Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am the Assistive Technology Coordinator for a small k-12 school district outside of Austin, Texas. Questions-- #1  I am struggling with using our Text to Speech tool (Snap&Read Universal by Don Johnston) in Canvas Quiz--it would appear that the tex...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So for some reason when I sync to powerschool grades coded as "Late" are also coded that way in my SiS, but assignments coded at "missing" in canvas aren't coded as missing in my SiS.  Can anyone help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I learn how to save information (scores, learner analytics, etc) from my own website - in Canvas? I have a feeling something like this is what I need:https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/785215/modulesBut I cannot access the tutorials her...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are making API requests to fetch a list of all users on a Canvas site. To ensure that we are able to keep the users in sync we are planning to use the id field as a unique identifier, unfortunately, we have found that about 6.5k users (about 4% of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find anything on here about how to do that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Dear Sir/Madam,I am a student at the MSc of the University of Stavanger in Norway. We use canvas for all of the educational purposes. Unfortunately, the Covid19 caused I could not travel to Norway for the first semester so I have to study online, but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is error 400? It blocks me from uploading files.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignment has been marked but I can't see my feedback from my lecturer.  Can anyone help? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I'm running Canvas LMS on Ubuntu 16.04 standalone server with Postgressql 9.5. Trying to migrate/move to the new server with same configuration and Ubuntu but better hardware. Is there a way or step by step guide showing what's needs to be ba...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use rubrics often for grading and I find the interface extremely unwieldy. Am I doing something wrong to make the following problems more acute, or is this just the way it is? And can it be fixed? 1. "Find a Rubric" defaults to a long list of every...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ever since I moved, my canvas will not load on my MacBook without connecting to a VPN first. I have tried everything I can think of, (updated browsers, tried safari, chrome, and Firefox, turned off extensions and blocking settings.) I cannot even acc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attempting to create tabs in Canvas using the HTML code. I have been trying to embed a Recorded Media, such as a Youtube video or a recording done in Canvas. When I am editing in the Rich Content Editor, it will show under the respective tab. Wh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

hello,I am a freshman of the 10-week English for academic purposes. I felt confused about the zoom login problem. I have received the email which told me that I am in L3-31, but I can only find L5-1 L5-2 L5-3 L5-4 L5-5 in the 'zoom' from the navigati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Sir/Madam,Our company has a windows-based reference tool running on a server.  Because the external app field expects an URL, is Canvas serving as a menu system for web-based tools only?  Is it possible to set up a menu item in Canvas to launch ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why are quizzes tied to Mastery Paths not visible to the students? I have the due date entered, but they can't even see that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to view the grade distribution for an assignment? The instructor's manual only gives instructions on how to enable or hide this feature for students. I want to know if we can see the grade distribution as instructors and, if so, how/wh...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I've downloaded the app on my Ipad, but full functionality is not available.  I can't see all the reference links that Teacher has posted in her "Homeroom" and cannot scroll between days of the week for lessons.Any advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students who have submitted their assignments through Canvas, but are not appearing on Speed Grader.  The student parents have observed students submitting the assignments. I have observed students submitting their assignments.  But nothing is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

FOr some reason Canvas has decided to add a border to any image I insert onto a page and I don't want borders. Does anyone know how to prevent this? Have I ticked a box or pressed a key accidentally? Thanks for your help

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,  Instructor here. I do not have a problem with adding a Google Drawing assignment (unless I forget to put anything on there...) nor students having problems submitting the assignment.  When submitting, Google Drawings becomes a .pdf file. My issu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. I like to have students hand in assignments as editable, shareable links.  For various reasons, this is how I prefer to do it. Normally, say in speed grader, I can click on the link and the linked doc opens right up. Now, however - in the last we...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Ahoy all, The situation: I just updated a rubric, which was attached to a slew of assignments in several courses. As expected, I had to create a new version. I was then able to replace in the matching assignments via "Find Rubric." As is correct, I w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If i'm using the free plan am i able to use the appointment groups and if so how. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone had any experience with Zoom or Microsoft Teams (or any other companies) to integrate 'Live lectures' into Canvas ? I checked 'Blackboard Collaborate' and it seems expensive (similar to BigBlueButton). Looking for a cheaper alternative.   ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to send my Zoom recordings to the sections that it is designated to go to.  How?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I create a quiz and I use the fill in multiple blanks option, there are times when the a answer box does not show.For example, the question will ask find x and y.  I typex = [x]   y = [y}I can fill in each answer, but when the students take the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the beginning stages of the re-designing of Blackboard migrated courses and faculty have asked to help in this process for Best Practices. We understand this will require some time.  They are asked to do live webinars that would be recorded...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move/copy an Item Bank for New Quizzes to another course? When I did a selected course copy the New Quizzes copied to the new course but no Item Banks. When I edit a question the changes appear in the original course. I want to make changes ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all I just gave my first quiz in Canvas and I included a formula question where students were given 6 randomly-generated numbers and were asked to calculate the mean. I put the following formula into Canvas for the solution: (a+b+c+d+e+f)/6  Every...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was assigned to do an anonymous peer review for class, and I wound up mixing up some of my professor's instructions. When I asked my professor to remove the review, she told me she could not. Is there any way for me to just remove the review so I c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies