Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi. ¿Is there any chance to search and filter by name, last name, númber, etc. on the Speedgrader resource as we made on the general grade page?  It´s hard to find each student one by one, specially when we have groups of 300 students or more. Please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several students who are on my Canvas roster but do not get assigned the google documents through the LTI canvas system. Almost all of them are very inactive, but one of them has 22 hours of "engagement" with my canvas page.How do I make sure ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good day,Is there anyway that we can buy used text books from other parents? My kids grade 4,7 and 9 books were hardly used. We need a platform that we can swop and change or buy from each other.  Let me know if we have such a platform please.  Regar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tengo varios alumnos en uno de los cursos que en vez de aparecer su nombre en el perfil de usuario aparece un número de identificador. El problema es que al cerrar el curso, estos alumnos no pueden ver los contenidos, mientras que el resto de alumnos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,A simple question. I have about 10 assignments where students submit files. I just want to grade them as a 100 if a file has been submitted. I don't want to check/view/grade them manually. Else, I just want to export a csv with 1 for a file su...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to do matching in New Quizzes, but match a phrase with a picture?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not have a submission button on any of my assignments.Can some please tell me what the issue could be?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The following error message showed when I tried to download a student submission in SpeedGrader. How could I download the student submission?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After clicking what I want to print It goes to downloads and when I clique what I want to print that has the letters HTML inside a picture of an apple takes me to the Canvas open page where I need to type my Id and password. Does not allow me. I coul...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Right now they are in alpha according to last name which is what I want, but the program lists the first name first and then the last names which makes it harder for my eye to locate the last name quickly.And some of our students have 2-3 last names ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a TA and my instructor graded projects using letter grade. However, the grading scheme needs to be modified now to change the ranges of the letter grades. I changed the grading scheme on canvas, however, that changes the letter grade itself. I w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have an inclusion course embedded into a canvas course, in order to accommodate assignments for special circumstances students. These students are listed in both courses so they have the option of completing the regular assignments or an acc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In New Quizzes, why do the student names in the Moderation area come up in random order? In addition, when you click on a student's name, you're taken to their quiz, but their name is nowhere on the page, so if you're not careful, you can easily lose...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I deleted a repeat exam but the graded one deleted instead.  how can I restore either the grades  or the exam?  THanks much!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to using blueprints and I'm wondering what I did wrong when syncing because all the content that should've been updated instead made duplicate copies...assignments, modules, discussions, etc.  I now see the original and the blueprint update.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

New to the Admin Role--We just moved to the Winter Term and one of our teachers went to setup her weighted assignments but received an error message "Assignments group weights can't be edited because there are assignments in one of the groups whose d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Greetings -  In the Spring when I had my students use the Record Media feature to create and submit a short 1-minute video of themsleves, no problems at all. These are all new Chromebooks by the way. This past winter, about 1/3 of my students had iss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When uploading a graded SCORM item into Canvas (specifically an Articulate Storyline item, exported as SCORM 1.2), what specifically triggers the "complete" function in Canvas Gradebook? I have a branching scenario built out in Storyline. There are m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I find out my classes for the next semester if I dont know them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I might have missed it but I can't seem to find anything in the community - has the pin sidebar option been removed from the New RCE feature in Canvas BETA? Or indeed if this will be released to production. See associated idea with confirm...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am having some troubles with writing formulas on a standard Canvas page. I use the "insert formula" option, I write in it Latex, the preview looks fine but then, when the formulas gets inserted in the page, its resolution drops dramatically, an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,   I am experiencing a strange phenomenon with one of my student's essay submissions (I am an instructor).   I restricted the file type to docx, and the student was allowed to upload the assignment, but, rather than letters and words, all that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I'm trying to delete a file in an archived course.  No Delete icon appears in the toolbar and clicking on Options doesn't help nor does holding down Control.  I'm the course's Teacher.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At some point in time this last semester, by Canvas was turned to a dark theme. It is not the computer because it shows the same on multiple devices, so it was somewhere in the programming. The app still shows a light theme, so I am at a total loss.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello there, my school is used to using Mastery Connecting so we can get immediate feedback on our standards. We give grades but we are also standards-based. We would love to only use Canvas, however, this has been a very confusing process. Our distr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for students to see a discussion board rubric in the same way they see rubrics for assignments? If not, can I include a link to the rubric for students to click on (without having to create the rubric as a file/document in Canvas and l...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've set up peer reviews for an assignment. What settings should I use if I want the students to submit text Comments only and not numerical ratings? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to send an email message as I post an announcement? I understand that the end-user customizes their preferred notifications, yet as a professor, I would like to have the option to select "send the announcement as an email as well" just...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have a 3 part project make 1 grade automatically on Canvas?  I have a project, that is chunked into 3 sections.  I want there to be 1 total grade - not 3.  If it is possible, will it sync to my powerschool as 1 grade?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment where I anonymized students' submissions and their names will not be revealed until I manually post all grades.  One of the students uploaded a file that has issues and I need to contact them to ask them to resubmit. However, it ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies