Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I help with resource and I have my own course set up, if I copy an assignment that a student needs to complete --and when they submit via my course it there a way to also submit it to the original assignment- with the teacher??

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does an observer connect to more than one student?  I have a parent who is experiencing difficulties connecting to my student because they are already observing their sibling.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, In addition to the below... https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/What-types-of-media-files-can-I-upload-in-Canvas-as-an/ta-p/1142 ... is there any further guidance about what is the best practice around uploading image files for us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to msg my instructor after having failed my 3 atts on my canvas quiz 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have turned off the feature for the Canvas Inbox to be sent to my email because it was overwhelming with other school-related emails. I could never get my phone to sync up with getting alerts from canvas inbox, however when it is just coming to can...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I sent a New Quiz to another teacher and when she imported it..it was blank.  Nothing showed up but the title.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student is disqualified from taking an exam, can he be barred from opening it? If so, how do you do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I got this: PUT /api/v1/courses/16099/mastery_paths/rules/178: undefined / undefinedwhen i tried to change one step in my mastery path.Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?Thnx, Nes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The outcomes have duplicated and are used for several standards.  How did this happen so I can avoid in the future?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have assigned several EdPuzzles to my students.  I finally noticed when I went to look at my grades on Infinite Campus that my EdPuzzle assignments don't show up.  Upon further investigation I discovered that when I have an EdPuzzle assignment ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't want to COPY it, I want to MOVE it.  I have a completed assignment that I want to move from reading to writing.  How do I do it?  Thanks!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am an admin trying to set up my teachers in Canvas,. I have added all of them to my system by email, but it thinks they are students and will not allow them to create classes. I made cure to check off that teachers can create courses in th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have students who moved from one class to another.  I downloaded the gradebook before the change was made so I could transfer grades to the new class.  I have updated the grades, but the assignments show up as missing on the student page.  How do I...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I wanted to know if Canvas automatically checks for plagiarism when a student submits their document NOT through turnitin or other 3rd party checker, but instead adds their assignment directly through canvas submission.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For my quiz (new quiz), I granted extra time in the Moderate page. I did this via accommodations for several students and also added time for one student who had internet problems. However, the quiz still autosubmitted at the time limit set for all s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assign assignments through Google Kit because it seems to be the most reliable method.  However, today I noticed a problem.I have students in my classes who receive different assignments from the regular ed students in our classes.  So, I enter spe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to edit our district login screen to add the DCF Report Abuse Hotline phone number. How do I make that change?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to make an LTI 1.0 spec replaceResult post to Canvas in order to record a grade.Sample request:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <imsx_POXEnvelopeRequest xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/services/ltiv1p1/xsd/imsoms_v1p0"> <imsx_POXH...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I am new to Canvas.  I'm trying to have the status of each assignment show in the gradebook, but it is not doing anything.  I selected the colors (red for missing assignment) in the Status, but all of the missing assignments are still white with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Mac laptop I can view previews no problem and I am using the Google Chrome browser. However, when I doing my assignments on my desktop PC also Google Chrome and I logged into Canvas I am unable to see the previews at all and it is just a blank ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas, Community I have a bug problem with discussions.  I feel that Canvas has not made them as useful to grade as they should.  When a student posts, it immediately notifies the instructor that a post was made; however, if we choose to grade ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Canvas for my art classes. However, it is a lot easier to submit pictures with an iPad than it is with the MacBook Pro. Students can access their camera within Canvas and take a picture if they are on an iPad within a text box. If they are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Team Canvas. I want to know if there's a way to generate attendance related E-mail reminders (manually or automatically) to students who were absent or tardy. I know that students get notification alerts for their attendance, but I want to send t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Syncing my grades between Canvas and Focus is causing duplicates. I create the same assignment in Canvas and Focus, score it in Canvas, press "sync grades to Focus," and then my assignment is graded, but as the screenshot shows there are also severa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignments are not showing up in my Grade book.  Here are all the things I have tried. 1.  Make sure the assignment is published. (Green check mark cloud thingy)2.  Make sure the module is published. (Green check mark cloud thingy)3.  Given a due...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to post modified assignments on canvas to just my special ed students. I don't want my students singled out by clicking a different assignment than everyone else. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an assignment and published it for students with points to encourage them to complete the work. Students have submitted work through the LTI but  I would now like to change it from points to Not Graded but it will not let me save.  What am ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an LTI working. It is written as a java spring app with https. I can successfully access the course information using the request object and call the CANVAS API and return course information. I am trying to include in my launch jsp file jquery...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone,I activated the new quizzes option but it doesn't seem to work. I am currently on a test platform, maybe it affects it somehow?Thank you all!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have created some assignments with no due dates--and prefer to keep them that way--but they do not appear in the gradebook. Is it possible to remedy this? Thanks for your help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies