Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it not possible for an instructor to set a "default email address" for separate courses? I have a course that involves students from other Universities as well as the university I teach, and I would love for the default email address for that cour...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can find and change the logo in the "Login Page" but the registration page still shows the Canvas logo. I have a self-hosted canvas instance on AWS

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach a creative writing class and need to have the ability for students to submit a doc or pdf (not a collaborative doc) into Canvas and have it available for each student to see and critique on their own device, at home.  Since we're not in the c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are we to interpret Cronbach's Alpha if the quizzes select items at random from an item bank?Does the reliability coefficient refer to parallel forms?In addition, should we be using the typical rule-of-thumb for reliability coefficient interpreta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I embed a video from my cloud into a page, it automatically opens in full screen. I want it to remain a small window on the page, with the option for a student to full screen it. How do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make an assignment invisible for a few students in a class? I have IEP students and I want to give my non IEP students an assignment but block it for my IEP kids so they wont see it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When composing a page of text, bullet lists look neater when all the text, including items longer than one line, exhibit the same indentation.For example:short itema really really really long item that wraps around to form an additional line of text ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Why does Canvas not automatically save your work in text entry or when working on your modules? Many students and teachers have lost countless hours of work because of this issue. No one should have to save a Google Doc or upload a file, if text entr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since school is online currently, everything I teach/assign is now on Canvas. What can I use to ensure my students are cheating? Please list some websites/add-ons/anything that I can use. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class where I set up two sections: one group gets the regular assignment, one group gets a modified assignment. When I go to post grades to PowerSchool, Canvas strips the due dates from the assignments going to different sections. I double-c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Problem: Students can still edit a submitted Google doc assignment after its "deadline" has ended without being marked late. Also students can reply to instructor's reviewing and commenting directly on the doc (before the doc and grade are released)....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do some assignments appear blank when viewed by a student but not in the student view?  I can see the information in the assignment when I click "student view".  But when a student clicks the assignment the instructions are missing?  Here is an i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to include two short assessment instruments in my 2nd 8-week courses that begin in October. They should be offered as an anonymous assessment instrument. I need to administer these in at the start of term and again at the end of term, and need...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I changed the storage to S3 and now I get an error when changing the theme's login logo. The only problem is the image: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/theme-change-problem/m-p/55005andhttps://github.com/instructure/canvas-lms/issue...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason, canvas doesn't show the submission comments. Even when I post a comment and submit, it does not show in the bar on the right, next to the submission. However, when I click 'download submission comments', I do get a pdf with all comme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Basically what the title says. I know that Canvas takes note of when your quiz history for multiple choice (if a student changed an answer) but I was wondering if it also can view past contents on an essay question.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have University-level outcomes, and I have admin access to implement one of these outcomes across all programs.  The outcome seems to work and I have started getting data, however it’s unclear what would happen to our outcome data if faculty delet...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students are unable to see the comments made by the assessor in a quiz. When I go into speed grader and check I can see the comment. However there is a red asterix next to the date in the comment box but it appears that the comment has been submitted...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students completed an activity with Google Docs that I added to Canvas with the External Tool - Google Assignment LTI.  I reviewed the student work and added comments to their Google Doc.  When they go back to the assignment in Canvas they can't s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My daughter has submitted assignments and quizzes multiple times this week but they did not go through.  However, Canvas says they were submitted.  She uses a Mac Book Air and she uses Chrome as her internet browser.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, so I started classes about 4-5 weeks ago. MyLab Pearson works for my biology course, but not for my math course. I have contacted my professor about this and there is nothing she can do on her part. I've tried solving the issue with Pearson Suppo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not the only person who has been having trouble with Storyline in Canvas within the last month or so. See here: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/canvas-storyline-a49da5c9-0df6-4185-9aaa-7de66dfd255d https://commu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

To Whom It May Concern:I would like the final grade to display a number (based on my rubric 1-4) instead of a percentage. A student who earns 3.5 out of 4 on the rubric may believe that their 88% is not exceeding the expectation because of they may b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

n/a

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm getting this error when I try to sync my grades.  I've used Canvas for a number of years and have never had a problem like this one: I get to Stage: 8/9 - Post Submissions, and then it says "Status Failed"When I click on Failed, I see - Errorresp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

SpoilerHi All!We're just getting started with Canvas and recently started transitioning SCORM files from our previous LMS (Pathlore) into Canvas and have come across a question. I'm hoping that there are some folks out there that have more than avera...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What I mean by button is, like dashboard, courses, calendar, and all that, it would be really useful, Please and Thank You!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I share( post) students  one page reading summaries? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When giving feedback to students, I’ve been using the “highlight” feature that lets me make comments on specific parts of their submissions, basically as in Google Docs. However… the view the students get is really weird: the highlights complete obsc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am co-teaching a class with another instructor.  I am responsible for creating the course content on canvas, but he is responsible for grading his students' submissions.  There are four sections cross-linked into my course: 3 of which are mine and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies