Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, Is there any way to give an extension for a quiz but with less than full credit for it? Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students took a Canvas quiz with a 50 minute time limit. It had multiple choice and short answer (essay type questions). One student says he answered some questions that show up unanswered on his submitted quiz. Some are multiple choice, some are ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,Has anyone else noticed that once in a while when they log-in, that their entire Canvas shell (everything) will be a light blue? Much like the blue that was featured in the most recent Screencast Update release?I noticed it over the weeke...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

My students are submitting their assignments, but I cannot see their submission. OR their assignment submission come in hours later and I can't see their work. Has anyone had this problem before?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a question regarding the timer built into Canvas for Quizzes. Although this feature is very handy, it is only handy if students can see the timer as they progress and scroll down the page.  The timer shows up on the right hand side when they s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my published course that has been going on for a few weeks, I want to add a new module and when I go to publish this it say, "You have changed the progression requirements for an active course. There may be students who have already progressed to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I tried to upload my SCORM package it said "error in importing."  I was unable to upload the content.  Does anyone know what this means and how it is resolved?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,So we are having issues in that when Teacher A views her course gradebook history, she not only sees grades for assignments from her course, but also assignments and grades for students who are in her course and other courses. Teachers are not...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-25-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've had Canvas for about a month now, parents are starting to get connected as observers.  When they go searching for our district in the Canvas parent app, they don't find out district and are forced to type in our instance address.  Any idea why ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When an assignment is duplicated within the same course, are the two tied together?  If I modify the second one, with the first one also be modified?Likewise, when an item is copied from one course to another one, are the two tied together so that mo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I see what role another user has been assigned?

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello!I have created groups, and students are posting discussions on their groups page.  They also need to post to a full group (the entire class) discussion board.  Can this be done?ThanksNancy Webb

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instead of students going to every class to find their missing assignments, is there somewhere they can go to find all of their missing assignments? Sorry I'm really new.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are experiencing very slow SIS grade synchronization (passback) from what we've seen in years past. My district uses Skyward, and in years past we would initiate a passback and it would be completed within a minute. Now we are seeing grade passbac...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to assign a quiz that is hosted by an external tool and connected to Canvas through Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI). However, the placement for the assignment tool is failing to direct me to the external tool's deep linking page. I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Once I get into speed Grader, I'm get a blank screen.  Was working well a few days ago and I can not access on laptop. Please help 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a community college professor from pasadena City College. I am on a visiting accreditation team for another community college in California. My task is to evaluate a sampling of their previous semester's classes (in Canvas) and asses whether reg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a community college professor from pasadena City College. I am on a visiting accreditation team for another community college in California. My task is to evaluate a sampling of their previous semester's classes (in Canvas) and asses whether reg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to sync grades to Skyward from Canvas while having my students split into sections?  I am trying to figure out the equivalent of what I have to do on Skyward to make it recognize the section.  I receive this error when I tried to do it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When assignments sync from Canvas to PowerSchool, every assignment setup is automatically given 100 extra points. Is there any way that we can change this or stop this from happening?Thank you for all your help,  We are new this year.Sandy Ankenman

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Currently we have disabled the ability for students to create a course, but have left it on for teachers. However, we have a staff member who is currently listed as being a student, so she cannot create a course.How do I edit her role at the account ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im able to log into canvas with no problems at all but whenever i try to click on some assignments or discussion topics all I'm met with is just either a blank screen or a text box that just reads This course content is offered under a Public Domain ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to set a default grade for a quiz, but the default grade is not showing up in the gradebook.  It shows up in speedgrader, but not the gradebook.  When I masquerade as a student it shows "instructor is still working on grades".  I thought maybe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have noticed in our University that when a Teacher has a Student that is also a TA for that course, New Quizzes doesn't allow the TA to look at other students' submission through the SpeedGrader, it shows an eternal "Loading" icon. Looks like New ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I administered a quiz yesterday that opened at the start of the day, and closed at the end.  CANVAS recorded all quiz submissions and graded the quizzes.  Then this morning a had a new student who enrolled in the class and asked if she could take the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, I am a grader for a class and the instructor recently asked me to edit the current assignments to only be due to certain people. I don't see the option to edit or create assignments and I am guessing this is because I am just a grader. Is t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using the BBB upload presentation which allows me to write on guided notes I am presenting to my class.  My question is, when I have finished using that presentation how can I bring back the white board feature to use to work out practice...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please incorporate a feature to indicate which discussion board responses come from instructors. We have a multi-instructor course, and I want students to be able to know which questions have been answered by an instructor versus a student. Thank you...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been working in a "template" or "blueprint" course before I import all pages and assignments into my real course. While working in the template course, I created an assignment page and then used the "External Tool" to create an Office 365 clou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There doesn't seem to be an option to do this. It's a course I've imported into Canvas? In other words, there is no option to "delete" or "replace" the image?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies