Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Created two Hypothes.is annotation exercises for tomorrow's class session and neither of them works -- message is  via.Hypothes.is refused to connect Anyone else having problems today? Jeff

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a student submit their quiz instead of pausing it before they were finished. Is there a way to reassign the quiz to them with their answers included and avoid having them retake the entire quiz? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just a suggestion. Why not put the grades in the grade book when the student complete the assignment regardless if there is a due date or not. I only ask because I now have to post about 100 due dates   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am having a hard time finding the correct place to be alot.I know I am already falling behi

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have several students reporting that they get a timeout error when attempting to submit assignments after clicking the "submit" button.  Suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to know how to disable notifications when my teacher creates a new module. I am a student.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two sections in one course. I would like to allow one section to start the course, but the other section to start at another date and not have any access to the course at all, but stilled enrolled in the course. Is there a way to allow this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some of my students grades in canvas has to be manually and some chapters the score is automatically visibly how do I fix this problem

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set up a meeting in the Calendar for just one student, or a small group of students in my course. I am trying to add all of their 1:1 and small group times and am only seeing the ability to have them sign up.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created modules for each week. I have created buttons for days of the week that links to the first assignment for that day. UP til now, everything that i have linked to has provided a next button at the bottom of the page to go to the next pag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I add Google docs as a tab in Navigator? Google docs is a registered service (I completed that process) but I have no idea how to access it via Canvas-- I dont see it anywhere. I saved our last zoom class to my computer and n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

You answered a question like mine with this link: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-18147-canvas-release-notes-2020-01-18   At the link, your website says about an update from January of this year:  "Additionally, for assignments with a manual...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to transfer students' submission from my Sandbox that I concluded because my actual course was finally created after three weeks into the semester. I was able to export the grades and didn't know about the exporting of submissions, so now...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm asking this question as a parent of an elementary school student who has to use Canvas.  Our school district has provided very little training to teachers and none at all to parents.Please keep in mind that I have a 5 and 8 year old who are being...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to transfer students' submission from my Sandbox that I concluded because my actual course was finally created after three weeks into the semester. I was able to export the grades and didn't know about the exporting of submissions, so now...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas account was originally created in 2017 when my son's language arts teacher sent me a link to join his class.  The role listed was student, but I did not notice that at the time.  Now, I am trying to observe my high schooler and it will not ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Sounds crazy, I know, but bear with me.  We have a group of faculty who use Roll Call for a daily attendance grade, but who are also tracking a daily dress code grade... on paper. The attendance tool along with the use of badges could prove to be han...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a unique situation were our Chemistry department is trying to coordinate make-up labs for multiple sections in the Scheduler (Appointment Groups) feature of the calendar. We have everything setup so that 8 students across any of those section...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm curious to know what tools might be available to school administrators and teachers to help them gauge the course / work loads for students?  As we have so many new users groups to Canvas as a virtual platform for Middle and High School, and the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The following idea was posted FOUR YEARS AGO and there seems to still be no movement on it. Hiding and Viewing Modules for Individual Sections Is there ANY plan to make this a feature? Now that so many k-12 districts are using canvas, and the fact th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All of my other imported assignments are working fine, even for different periods of the same course. When I toggle my mouse over the assignment name, no drop down menu appears, so I cannot choose the EDIT ASSIGNMENT button. I want to edit the assign...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I registered to canvas and can't pair as an observer with my son because I think I registered as a student. how can I fix this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Within the last couple days, I am not longer able to grade my Google Slide submission on my phone through Speed Grader.  Everything else Google related works, Google Sheets, Google Doc, etc.  Help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Every time I change my profile picture in blend, it uploads but i'm left with a transparent profile picture. Somehow, the gravatar pfp works instead.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm editing the syllabus of an existing class that someone else has set up. The column widths of the table are off. The 4th column with links should be big and the 1st & 2nd column with dates and names should be small, but the opposite is true. I'm v...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I place a link to our school's online catalog (and our eBooks) on my dashboard and share it with all of my students at once?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,   I am an instructor trying to create a homepage which has multiple links to other pages. I want this to be visual however with images. However I have a slight problem in that the only way I can get the images to all be at the same level is us...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey, I am an instructor and I have several questions regarding the quizzes on Canvas: 1- Is it possible to shuffle questions randomly? 2- Is there any option to create a Canvas warning before the exam ends? stating for example "Do not forget your Scr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all, I'm new to Canvas and I'm looking for a way to mass-enter (or even just quickly enter) the "missing" label.  I see that you can type "ex" in the grade box for excused but you can do "m" or something for missing?  I feel like that can't be. Th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi all, I assigned a Quiz on Monday that one student did not take. I tried to edit the quiz to allow him to take it by assigning it only to him and by doing so I deleted everyone else's grades. How can I restore the rest of the class grades? I tried ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies