Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to request for the status functionality (none, late, missing, excused) in the Canvas Teacher app?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for teachers to run a missing assignments report for an entire course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't seem to find any information on pulling reports from Canvas inbox conversations? Is there a way we can generate conversation reports for individual users? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I have been using roll call attendance with all of my courses in canvas. We are starting a new term and I would like to continue to use roll call BUT I want it to reset so that attendance in the previous quarter does not affect this quarter's gra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Do you have any idea if we are able to disable the “reply” option on annotated comments in Canvas? For example, let’s say a faculty makes any sort of annotated comment on a student’s paper in the speed grader. There is a “reply” button on each of tho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to track if announcements are being read on Canvas? If so, how can this be tracked? Can a counter be added? Can I see who is viewing it (and how many times)? Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I found a post from 2015 where Pixton Comic maker was listed as an EduApp that could be added but I can no longer find it in the list of suggested apps. Does anyone know if Pixton is still supported for Canvas integration? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My highschool is set up on a semester grading system (q1 and q2 grades average for a final grade at sememtser). How can I get Canvas to continue a student's grade at q2 instead of "starting over." I need q1 and q2 gradebook to average.  I want to avo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am participating in Edgenuity's new teacher training & am unable to access Modules 8 & 9. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any hope that Learning Mastery Gradebook would be able to share that information with Power Teacher Pro? If you are using Standards-based grading, Canvas, and Power School, how are you making them all work together? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have many roles in Canvas based off of the teacher role.  Whenever a student goes to the Help menu and selects "Ask Your Teacher a Question", the question gets sent to everyone in the course that has a role based on the teacher role.  It would be ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way to assign a lesson created in a Google app like Slides so that each student gets their own copy and the easiest for students to submit as well?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I needed two different calendars for the two sections of my course. Since I understand that course sections are not able to have different calendars, I have created a (student) group for each course section and used the calendar associated to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment with a text response only.  I would like to open up the option to submit a media response for certain students. Is this possible within the same assignment, or do I need to create a separate assignment for those students that I w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can enter my account from my phone (only from the invitation sent by my teacher) but not from the computer. How can I solve this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to allow an instructor to limit access to a Page within a module, in the same way we can limit access to a file. In particular to only allow the page to be viewed after a certain date. In can manually publish a page on a given date, bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hola, necesito ayuda, quisiera sable como puedo añadir una respuesta en notación científica, en la sección de bancos de preguntas, el tipo de respuesta fórmula de, no puedo incluir de la notación científica dentro de la fórmula.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all! How can students see where they left off in the course? When a student has not worked on the course for a number of days and he logs in again, it would be very easy for him to immediately see what he worked on last time without having to go t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! How can I see on overview of all the pages, discussions, ... where students have participated on? I know that you see that on my dashboard if a page, a discussion it turned into an assigment. But apart from making an assignment out of it, how...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had an idea for Canvas that if you're trying to find something specific within a module or a teacher('s) page, there should be a keyword search. so you would have the ability to find what you're looking for quicker. the search bar would search not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I’m logging in my account and its not working for some reason.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My god, Speedgrader is awful to use. When will it be upgraded/fixed/replaced? The drawing tools are painful to use--the check and trashcan are too close to the item being drawn, and somewhat randomly the view seems to jump to a different part of the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

My colleague has created an assignment that uses 'External Tool Submission' and a 'Google Drive Cloud Assignment' that opens in a new tab. All of her students are successfully able to open/submit the assignment except for one: when this student click...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Kami is not working, I have tied multiple times to install.  Is there an alternative I can use to complete assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I needed two different calendars for the two sections of my course. Since I understand that course sections are not able to have different calendars, I have created a (student) group for each course section and used the calendar associated to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the Kami tool in Canvas. My district has paid for it and is on my courses. Before the paid account, the free trial was a dream. Upload in assignment, kids click, annotate, answer, and submit. Now, I get a constant message saying: "An Error...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do my students know that I posted a comment on their assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there,I have a fourth grade class with 4 sections cross listed together.  Is there a way to sort assignment submissions by section so I can easily see who has not turned in their work for each section?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I originally wanted my class to show a percent as a grade, but now I can't figure out how to change it so the students can see a letter as their grade and not a number percent.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has two sections of the same course, section 23 and section 26.  Section 26 was created by copying section 23 when it was finished and ready to be published.  Both sections are exactly the same.  In section 23, unsubmitted as...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies