Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I made an error in the grading rubric for the final paper. I’d like to know what happens if I change it, with people already having strated their grading.It’s two errors, actually: 1) the text for ‘ good’  is the same as the text for ‘ excellent’  an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Is there a way for me to se who started a conference? Is there a log I can get access to? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded an assignment as an .xlsx file. It was one of the allowable formats for this assignment. My instructor has informed me that she is unable to access the entire document. She shared the snapshot below to show me what she was seeing on her en...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are running a course that the students either pay for when they register, or they use a voucher code to take the course free of charge.  We sell the voucher codes in bulk to companies that use course, but anyone can take the course if they are wil...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assigned a quiz (new Quizzes) to my students, and they have informed me that Canvas has set them up to peer review the quiz -- which was not my intent.  I don't even see this as an option when setting up a quiz in new quizzes, and it is not there n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a student who will be taking a slower pace than the rest of our students.  This means that the student will be taking exams and watching recordings a week or two after the other students.  We are wondering if there is a way to block (just one...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my colleagues had created a group assignment. Let;s say he has group A, B, C and D.He wants each member of group A to peer review the assignment of group B. He wants each member of group B to peer review the assignment of group A.  And so on.H...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues regarding receiving email comments into student accounts. Our students are not allowed to get emails from outside of the district, unless the address has been approved. Our IT dept. has confirmed that notificati...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to disable a To Do List? Ex: A Canvas shell exists which I do not want Events/Appointment Groups to display as "To Do List" items for students.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a quiz that allowed 3 attempts with the highest grade to be recorded in the New Quiz format. After the students took the quiz the scores populated the Grade section of Canvas as "0" and students saw a grade of 0. Why? I can see the proper scor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  I was wondering if there is a way to enable the "restrict student result view" option globally or at an admin level for all New Quizzes on Canvas. My institution is considering transitioning from Classic to New Quizzes and this was a question we...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are interested in using the grade override feature for a grading period (first trimester) but the documentation says that overridden grades don't impact other course total. It seems that the override feature is designed only for the final grade ra...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use Google Cloud to upload assignments. Everything was fine until last week. Canvas shows students submitted their work but I just get a white page with "{"error":"document_not_found"}" For some, it comes through. For some, one assignment comes thr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Guidance says:"If your recipient list contains more than 100 users, your message will automatically be sent as individual messages to each user. As the sender, you will also be included in the total recipient count."Can anyone explain why this is the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have been experiencing email delays in my Gmail, for example, when I get my canvas assignment graded, It takes an hour to get to my Gmail, even though I have my email notifications set to notify me immediately. Is there something I can do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I go to a class and click view progress, it says all modules are complete even though students haven't completed them. Is this tab used for something different such as the modules are published or something? I'm very confused. Thanks. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have had multiple instances of Turnitin not pushing 0% matches to Canvas Gradebook on Plagiarism Framework assignments. Resubmitting the papers to Canvas does not fix the issue.  This began in September, and while Turnitin has been able to fix it ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have set some requirements for a module in Canvas.Despite the requirements students can continue to the module by using the next button on the last page of the previous module.So basically there is a module 1 and 2, Handing in assignments in module...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When a students sends a message to a teacher, then deletes it on the student’s end, will it still be shown for the teacher?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Nutshell: I have a quiz that is scoring on outcomes for some of my students, but not for all.  All of my students had the same questions.  All of the questions were tied to specific outcomes.  Some students see their outcome / mastery score, while ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The Canvas Teacher app on the iPad crashes when I am marking an assignment and select comments.I receive this error message: "Whoops! Something went wrong on our end. Don't worry, we've recorded this and will be taking care of it shortly."This only s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with the IT at a school. One of our teachers sent us a ticket that said when her students click on any links they get the Error 504 timed out. What are some of the possible things that could cause this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am new to Canvas, using it in hospital setting for annual competencies. I would like to exempt a few staff member (lets say 5 students) from majority of the assignments as they are not required for them. How do I do that besides manually assigning ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to log in a new laptop

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Canvas on a laptop that is running Ubuntu 18.04. Is there a Screen Capture App that I can install on this machine?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are trying to view their power points but every time they click on a file it says the following:The folder "Chapter 1," which includes this file, has been locked.All the files are published and I have no restrictions in place in settings....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed that the "title" HTML attribute is very useful when you want users to be able to mouse over the link and see the title of the object in Cavas that is being linked -- it's also awesome that emojis also appear in this hover over pop-up (wh...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey there,I was working on a lab report in a canvas quiz and when I finished It autosaved and I closed the window. What I didn't know was that I had another window with the quiz in it open and when I clicked on that one which was blank it autosaved t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know we have tags like excused, missing, etc. However, what my school and many mastery based grading systems would greatly benefit from would be a "Revision" tag. We are currently using the "Missing" tag to communicate what students can make up but...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to "assign" a module to quiz questions so that if they got a particular question wrong, the quiz tells them which module to go to? This is for a course that will be optional for students, and is designed to be a refresher of basic topi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies