Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My canvas has been set in my timezone since the start of this semester and I've had no problem submitting my assignments on time until today. I submitted my very last assignment at 11:55 am in my timezone thinking the due date was correct according t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How I can get my best in "English for Media Literacy" course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm moving a subject from another LMS to Canvas and I'm having trouble setting up a series of assessments so the grade book (and grades) work.   In this subject students are given two options, A and B. Their choice determines the work they will subm...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I teach elementary school and students or parents will often email me their assignment file if they are having trouble submitting through canvas. Is there a way for me to submit these files on their behalf so I can have them all in one place? I saw a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have 72 students and 1 student's Google assignments appear blank with the add new slide in the assignment and that is it. We have unauthorized, reauthorize Google Drive, logged into his account from many computers and still receive the same message...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to unlabel late assignments en masse? I want to remove the late penalty to my students assignments.  Must I do this one at a time for each individual student and assignment?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have not used roll call at all yet and are looking into what it can accomplish. Can anyone speak to whether it can be used to require that students attend one or more zoom meetings as requirements within a module?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I have been building course content in Canvas for almost two years and would like to elevate the quality of our course content and my understanding and application of Canvas features.I read about regular events run by the Canvas Learning Servic...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using the Free Canvas for Teacher. I just entered my students names and emails to invite them to the class. One of the student's names is now appearing as a long number. I don't see anywhere that I can edit this and change it to his name.  I tri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Apaguei errado uma conferência, como faço pra reverter, me ajudem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a Canvas "page" that was part of an imported course template.  One particular page has been copied into several modules.  Although the page title is different for each copied/duplicated page, whenever any of the copied page is updated, ALL cop...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. As I enter trimester 2, I want to hide all the grades and assignments for trimester 1. I want my students to have a new start and I don't want them to see any of the old stuff. How can I do that? Do I just delete all assignments? Is that the best...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the only way to exit out of full-screen mode in the new rich content editor to use the View menu and click on Full-Screen? This is the only way I can find to get back to see the Save button.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After I create a "new quiz," it will not allow me to edit the assigned due dates/available dates/sections - it only takes me to the build page. How can I change the assigned dates after building new quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using the Class Notebook (OneNote) feature through Canvas and love it.  Unfortunately, when my students travel to Mexico, they are unable to access OneNote even though they can use Canvas.  I have had to abandon OneNote because of this is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How many dropdown items (possible answers) can be added to a single fill in the blank item that has the dropdown option selected?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At the end of my quiz I create a file upload question for students to upload their work. Some students say the upload button doesn't work and it is always students with a mac. It has been happening the last 2 or 3 weeks. They have to email me their w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to send an email to ONLY the students missing a specific assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a quiz for my preCalc students, and this is what one of the questions looked like: 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, like many I guess I need to assess a large group online (January) - it has to be MCQ (specification of the course says so) and I have no access to proctoring software for this. So I'm planning to set a large number of different quizzes, allocatin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see annotation bar so I can make direct comments on students submissions, this is new feature I have been able to do so last semester, the assignment is submitted as PDF 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you hide a quiz grade from a student after they have submitted before they close that page?  I'm not talking about the gradebook.  I uncheck the "Let Students See Their Quiz Responses...", so in theory, they should get no feedback.  But when t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have already posted the assignment grades, yet I keep getting the crossed out eyeball showing up again, on multiple assignments I have already posted! Anyone else have this happening, and does this mean that the students can no longer view the grad...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I’m an instructor, and I just purchased an iPad (iPad Air, 4th generation) to be able to write directly on students’ pdf submissions. The issue I have is with viewing said submissions, which are fillable pdfs.When I use Canvas in Safari, I can open a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Instructional Tech here. We have program groups that are assigned in an introductory course and stay constant until the cohort graduates. These groups are used in courses to separate discussions etc... Is there a way to create an account-level group ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have copied a course from last semester but nothing is showing up in calendar. Am I missing a "click" somewhere?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am consistently having this issue.  I will assign a quiz and the image associated with the question will not appear when the students are taking the quiz.  Instead a white box will show up. I have had to print the test repeatedly.Some background in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am wanting to have a message pop up (or something similar) once a student submits an assignment.  So, in order to see this message (in my case a link to a key) they will have to submit their assignment.  Is there a way to make this happen?  I have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I really like using the external tool submission for online assignments but the problem is that sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn't. When I go in and select Office 365 from external tool submission in assignments. It has the first little b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach a large enrolment course and my role on Canvas is Instructor. I would like to be able to create sections within the course and add students to the sections easily. As of now, the only way I can do this is by going to people, clicking on each ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies