that is resc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sorry if my next few questions seem simplistic - I can't seem to be able to get anyone to answer them for me, including the online/phone Canvas support people. 1) I'm pretty new to Canvas and trying to make it work with new classes starting soon....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

There is already a grade sync job running, please wait for that job to complete before you schedule another grade sync job.   What does this mean and how do I get it to stop. It's been saying this for 2 hours and I only synced one assignment as far a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have imported a Canvas course from last year and am updating it. I have a resource in my files that I am pretty certain is linked from somewhere on the site, but I don't remember where. Is there a way to check for links to a given file, to figure o...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to add a "link" to a Conference?  For example, I am sending home a schedule on a Canvas page with links to the online work.1. Watch this video2. Complete this worksheet3. Join this Conference at 9:30        <---------------4. Participa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to set up an assignment in my course that is also being used in a different course at the same time?We have an academic integrity tutorial that includes a graded quiz at the end. I'd like to include those grades in my course which is c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I noticed with the new update that I cannot just highlight part of the page and remove all hyperlinks in one go. I do not see the "remove hyperlink icon". I am able to go to one link and then either through the button (hyperlink) or in the insert men...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a teacher and just today learned that parents can enroll themselves as observers without notification to teachers.  (Other teachers and admin support were also not aware of this ability.) Being an observer is not an issue; we just didn't realize...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello teamSince December 18 our students can not receive any notifications for the class activities. This issue is not only with one subject, but it is also with everybody and in all courses.  The notification option is on from the students' end and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Once I have copied course content, how does it move to another course? I copied it successfully put it never asked me which course to copy it to. What am I missing?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I started adding requirements so students would have to move through my course in a specific order instead of only completing assignments and not looking at the pages. I have a few middle school students that will submit a textbox with "e" or submit ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A AUTO SAVE FEATURE FOR TEXT ENTRY WORK!!!! I JUST LOST A 600 WORD TEXT ENTRY ASSIGNMENT AND NOW I CANT GET IT BACK THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for a principal to run a report that shows the Total Activity in ALL courses for ALL students? We can pull a total activity per course, but we need data to show a combined total of how much time each of our students in the school have ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I created a Thin CC for canvas which has assignments and external links both. I followed the canvas structure by exporting a course with assignments and external tool n module. The items in module_meta has a node "global_identifierref" which I am not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies