Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to pull an access report for a given date?   I have used the "Last User Access" report but I need a report for a specific 24 hour period/day.  Example:  On Monday, I would like to know who accessed Canvas the previous Friday.  If a stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Colleagues!! I would like to find out if it is possible to create a general discussion forum and then have students placed in groups where they discuss a topic and create an artifact.  After they discuss and create the artifact post in the general...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our courses we have case logs that count as 5% of a grade. Our school grading policy is that you either get all 5% for completing all case logs or 0% if all case logs are not complete.  Currently, they are posted as 'quiz assignments' being graded...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've followed the instructions to regrade a multiple choice quiz question, but it doesn't look as though the student scores were changed at all in the Gradebook.  I also checked Gradebook history and it doesn't show the changes either. Is there anoth...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create an assignment as a teacher, and when students visit the assignment for the first time, by default the button where you have to click in order to begin the assignment says "Submit Assignment". Shouldn't it say something like "Start Assig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

SpoilerThe method for setting up rubrics is not great.  Editing it is difficult, to say the least.  I have tried to edit the rubric about 15 times to get the points to line up from 4 (highest score) to 0 (lowest score) and it never works.  This progr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does CANVAS have an integrated Audio file or Speech to text/transcript converter? If Yes, where do I find it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported a new module from my Commons account into a class and it merged with a completed module. So when I opened the assignments within the module they showed as complete. I opened some of the assignments individually and they were from another m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas gradebook is not recognizing the Google LTI assignment due dates in Speed Grader, which means I cannot sync with Synergy.  At the beginning of the quarter, it worked but not now.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After perusing the REST APIs I cannot find a way to create multiple courses via the create course POST endpoint. Is this ability something in the pipeline or not planned yet?  I am using the REST api not the graphql, fwiw. Our integration is working ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems to me that Canvas by default displays the student's final course grade based on the assignments submitted, not the overall score. For example, if I have 5 assignments worth 1 point each in a course (graded as Complete/Incomplete), the gradeb...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to have a page linked to an assignment and other tabs such as files, quizzes, etc, and not display the linked tabs on the modules? It gets confusing to a student when they see 2 or 3 things posted under a course for one day when all th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello Canvas,Does anyone know if there is a way to create a link (for example in a page) to a whole folder of resources rather than just an individual file?Many thanks,Lisa

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please add an option to schedule the time of the release of an email in Canvas Inbox.  This seems like a pretty reasonable request considering the options that we have in this platform.  Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all, I have a question regarding the respondus lockdown browser. I am using this in conjunction with Canvas for exams. While taking an exam with the lockdown browser (I am not using the monitor to record them), are students able to login to Can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I was asked about integrating Trello into Canvas, which looks like it did work at some stage but the app is no longer available?  Is this correct and are there any other Project Management tools, such as Monday, Asana etc that have an interfac...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas color-code (green is the default for resubmissions) resubmitted discussions in the gradebook?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Home Page 2nd Grade Elementary Curricular Courses, students are clicking World Languages - SALSA to content in a different course. I keep getting this email error, but there has never been a link here. Can you please tell me how to fix it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello All, I have a course showing the total column in the gradebook with the score percentage and the letter grade. The faculty member wants just the percentage showing and not the letter. It used to be that one can just select the total column and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When another teacher shares content with me and I have exported the content to my class, let's say I go back and make any modifications will those changes affect the teachers content? Will any changes that I make transfer to her content?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a common problem--a student assigned to a group does not do the work and thus should receive a "0" for the group assignment.  If I use Canvas Speedgrader for the group grade, then enter '0' for the individual in the Gradebook (and click missin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community,One of my teammates is trying to sync her grades from Canvas to Skyward (We're first year users in 5th grade). A quiz from September will no longer sync and is greyed out. When she selects Sync to Sync Grades, the title is grey...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I make the scores for an exam (created with Respondus) visible to my students, while assuring that they don't have access to the questions and answers. I'm happy to talk to them individually about their answers, but I don't want to set up a si...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Community,Is there a way to disable students emailing one another, but still able to email the instructor, in a Canvas Course Shell?Please advise,John SpencerMission CollegeSanta Clara, CA.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a quiz.  When going to the Speedgrader to access student's grades, this is the message I get:  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When creating a Quiz I am linking to several Question Banks that I have created.  One of the Question Banks does not show up "linked" in the Quiz and is there for "not counted" - so my point total is 90/100 instead of 100/100.  Why would a Question B...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I had a midterm associated with a particular rubric, with the midterm graded using this rubric. Then, I clicked "Show Rubric" in the midterm page, and accidentally clicked on another rubric, which seems to have associated that rubric ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to pull all assignments via Jitterbit tool using API call. What is want is to pull all users first then see the courses a user is involved in, then fetch all the assignments submitted by that user for each individual course.  The url to c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When you add a Google Doc as an external tool in a module--not part of an assignment, but just a link in the module.  Does that make a copy for each student?  Or is that just a view only copy?Thank you in advance for your help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Is there a way to increase toolbar options.  I am trying to make my assignments appear more eye catching such as changing fonts and background color, yet my toolbar is limited. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies