Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to write equations along with text. For example,$$\det \begin{pmatrix}a & b\\c & d\end{pmatrix}= ad-bc.$$Please tell me how to do this.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to write equations along with text. For example,$$\det \begin{pmatrix}a & b\\c & d\end{pmatrix}= ad-bc.$$Please tell me how to do this.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking for a way to randomize questions differently. For example,When preparing the exam, I want question 1 to be chosen among a set of questions, question 2 to be chosen among a different set of questions, question 3 to be chosen among a diffe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone else had this? Google Cloud assignment - students open a Google Doc Template and we want the students to take a picture of their work by clicking on image icon and click on camera. We just get a gray box with a frown face.  Google Drives a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have uploaded videos through the Rich Text Editor for a course. I would like to delete some of the mp4 files. I cannot find these files in Files as Uploaded Media and they are not in Studio. How can I delete videos I have uploaded into a Canvas cou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I hyperlink a document it asks me to download it. Is there a way for it to open directly in CANVAS so I don't need to save it before opening it.?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Instructure Alumni)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using Canvas to create multiple choice quizzes, but I see something wrong; whenever I preview the quizzes, the correct option is always the first one. I have done several previews for several quizzes.   Do the choices actually get mixed u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I help parents who clicked the create account button for student instead of parent? They can't link w/ their student b/c the system thinks they are a student.They also get email already in use messages when they try to create new parent accoun...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I pressed "start" exam and then none of the questions appeared. Just a blank page with the timer on the side and the "submit quiz" button on the bottom. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The title of the question may be confuse, but I will try to explain. Please, check the image below:        Canvas will save the answer in the database and I know how to recover this answer via API. In this case, the student answer checked the second...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m starting a club and would like to create a Canvas course for it. Can I do this with my student account?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All the sudden, Skyward has been changing due dates when I sync from Canvas. I have a few assignments that were due 10/23 and say such in Canvas, but Skyward entered them as 10/24. This is causing confusion for parents since 10/24 was a Saturday. Any...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to preview shared content shared directly with me by another teacher. I keep getting this error message when I click preview:  External Tool Content Can't be PreviewedIn order to use this resource in Canvas, the external tool must be inst...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I got the image below when I integrated the Google LTI into my Pages (Home Page in this case):My question is, how I do get rid of the black space in the above frame--it is in the top and bottom of the frame. Have just the picture frame will loo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has happened several times and I am trying to figure out a solution.Background: I created a graphic organizer for my students in Word. I used several text boxes for questions with space for students to enter answers. I embed the document into my...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I use the external tool "Google Cloud Assignment" the kids will turn in work that is blank, even though I have seen them work on it in another tab. Sometimes the work saves and sometimes it does not - it seems like it doesn't save when they use ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anybody knows about a quiet study room. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an elementary teacher using modules and want to know if there is a way to reset a module for students.I want to create a "check-list" for students and I'd like to reset it each week. I have an external resource that I want students to use. On Can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This seems weird and VERY frustrating (as are most things associated with Canvas quizzes). We still have only old quizzes, if that matters. I have a bank of 23 questions that I made some time ago, and I can view and pull questions from the bank (it i...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the syntax for boolean expressions for the IF formula question? I just want to say: if(x = y, 1, 0) and have tried = and eq and .eq. and gotten error messages, and our system provides no documentation.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Help! Part of my homepage keeps getting cut off when I am in student view (Friday). Suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to show complete if any grade is sent back from a tool provider via LTI?  The tool is sending back 0.01 and the gradebook shows X.  If the tool sends back 1 it marks as complete.  Can this be adjusted so the grade book shows complete a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am a 4th & 5th-grade teacher.  My school cross-listed my core subjects (Literacy, Science, and Social Studies) into one Canvas Course.  In the course, there are 3 separate grade books for each of the subjects.   My problem is, I do not know h...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I'm an instructor, and would like to export my Canvas calendar feed to my existing google calendar so I can see my work and personal schedule in one place. However, when I try to do this (using the "Calendar Feed" url) it shows events on all calendar...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As the title says. I would like to be able to write equation when I comment on a assignment with Speedgrader or when I'm writing a message to a student. Is there a way to do this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does one use a non-English font when entering in a text box in Canvas Instructure? I have the foreign language font loaded on my laptop. I am a student trying to type responses in the language we are learning. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I exported a quiz created in Cognero as a qti file and then imported it into Canvas. I teach Economics so several questions contained tables and graphs that students need to interpret in order to answer the question. Some of the tables/graphs importe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My iphone and ipad aren’t updating inbox messages and assignments...(both of the apps are updated)i am only able to “refresh” it by closing the app each time..browser on pc is also displaying old items from the to do list.. and the “student union” it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student from my 4th period was transferred into my 2nd period. His grade is now wiped clean but grades are due. How do I see what his old grade was from 4th period. I have tried clicking "show inactive students" in the grades section but nothing ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies