Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I do not see a way to export in a usable manner a single New Quiz. This page:  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-export-quiz-content-from-a-course/ta-p/826 Implies it is possible to select export as a QTI ZIP file.   I see ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We're experimenting with Blueprint courses and I'm trying to find the best way to manage template courses. The documentation lists the SIS_ID as the required ID to make an association. But, we don't create empty classes in our SIS for blueprints.We w...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi We have had an anonymous assignment. The task was closed on 27 Nov. No further submissions have been made after this date. Now, a few days later, the students have changed places. Student 65 has become student 66 and so on. This applies to about h...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.  I have a couple of questions regarding tests/percentages and front page/home tab.  Percentages on TestsFor Spring semester, the following are set up as assignmentsTest 1 = 20%Test 2 = 20%Test 3 = 20%Final = 40%TOTAL = 100% for the course grad...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to find a complaint form through canvas, but the spell check system is completely unacceptable. Most simply misspelled words don't have a recommendation for the right spelling, much less any support for complicated words with convoluted s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,First time Canvas user and the UX/UI already giving me nightmares.I set up several posts to which the students post replies. I don't want to check/grade/view/read every reply separately. If it's there, the student gets a 100, if not the students g...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a trans student that has changed their name. I haven't started legally changing my name but seeing my deadname on canvas structures induces gender dysphoria.  How can you change your display name?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use a 3rd party grading system with the Canvas API to send grades back and forth. I use the submissions API to see all student assignment stats for a particular assignment (e.g. grade, late_policy_status, etc.). I've noticed that the "graded_at" f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student using Canvas and when clicking on my calendar my classes on the right side of my screen are grey. There are also no assignments shown on my screen even though there are assignments due. How do I fix this issue? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I couldn't use the Canvas announcement send to option to republish the announcement

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a quiz that uses question banks. When I copied the quiz, to the same course, the question banks now say, "This question group is set to pick more questions than are available."Any help would be appreciated.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I have a simple question: How can I find out the Course Section of an Assignment via API? When I use "/api/v1/courses/courseid/assignments' I get a table of assignments. There is a column with the course id but there is not a column with the s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a quiz and by doing so set up "Item Banks" that categorized my quiz questions by text book chapter reference (Item Bank Title.)  Now I have discovered the Course Bank function and wonder what the difference is between these two areas?  Wher...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to move questions from a quiz that has been created in to a question bank so that I can categorize the questions and create other quizzes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola chicas y chicos,  resulta que el día 4 de diciembre tuve que realizar un examen en línea en esta aplicación, en el cual tenía que anexar una imagen en un problema para que la profesora pudiera ver los procedimientos que lleve a cabo durante mi e...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is anyone else having trouble with self-correcting quizzes that count some students' answers that contain a contraction wrong? This is in my Advanced ESL class, and at first I thought that some of the students were leaving an extra space when they ty...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

i can't access assignments under google docs or drive. it was working fine till around November, when i started getting access denied, or i need access. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

MY VOICE DURING CONFERENCE USING BIG BLUE BUTTON IS NOT CLEAR AND IT IS AUTO CONNECTING AND DISCONNECTING

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, While using an access token belonging to a student profile I tried out the submit assignment API. POST /api/v1/courses/{courseId}/assignments/{assignmentId}/submissions The response for the API is  {     "status": "unauthorized",     "errors": ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my students used a Microsoft Word file for an assignment. When I open speedgrader it is 11 pages. The file she turned in is only 9. When I download her assignment I get 9 pages aswell but in speedgrader it is 11.  What happened and how do I fi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm checking out the New Analytics function on my course and when I look at page views it seems to be counting every individual element on a page (as in each image) as a page view, which, given the number of elements on a page, is inflating the views...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi team, When importing content from archived/concluded courses (or any I assume) which has modules and pages with hard links to quizzes/discussions etc, the new course will retain that hard link, which points back to the original course (the source ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student with a graduate student instructor. My grade was changed and my instructor denied that it has. I unfortunately do not have any pictures of my old grade on my end, so I was hoping that my claims could be substantiated by the gradebook h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. I am trying to export a course from one instance of Canvas to another. FYI: I am (unfortunately) the Canvas admin and I cannot "Copy a Canvas Course" because there are different logins for the different instances. So ... I opened the first ins...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas does not allow a rubric to be attached to an external tool for some unknown reason, so as I researched 52 youtube videos later, it seemed that I could create the assignment with another label like "online". After I made the assignment with the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'd like to print out quizzes for students who need the paper copy as a support.When I've tried - it shows the correct answer.   Any thoughts?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Like many American instructors, I have students participate in a Canvas discussion by having them create an initial post early in the week, and then have them reply to their fellow students by the end of the week. However, I only see one place for a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just followed the instructions to copy an announcement to other courses. However, the announcement doesn't show up in students' "to do" lists – at least not in my student view. How will students know this announcement has been posted?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the new quizzes (not the old ones), it won't count on participation? I know this because I see students completing them in the gradebook, but it still shows a ZERO in the participation field. How do I fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are planning to set up program-level outcomes that can be linked into MC questions in question banks. I would like clarification on whether the MC question's point values must match the mastery point value of the outcomes.Past information (includi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies