Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A few times I've accidentally swiped away from a grading or building screen. This should not be so easy to do. It's especially troublesome when I've posted many comments on a grading rubric. Or when I've put an hour into a page that I inadvertently n...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. I'm a teacher who use canvas as a platform in my courses and I would like to know if it is possible to see who has read my announcement? Since I use this to send out important information, it would be great if I could see who or at least how many...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently, a Canvas calendar event that is due 23:59 will show up as all-day in google calendar (as intended by the developers of Canvas), while the event does not show up on iOS (for me). When looking at the default day/week overview, the event is n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everyone, How can i change my full name  display name in UBC online course account. It shows, AV5I3N7LD209.what should, i do

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 2nd grade and don't want my students moving to the next module when they finish one. I can't unpublish the 2nd module either so is there another option to deleting the next button? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, Many of my students live outside my country and they have different time zones. I was wondering whether it is possible for me to check the student's timezone from canvas? From where they are accessing the class lectures should be helpful for m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I've read enough to know that you can not unpublish an assignment once it has submissions. Am I alone in thinking this is crazy? I have a lot of assignments, and I find that having 100 small assignments including a few get-to-know-you assignments fro...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My grade book shows an F for every student as the final grade. What could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a page is already created as a submission, can I change it to a discussion? Or do I have to make a brand new page any time I want to change the type of "page" it is?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way, in SpeedGrader, to mark an assignment missing? It's rather clunky to go back into Gradebook and mark each individual missing assignment as missing. Would be much faster to do it in Speedgrader.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 13 Replies

A student took a screen shot of a new quiz question where the answers to a matching question didn't wrap, instead the answers were truncated. This was a matching question appearing to the right of a stimulus, limiting available space.  Chrome was use...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can students view correct and incorrect quiz answers in speedgrader after they have taken the assessment?  I have set up my quizzes to use respondus and web browser lock down during exams/quizzes, and I restrict results to only show the percentage co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to allow the students to see at least the rationale to the quiz but with the lockdown browser and the camera.  When I click on this button when setting up the lockdown browser it will not allow my students to see the answer rationales.  Howeve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to give a quiz in which each student has a unique question (not a random draw from a pool--one, guaranteed unique question for each student), but I do not want to assign the quiz to individual students only to have a grade book cluttered with ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all, I work in academic assessment, and at our institution, we're rolling out a new project that involves setting up Outcomes that we then pull into Rubrics, which we transfer directly into instructors' course sections. (Doing it this way allows u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've just finished uploading grades for "Exam 1" in my course. However, when navigating over to New Analytics (NA), it shows "no grades entered" and doesn't display any statistics. Is this a bug? Or do I have to do something to ensure this informatio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a School Director and would like to add a class survey for all courses. I have created it in the question bank section but need the easiest way to put it into all active courses. Thanks, Frustrated

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added Scholastic Action Magazine to my Canvas apps because I have a paid subscription. When you are not using a system like Canvas, Scholastic provides you with a class password that students can use to log in, and you can assign students spec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want my students to be able to use calculators on the quizzes I create in New Quizzes. I have turned on the calculator on the settings on the quiz. However, when I preview the quiz as a student, the calculator icon appears but cannot be opened. How...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to know how to change the view for each Assignment Group column from percentages to points, so that the points earned in each group can be seen the same way I have set up the final grade to be seen as points instead of percentages. Pleas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My imovies linked in a google slide embedded into canvas does not work. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In SpeedGrader, nothing happens when I click on the highlighter.  I can select a color, but then I run cursor over text and nothing happens.  I even tried it with my stylus on the laptop's touchscreen, but that will not work either.  What is needed t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hyperlinks on a google slide work in teacher view but not when students view.  It keeps loading but never playing.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students' exams consists of multiple choice questions followed by seven free response questions, for which they do a file upload (one file containing all seven questions). My current strategy is very slow, so I would like to find out if anyone has...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my OneNote app on my phone. I can choose share a copy of page to another app and submit it to a Canvas assignment through the Canvas student app. Is this feature available in OneNote 2016 or OneNote for Windows 10 with the class notebook add in?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Warm greetings!The search "by author" function doesn't seem to be working properly on the discussion board. When I type in a student's name, it generally either shows me only one post they've done, or none at all. Am I doing something wrong? Thank yo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking for help resolving an issue where Canvas is exporting our SIS Synergy and is duplicating the assignments for each student. Things I've done: Cleaned up my assignments sectionDouble checked that my group names in Canvas are identical to Sy...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attached in an Algebra class that I co-teach.  I have access to assignments, modules, etc.  When I attempt to email parents ('observers'), the only options I have are Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Students, Course Sections.   HELP!!!  Where are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i took a test by submitting a text entry and i wrote all the questions out and clicked submit but then the assignment it was linked to closed at the same time.  is there any way to recover my answers? i don't think /delete can work because i never re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a student Just today I took a multiple chive quiz in canvas and one question just flat out wasn’t there! It looked something like this (dramatic portrayal of course):1 What’s X plus Ya 10b 6c 683d STQ2 a    b  c  d     3 which one doesn’t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies