Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to generate a report to monitor student grades school wide? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a Japanese teacher. I want to type a paragraph and then ask several T/F questions based on the reading. I don't see a way to ask more than one T/F question per each dialogue box. Is there a way for me to do this so I don't have to copy and paste...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I feel like I read in one of the many articles on PowerTeacher Pro here on Canvas that PTP does not accept letter grades from Canvas. The grade override changes the percent to a letter grade. The overridden grade does not appear in PTP. How can I get...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Graphs in Word documents show up incorrectly in the Speed Grader. Here is an example of what I see:And here is an example of what I see when I download the document and open it up in Word:The equations for the trend lines disappear in Canvas. Does an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have made several screen captures of, supposedly, the Canvas website, moving my cursor around the website, but when I watch the recording the only thing that shows is my desktop. My cursor moves as it is supposed to do in my video, and the audio is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to pull student access reports before completing my weekly attendance. Is there a way to run an access report for my entire class at once instead of each individual student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can a teacher modify EITHER individaul assignment grades OR overall grade per individual student? Reasoning:  we have students in high school working towards MODIFIED DIPLOMA and need individual grades adjusted.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

@CanvasDocTeam   When trying to sync grades to PowerSchool, some teachers are reporting that they are finding duplicates of their assignments.  Also, even though they are checking the box to not have the assignment included in the final grade it stil...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,It seems like there are lots of add ins that will allow for an instructor to check for plagiarism in a submitted Canvas Assignment within Speedgrader (turnitin, copyleaks, etc). However are there any that will work on a Canvas Quiz? Right now, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There are similar topics posted but the solution link doesn't work.  I get this this error message when I try to go there -The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a virtual machine on Google Cloud Platform and attempted to perform an automated setup by running docker_dev_setup.sh, but I got into a bunch of errors. I have attached a complete log of all of the commands that I ran and their output. http...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add a 5% extra credit "boost" to my students final exam score or is that even possible? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm currently in my sophomore year of college and I am using Canvas and when I try to look at all my grades at once, it shows every single class I've taken so far in college, including my freshman year. I want to know if there's a way to "hide" t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I set up a course a couple of weeks back, it is made up of 12 or so SCORM file assignments. I set it up to track completion (100pts) and make it so they had to complete the assignment before continuing to the next.Everything was fine for a couple ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know why this particular video created in Camtasia, uploaded to a question in a quiz autoplays. I don't want it to. I don't see anything in the code view as to why. Any ideas would be appreciated.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

SpoilerHello! I submit assignments and they don't go through, It still shows up as missing and it shows that I didn't submit anything! I need help with this issue, it's been happening to me for a while. Thank you! -AvaHello! I submit assignments and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have Office 365 connected to Canvas, but have students that are unable to access and use the LTI tool. When they connect and log in, they get this error message... You cannot access this right now Your sign-in was successful but does not meet the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the Assistive Technology Coordinator for a small k-12 school district outside of Austin, Texas. Questions-- #1  I am struggling with using our Text to Speech tool (Snap&Read Universal by Don Johnston) in Canvas Quiz--it would appear that the tex...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So for some reason when I sync to powerschool grades coded as "Late" are also coded that way in my SiS, but assignments coded at "missing" in canvas aren't coded as missing in my SiS.  Can anyone help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I learn how to save information (scores, learner analytics, etc) from my own website - in Canvas? I have a feeling something like this is what I need:https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/785215/modulesBut I cannot access the tutorials her...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are making API requests to fetch a list of all users on a Canvas site. To ensure that we are able to keep the users in sync we are planning to use the id field as a unique identifier, unfortunately, we have found that about 6.5k users (about 4% of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find anything on here about how to do that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Sir/Madam,I am a student at the MSc of the University of Stavanger in Norway. We use canvas for all of the educational purposes. Unfortunately, the Covid19 caused I could not travel to Norway for the first semester so I have to study online, but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is error 400? It blocks me from uploading files.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignment has been marked but I can't see my feedback from my lecturer.  Can anyone help? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm running Canvas LMS on Ubuntu 16.04 standalone server with Postgressql 9.5. Trying to migrate/move to the new server with same configuration and Ubuntu but better hardware. Is there a way or step by step guide showing what's needs to be ba...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use rubrics often for grading and I find the interface extremely unwieldy. Am I doing something wrong to make the following problems more acute, or is this just the way it is? And can it be fixed? 1. "Find a Rubric" defaults to a long list of every...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ever since I moved, my canvas will not load on my MacBook without connecting to a VPN first. I have tried everything I can think of, (updated browsers, tried safari, chrome, and Firefox, turned off extensions and blocking settings.) I cannot even acc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attempting to create tabs in Canvas using the HTML code. I have been trying to embed a Recorded Media, such as a Youtube video or a recording done in Canvas. When I am editing in the Rich Content Editor, it will show under the respective tab. Wh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

hello,I am a freshman of the 10-week English for academic purposes. I felt confused about the zoom login problem. I have received the email which told me that I am in L3-31, but I can only find L5-1 L5-2 L5-3 L5-4 L5-5 in the 'zoom' from the navigati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies