Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am creating a quiz with multiple answers using CLASSIC QUIZ. No choice for exact match can be selected, hence when a student answers partial correct responses, they are awarded partial scores. I'm looking for any possibility that an "exact match" o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, Canvas discussions are a train wreck.  There's no message list view. There no inbox.There's no usable threading. I mean, there "sort of" is, in that you can reply to discussions in a threaded way, but you can't collapse or expand those threads.Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Good evening!An instructor set up an assignment with unlimited attempts.  A student submitted multiple times to the assignment.  The instructor graded the first attempt (using DocViewer).  The student can view her score, but not the DocViewer feedbac...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I submitted an Assignment and forgot to upload my annotative bibliography with it. The professor asked me to resubmit the assignment. I uploaded the AB and clicked resubmit. The professor has just informed me that My AB is there but the body of work ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my Front Page there is a letter A with a down arrow to the right of it next to the class section number. It has to do with "Alternative Formatting" I cannot delete this character and was wondering if students can see and click on it as well. How c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello. I've looked through all the guides, but can't figure out the best way to set this up. I know you can set Assignments as Anonymous grading and Moderated grading, but I need to secure the material with an Access Code, so I need to use a Quiz. Wh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Thanks to COVID I’m having to split my class into two seated groups, one for Wednesday, the other Friday.  I’ve divided them into official groups in canvas.  But for some assignments, I only want to assign access and due dates per group without it be...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas didn't allow me to pair to observe my children's accounts on my gmail account, but did allow it on my yahoo account. I prefer using my gmail. How can I find out how my gmail is "already in use"? Can an account be looked up under that email?Tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have teachers that want to print a grade report that only shows the aggregate grades of their student roster. (Not one student at a time but a printout of the grade report of the final grades from all students.) Is this possible? Thank you.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The Canvas documentation says that for graded surveys students "must complete" the quiz to receive credit. But it seems that students can in fact get full credit if they only answer 1 question and then submit. What is the purpose of this? Is it a bug...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My coworkers and I created a shell course for Pre-Calculus so we could add content then drop it into our individual classes. Our quizzes have images added. When we transfer from the shell to our course the images all show up. When a student goes to o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My Professor gave me a password that I cannot get to work.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add "grading notes" to an essay question in a quiz. I looked up and found on here how to do that. However, I do not have the drop down options like is shown in screenshots. Why can't I see how to add grading notes? Any idea or help is ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I add a teacher to another teacher's workroom? Or do I just need to add the teacher as a sponge to a classroom. The want to share content. I've searched for awhile and just can't find the answer. Thank you!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am getting an error message when I sync grades through Canvas today.  Is this being fixed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 teachers in my building with the same general issue students are getting the rocket ship icon that says "Sorry, something broke"-all are media submissions-all are late-when the student clicks on the assignment it briefly flashes the assignme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I remove an assignment uploaded incorrectly by a student?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When trying to take a survey quiz, the application gives a "Page Error" when a question is submitted. The information looks unsaved at first. However, when the page is refreshed, it routes to the survey overview page and it displays that the survey w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I’ve clicked on a course in dashboard and I get to its main page I have a list of menu options to the left. I’ve dug up some tutorials that show “assignments” and “discussions” listed in that menu but I don’t have mine showing there. I have to f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I regrade a quiz after I have changed an answer in the question bank for that quiz? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate a calendar event for weekdays only?  I have been duplicating but then have to go back and delete Saturday and Sunday!  Sorry, I'm new to Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created peer review groups and I'd like Canvas to assign peer reviews within each group--so group members will be reading one another's drafts. How do I do this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to compile the submissions for a short essay assignment to provide to the management team. I can download the submissions, but they download into a zip file and each submission is an individual .html file. Other than copying and pasting each i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I click on "sync to SIS" in my gradebook, a window pops up asking which grades to sync.  After I make sure everything I want to sync is checked, I hit sync.  Then a window pops up that says, "Click here to View Progress".  When I do, I am taken ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I must be missing something...  What's the point of "Everyone else" as an option when assigning a quiz or assignment?  It only pops up if I have typed in individual student names or clicked on individual classes.  So it would say, "George Clo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are in the middle of setting up Canvas ALLY for Stanislaus State, and part of the support we want to set up is a team lead by a supervisor (myself) and a group of student assistants to support remediating content for accessibility. In the "Ally Re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would i enter the quiz questions from an older paper quiz into canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I reviewed a bunch of work my students did via the Office 365 "External Apps" function. I made comments that I wanted them to read to improve their work. But my students tell me that when the view their work via the Modules page, they do not see my c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

SpoilerIs there a way to block students from viewing the feedback on assignments until after the due date? This way, I can grade assignments as they come in, but I want to stop the early-birds from sharing my feedback on their assignments with studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  I want to use variables in the stimulus. Is this possible? More detail: I have over 100 students and want to give each student a balance sheet with unique values to them. I will then use formula questions to ask about their balance sheet. Is thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies