Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I deleted some assignments from a previous version of the class shell, but they are still showing up in some of my students' to-do lists and in the grade book. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I regularly use the canvas calendar for classes and when I click on an event to see detail, the event details pane will jump around a little bit by a few pixels. I am not sure this is a bug or an intended feature but I do not want to see this feature...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I created a quiz.  Assigned a day and time frame to take.  And assigned to a class.  It appeared on the calendar.  I had students who missed the test, so I went back in and assigned to those specific students with a new day and time frame.  It app...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several students who get this screen just about every time they open their Canvas--Google Assignment. I have tried clearing website data and history. Turning cookies on and off, private browsing, a different browser, but nothing seems to work....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to confirm that the "Additional Comments" under each question in the Speed Grader will only go to the student that I'm grading, and not to all students who received that question.  I searched the database and cannot find that confirmation. I'm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have recently learned how to embed my Google Slides classroom with the HTML editor. This is great because it took the extra step of my students having to tap "launch external tool" to see the classroom. They were also having to re-authorize access ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I run or create a report that gives me each student by grade and contains the email address of each student  Thank you 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are submitting assignments, they are awarded with confetti.  Unfortunately when the student returns to their canvas their work is no longer visible, or work has not been submitted.  Why is this happening? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am TA running a series of tutorials each week.I have uploaded five images that I have embedded in a Page.I have inserted the page into the assignment as a link.The students open the assignment and clock on the page link to open up the assignment.Wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students have submitted their work on CANVAS.  The confetti flies congratulating for submitting.  But the students come back to check their work, CANVAS shows that their work hasn't been submitted.  Where do the work go?  Why is this happening?  How ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to figure out how to add a page/link to our Navigation menu in the course? I currently have the defaults (e.g. Rubrics, Assignments, People..) on there but saw you can add your own. Where would I go for that? Is it an extra feature/LTI I n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I'm trying to record a lesson on Canvas, sometimes the screen comes up blank with a thin line at the bottom and when I click on webcam, it only shows the words, "no video".  It will not record my whole body or the board for my lesson.  Please he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I use google slides for my daily warm-ups and students complete a little each day and turn it in at the end of the week. I would like to use Canvas for the assignment instead of creating the assignment in Classroom, and then linking it to Canvas. Whe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My professor has assignments set-up as assessments which should, in theory, allow students to work on the assignment past due until the midterm exam, but with the due date. If I am working on an assignment right up until the due date, it automa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I work as both an instructional designer and as a teacher/trainer. I'd like to add to this one (and hopefully bump it up in the process)! This is currently a feature AND a bug: When I use weighted groups in Assignments, I also use points. I want to s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there an easy way to see which quizzes have essay questions that need to be graded?Currently what I am doing, is going to SpeedGrader for that quiz and clicking through each student to see if the little blue box that says "The following questions ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I make question groups in New quizzes?  All of the walk throughs I'm finding are explaining how to do it under the old quiz format.  Thanks for your help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

There is a tab to click "Report a problem", but nothing happens when you click it. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who can't access a document through Google LTI.  It tells her to authorize the document.  She does that and it goes back to the authorize page again.  Any solutions to this problem?  Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assigned some work the week grades were due for Term 1, and there wasn't enough time to grade and post it for Term 1.  When I went in to grade and post for Term 2, I got an error message that said that "some settings have been disabled because the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all - is there any way to disable the options in a short answer text box from a Quiz? I don't want students to be able to upload url links or files to the short answer text box.    Second, is there any way to allow students to use a "draw" tool in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

PLEASE HELP!!!My students are suddenly getting an Access Denied message when they click on modules for my class. This is not a specific lesson or picture. This is just clicking on the tab for Modules. Everything was fine Friday and Saturday. This jus...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My team has a blueprint course for our grade level and I am wondering what I would need to do to cause me to lose my sync (I don't want to lose it). I need to edit assignment settings in my course so that I can assign something to just a handful of s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for students to view feedback for quiz questions without seeing the question? I would like to provide feedback to be on the general topic rather than the particular question. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a SCORM Graded Assignment set to 5 points Complete/Incomplete. Once a student completes it, I still have to grade it by setting it to Complete. However, if a student goes back into the assignment after that point--something that I want them to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to post google docs like a Reading Journal or a Science Log that students can access daily and work on the same document?Any help on how to do this correctly would be appreciated as my students keep opening multiple copies and they think they "lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see a blue circle with a white number 1 in it to the right of Grades on my instructor homepage. What does this mean? I have graded all submitted assignments.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Looking for some help making a copy of a "New Quiz" I made a "New Quiz" that draws questions from a set of question banks.  Now I'd like to make a copy of this "New Quiz" into the exact same course.  I can use the "Copy To" function that is now avail...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I receive a notification that my child's work has been graded, but when I click on it all I see is the questions, but not his answers.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, When setting up a test in canvas I neglected to have it scored as a percentage. It presently is compl/incomplete. I was able to change the settings for future testers, but I can't change the students scores who had already taken the test. When...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies