Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hey there, I've had an issue with a subject where we had students in two sections: A and B. When they clicked next from one page to the next, it would always skip over the discussions. For example, 4.1 Marketing basics 4.2 Marketing basics discussion...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have re-sent the confirmation email 4 times now. I have my course complete and need to share, but the confirmation email has not shown up so I can do so. I have checked my email spam folder and it wasn't in there either. I need to submit my final t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Taken the Grading Quiz six times and still don't get it, though I and my students are doing just fine this term. Seems like a make work project for techies and a make more counter-intuitive work for English teachers.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set up a module with two requirements, but included other tasks that were not requirements. However, when my students tried to access the non-required tasks, they could not open them until they completed the required tasks. If I want to include int...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Each time I click "Join", it opens a new window and takes me to Blindside networks. When I click on the "Canvas Conference" option in that window, it just takes me through a list of dos, don'ts and how-to's. Please help. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to export grades for specific modules? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering if anyone knows how to prevent calendar events from being draggable?  Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anybody using any LTI tools to embed images in Canvas through the RCE? We are currently looking for options outside of the built-in image embed tool within Canvas. An added bonus would be anything that includes an image gallery feature that can be...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, when will New Analtics be replacing the current analytics?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We recently switched to the New Rich Content Editor. It used to be, when you pasted a YouTube link into the text box on a page (or wherever), a little box would appear as a placeholder (see below).  Once the page was saved, the thumbnail would appear...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As an instructor, is it possible to build a quiz in steps (e.g. week by week)  by adding new questions and allowing students multiple attempts and hence update answers to earlier questions? This is useful - for instance - when students need to apply ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to prevent my assignment categories from changing when you copy a module/assignment/quiz/etc. from one course to another? I have been using the "Copy To" feature located within the Modules tab (by clicking on the three vertical dots in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I have been using MS Teams and canvas and set up a student group on Teams but forgot to do the same on canvas.  I recorded feedback and have discovered that when I post/submit it to one student the others in the group can't get access to it.  I'v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyoneI created some dictations for my students using the recording tool in Canvas. Everything worked fine but now all of a sudden my students no longer have access to these audio files.When I have a look at my assignment, the files are still th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is getting really annoying... please help! I have a quiz assessment worth 10 marks.  All questions except one are automatically marked.  The one that isn't is a file upload question worth zero.  (It is there to give students a chance to practise...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Google LTI as an external tool. Canvas recognizes students' submissions. However, it does not provide a Preview of the submission or grading availability.What steps should I follow in order to be able to see the document in the PREVIEW?  Not qu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I seem to remember I could once do this by right clicking on the image and a box would pop up for me to enter alt text, but this is not working now. I don't see any option that works for inserting alt text into an image in the menu options above the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student at FlatIron online SE program and need access to canvas.  I have repeatedly gone to www.canvas.net and requested a password reset and checked my spam folder in my registered email to no avail.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

on my dashboard on my sats under courses, I've only got home, models announcements and I can't even see mu own assignment  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola no se que pasó? Se ha borrado todo un curso de la plataforma y tengo dos semanas que la estado cambiando las fechas o la horas y hoy ya no está todo un curso.  Agradezco la ayuda para recuperar ya que son 144 alumnos.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Education Services Department released Growing with Canvas in July 2018 as a free resource for the Canvas community to use to "grow" their skills! The blog post announcing Growing with Canvas We'd love to hear how you're using it! We will update ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am a student to use canvas. From the last week, I began to be unable to see some my grade. Canvas email me to make me know the grade has been submitted , but when I check the net , I could not see it , and the grade of one of my assignments disappe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, Wondering if anyone can help...With a Tier 1 account, we have 3 Field Admins (FA's).  1 of these FA's is set as our 'dedicated' FA.  I tested our support by making some test cases and found that the first case was assigned to another of ou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As of November 25, I am unable to download student files using Safari.  I have tested this at work and at home.  It is isolated to Safari in both environments.  Chrome does work ok.  When Safari tried to download the file it hangs, then only download...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have ended up with two different canvas assignments for a single project that I assigned to my students. Some students have submitted to both canvas assignments already. I want to move the submissions from one of the canvas assignments to the other...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm at the finish line of my first LTI 1.3 flow.  Canvas can do the OIDC authentication and send me back the information about the launch.  However, for my tool, I can see that the JWT doesn't have an LTIDeepLinkingResponse which I would expect fr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am an instructor in an intro astronomy course. My course has three midterm exams, which I gave as Canvas quizzes (using the old quiz module, not the new quizzes). Each quiz is worth a different number of points. In my course, I drop the lowest ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On 11/24/2020. I completed the course 'K12 Opening Canvas'. It does not appear on my 'My Learning' list of completed courses. When I click on the same course where it says 'Enroll', it takes me to a page that says 'Congratulations'. Because, it's com...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Does anyone know if it is possible to add visibility to the teachers list view of 'All Courses'. Some of our teachers have many courses with course titles that are very similar and it would help if the course code or the SIS ID was added as a colu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't seem to find an answer to this on the forums.  We'd like to assign individual students to specific events on the course calendar.  The scheduler allows us to let students to "sign-up" for open slots, but does not appear to allow instructors t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies