Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I noticed that most of the trainers for Canvas are high school teachers or teach at the college level. I find it hard to relate to the content and the trainers are not aligned to the needs of k-3 grade teachers. Are there any trainings specifically f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am an instructor and I found that Canvas's calculation is different from my expectation for late submission penalty: Scenario: For a 10-point assignment, there will be a 10% deduction for submission 1 day after the deadline. A student submit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to take a picture while submitting an assignment directly from Canvas.  I have seen videos that its possible through the app.  Is there an option when selecting a file to upload that it access the laptop camera to take a quick snapshot...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

what are the limitations of an user generated Access token? if a student gets a teacher to share a token with them what access could they have ?   Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I need to check the quiz log of several students who say they kept getting kicked off a Canvas quiz during a remote exam this week. I want to verify this is true and figure out how much time to give them to complete the questions they didn't g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  I have a faculty who would like, instead of ignoring scores for each student in an assignment group, would like to retain the highest scores in an assignment group.  Is there an option or a work-around for this?Thanks,Nancy Webb

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure if any other students are having this problem, but I cannot submit an important assignment because an error message keeps popping up every time I try. This error did not show up before, because I was able to see and download the document my ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do Assignment Group titles show up in the grade book? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a PE teacher and have many many Canvas sections assigned to me. When I go to copy a course and it lists all my other courses, they all read the same way: Physical Education 05-PO2-Hopkins Physical Education 05-PO2-Hopkins Physical Education 05-P...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a student take a test on a different date and I didn't download the previous student submissions. After the student took the exam, the previous submissions were deleted and now all I can download is one submission, the most recent one. Is there...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Math teacher here...I've been creating rubrics on assignments where each criteria corresponds to a problem on the assignment. I have been having students use the Canvas Student app to submit photos of their work so I can try and find mistakes if/when...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to identify contributors to a Collaboration document? I'll be using the Office 365 LTI. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm in Student View and submit a file for an assignment. Where does that file ultimately land?  

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

All my front pages look like they are working on my pages but the one under Mrs. Banas. This is the message I  see when going into student view. This page is part of the module Course Name or Title and hasn't been unlocked yet. Can you help?  Mark Fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 2 of the same classes, how can I create the same calendar event for both of them without doing it twice?  Can I someone select more than one class when creating the event??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

https://twitter.com/erinhallmark/status/1312460503977922561    Anyone know anything about this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-19-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students have stopped getting my webex recordings in canvas. I haven't changed anything in webex. I can see the recordings in webex put they aren't being pushed to the students canvas webex page.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using the Sync to SIS feature, many teachers in our district have been experiencing unsuccessful syncing attempts where grades are not completely imported to our SIS (Canvas) and there is a red circled exclamation point before the "Completed" st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Could someone please advise if it is possible to export grade change history in bulk across units at a system level (entire LMS system)? If yes, is this on the UI or via Canvas Data?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to limit a student's inbox messaging to only be able to message teachers and only receive messages from teachers? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,We are using CURL and when I try to import terms.csv or any file, I get " Couldn't find Canvas CSV import headers"I know the file is fine because when I try to manually upload it, it goes through. Any thoughts why Im getting this error?Thank yo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just made a critical mistake and deleted 30 courses. Is there a way to recover the students submitted assignments, quizzes and scores? I know how to recuperate the course... and the fact that The students have to be enrolled manually, but I can't f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not a question but a desperate plea, firstly to increase the field areas of links/file names, and also the file name column in files. I swear these are getting smaller each year!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just made a critical mistake and deleted 30 courses. Is there a way to recover the students submitted assignments, quizzes and scores? I know how to recuperate the course... and the fact that The students have to be enrolled manually, but I can't f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings Canvas Community,This question pertains to using student view when module completion requirements are utilized in Canvas modules. When I reset student, this also resets the module completion requirements I go through to access module conten...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For all of my assignments, my SpeedGrader is greyed out. I can only use SpeedGrader through my dashboard. I do not have any of my classes grouped, so clicking on the group option is also greyed out. If an assignment is not on my dashboard, I cannot u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set an end date for an annoucement?  I want it to come off the to do list for students at the end of the work week but want it to stay in the module.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to create a Dropdown Quiz for my students.  I have everything set up correctly, but when I preview my quiz, two empty spaces appear as an option under the [select].  I do not know how to remove these blanks.  I have tried Safari and Goole...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have ten quesions.  I want to have canvas automatically advance to the next question after 10 minutes.  Is this possible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been recording short daily videos that I want to post as announcements in all of my classes. I don't want to have to go into each class, post a new announcement, and embed the video manually every day. It only takes a couple of minutes for each ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies