Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My grades are incorrect on Canvas. I know that my students highest average should be in the 90s, not 70s. I am unsure why the gradebook is off. All assignments are usually worth 10 points, with Mastery assignments worth 60% and Participation/Homework...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor. I assigned peer reviews, and insisted that students use the rubric. Now, when students go to look at their feedback, they're seeing blank rubrics. I can see the feedback, but they can't. This student shared a screenshot of what he...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to run a daily report of which students did not log in at all. Is that possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

a teacher is attempting to copy a assignment to another course and when selecting the course to copy to all her courses are showing up except 1. Any help would be great

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have synced my grades correctly.  I have went through all the steps.  The first time I synced my grades they all synced.  As I add new assignments and canvas and I am putting them under the categories that I created in powerschool and it show that ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like a lot of the functionality of quizzes, but the fact that you can not set up bonus questions beyond going in manually student by student is ridiculous. For this reason more than any other, I miss the old platform we used to use. Canvas has thou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our math teachers are looking for a tool that will allow them to have students input data into a data table OR we give them a data table and then they go through to necessary steps to turn it into a graph from the data.  We currently do all of this i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am using Quercus for my university coursework and up until today I have had no issues uploading files and submitting them. Today, however, I went to upload a file to submit it to an assignment and received this message: "Submit failed, please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to add someone to my course in the "teacher" role. He told me he has another Free For Teacher account, but I want to add him to my course. When I try to enroll him I get an "internal error" message. I tried also adding him in the student r...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a couple of students who need to take a different version of an exam.  Is there a way to hide the original exam they (and the class) took from them without hiding it from the rest of the class.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to find out if there is a way to create a quiz from other quizzes that have already taken place on the course this semester.I think I can take the existing course quizzes and make them Quiz Banks, if so -- then getting questions in a new...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have no option of deleting shown. Do we need to reach out to the sub and have them go in and delete or can I do it as the Canvas Admin?  Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My college's IT Department and my instructor are attempting to fix a glitch involving a quiz transmission. The instructor has stated that it seems that the Quiz Bank for Week 8 content did not sync properly when she transferred the Music Course from ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I imported a quiz another teacher made into my course. When I click on it, it goes straight to the quiz editor with the following options at the top of my screen - build, settings, reports, and moderate. I am trying to get to the options that are ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the best way to title things to be able to sort a semester's or year's worth assignments, pages and quizzes so that it is easy to find which one you want to add as a link to a page? I wish there was an "archive" feature so I could group thing...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our district sometimes uses Pass/Fail instead of a traditional grade for assignments, and this could be for specific students within an assignment. I am trying to find a way to either create a special grading scheme for this or see if the Pass/Fail o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My assignments have due dates, but when I try to synch from Canvas to Synergy, the due dates do not show up in the due date column.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm building an ungraded survey for the instructor, but I'm not sure what reporting they'll have access to. According to the Once I publish a quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available? article, it states that item analysis isn't available for...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to set up a parent account.  It will not let me get further than the pairing code to get set up as an observer.  I have been trying to do this for THREE weeks.  I have an account as a teacher, I have also stolen my son's account and insta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What happens when you use the Edit to set different settings at the same time as using Settings on a New Quiz.For example:1.  It lets you set a different number of attempts on Edit then in Settings.2. It lets you set a different total score on Edit c...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm grading essays and I know that I will come across the same issue throughout the paper, is there a way to add a reference back to a single comment?For example, if I note misspelling, improper capitalization, or a formatting error throughout the pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I know if I get "New Quizzes" option?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students are working on a Google Slides assignment that is pushed out through Canvas this way, does the document automatically save like it normally would when using Google Slides? Can they also access the documents through Google Drive? I'm hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach both in-class and virtual students with the same assignments on Canvas, however, my in-class students receive paper copies whereas the virtual students are given a digital copy. Is there a way for an assignment to have both a Submission and a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Developers -  Can we please update the grade sync options? Can I schedule a time for all of my canvas gradebooks to sync to skyward? Daily? End of the week? Can we add a button to the instructor homepage to sync all of my canvas course gradebooks to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know how to create, manage and add rubrics to assignments. But when we add a saved rubric to an assignment, we get the huge cumbersome "find rubric" dialog that requires me to browse through hundreds of my past courses to find the exact rubric for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was going to start working incredibly far ahead, but I'm unsure whether or not Canvas will store answers that far ahead of time. There are no time limits to the assignments. I will be submitting them in class ranging from next week to 4 months. Doe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of my students says she is able to see where she left off in Canvas Modules.  The specific item where she stops is underlined.  What setting has she selected to make this happen.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a teaching observer see the messages you send to individual students? Can they see the comments you wrote while grading assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My columns of grades and assignments can not be seen in the Canvas Gradebook. I am able to see only one for some particular reason, and that is the only assignment that is being used for students' averages. I was able to see the columns of grades and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies