Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My question is about missing assignments.  If a student has submitted an assignment outside of Canvas (through an email, on paper, etc) how can I mark it as complete so that it doesn't appear to be missing when the student views it?  Is there a manua...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are submitting the assignment, but it does not show them as submitted on the assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last May or June, I set up an ongoing online training in Canvas for small groups of volunteers needing to do an orientation before volunteering at my non-profit.  I have one volunteer that does not have a Canvas account and it wants him to have a cou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After you have create an assignment / quiz and have graded it - but basically want to delete it from the Grades pages...how to do completely delete the whole assignment from the Grades page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I create and publish a quiz in Canvas - I want to make a paper copy of it for my records as well as for some children to use.  How do I print it in a "true printable" format?  Going to PREVIEW and then selecting Control+P does not work.  Copy an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I need some help. One of the assignment groups consists on quizzes submitted by the students via email at the beginning of class. It is easier if we do it via email instead of Canvas because some students have told us they occasionally experie...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Community, We're working on rolling out the GoogleAssignments LTI with our staff.  The one feature we are looking for is the ability to monitor student work (e.g. writing) in GoogleDocs in real time. I have two noticings: 1. The teacher is not abl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attempting to grade assignments in speedgrader.  The workflow I want to use is as follows:1. With the student's submission made, click on the digital ink icon (which looks like an ink pen).2. Using the stylus on my tablet PC, mark up the submiss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone used TCI curriculum with Canvas?  Looking for ideas on how to integrate it and import quizzes. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone know if you can grade Google slides in the speed grader in the app?  I could have sworn I did a couple weeks ago but seem to know.  Same with Kami assignments aren't showing up.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a multiple fill in the blank table as a quiz. When I am editing the question, the table looks beautiful. When I go in as a student to take the quiz, the quiz window narrows, and the table widens. Students are forced to scroll across to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using New Quizzes and have used the File Upload question type. Is it possible for me to download all of the submissions for the whole class at once? Right now the only way I can access the files is to manually download each file for every studen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have applied the Mark as Done button to assignments for my class that require that they do work on an external website.  I want them to go to the website, complete the assignment, then return to Canvas to click the Mark as Done.  How do I know if t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an interesting scenario where only certain "groups" of assignments are being passed from Canvas to Aeries.  I have two periods tied to one gradebook, and certain groups push to one period, one group only pushes to another period in Aeries. Any...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Estamos usando la plataforma INSTRUCTURE FREE FOR TEACHER, pero queremos migrar todas las cuentas de FREE FOR TEACHER A CANVAS K-12, pues algunos módulos que están creados en la plataforma no se hacen visibles, y queremos usar una sola plataforma. Gr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have assignment groups that have 0% weight towards a final grade. The grades from these groups are brought manually into other assignment groups that are weighted. This is a work-around for not having a nested assignment group feature.Within the st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to sort by sections when you are looking at the People page in Canvas?  I look at the students' activity for attendance purposes and it would be so much easier if I could separate them by individual periods (ie. period 1, 2, etc).Thank...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm the Academic Director at my school and I'm trying to find an easy way to pull progress reports for student progress for all students enrolled so that we can determine "attendance" for the week. Besides asking my staff to record who has submitted/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm working in Canvas. I want to give a pre-test that is 20 questions.  The pre-test is worth 20 participation points for completing the assignment, no matter the score.  I want the student's grade to be participation points, but I want them to recei...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Only one of my three classes gives the message "Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canvas Admin"I was told to ask here for help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I have a student who completed a couple of quizzes on time, and today, as preparation for the test, he  re-took them (which he could do because he had unused attempts). I would have expected that, first, all penalties would be applied as appropri...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher using our courses is in a district that won't allow students to receive emails from outside their domain.   The students had to sign up with a code, and several of them immediately forgot the password they created. HOW can we reset a passwo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, I am a Teaching Assistant for a course and, in instructor view, see this when clicking on the zoom section.I tried to permanently change my email to my work email though canvas kept changing my default back to my personal email. Any tips?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

"As I was grading and sending feedback to my students in Canvas I noticed that this system will kick me out of the assignment I am grading every time I try to use the ñ with Alt 164." What options do we have within Canvas (as opposed to having to ope...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Set up a new quiz as complete/incomplete, in Grades students who have taken the quiz shows a checkmark, in Speedgrader drop down list of students shows as graded (w/checkmark next to their name) but the teacher hasn't reviewed responses. Is this expe...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a large quiz that another professor created.  I have moved the quiz into my Canvas course, but would now like to make it a question bank (ultimately, I want to add and delete some questions, then deploy it as a quiz).  Is there an easy way to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set up my grade book so that all missing assignments would receive 50%. It worked on some assignments, but on others it doesn't even mark it as missing when it's past the due date. I double checked that I assigned due dates and that the automatic m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My son cannot access to zoom class and the reason according to the instructor is that his name has changed. To update the name we are being asked to login, unfortunately we cannot login because the instructor does not recognize the name. Any help out...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I am a student and I had a small problem with canvas. whenever my teacher shares a screen, I am the only who is unbale to see it but my classmates can. How do I fix this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,  I'm interested in looking into automated essay grading tools that integrates with Canvas quizzes. This would help faculty grade essay questions in exams more quickly and catch any plagiarism/mistakes. Does anyone have any recommendations or ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies