Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

my Professor referenced in our assignment the required resource folder.  where do I find this folder?  Also, in the chapter it says to watch an animation video in the online resources but I don't know where to find the online resources location for t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are quiz questions that you answer but leave as flagged graded as unfinished or are you given credit for the answer you chose?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am looking over student surveys I have to click moderate survey then I click into a student survey but to move to the next student I have to click back to survey then moderate survey to get to the next student. Please could we just add a next ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students have the option on their dashboard to show list view or card view. My colleges and I think list view is VERY confusing. The students are putting their desktop in list view, but then getting overwhelmed by the to-do in so many classes. We are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I accidentally published the Canvas site for my upcoming class. How do I unpublish?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My institution uses both Google and Canvas. I can import my course info into my google calendar but the canvas side is dependent on what the professor puts out there. My google calendar is where I put work hours, assignments, readings, dept meetings,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to put a joke of the day on my Canvas page.  Is there a way to reveal the answer when clicking or hovering on a graphic?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to create a Fill in the Blank question with three text entry boxes. No matter what I do, at least one of the three will be messed up.Whether I used the [Create Blank Space] button or just hit enter, the text I've highlighted may or may not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Every single zoom recording that I have made is being sent to students through canvas inbox. This is very problematic because students have stayed to talk to me privately and that information is now accessible to every student in their class in the r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way that teachers can be notified when a student writes a comment on an assignment? Is there a setting that I can enable as an admin for the school, or is there a setting the individual teacher needs to set in his or her course?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to copy something from one course and paste it into the same course but higher up the page.  Everytime I do this I have reformat what I copy and paste.  Is there a solution to this problem?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In a couple of months, my students will be reading Jane Eyre.  Is it possible to upload the book (it is in the public domain) to Canvas, and is there some kind of ebook reader on Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Greetings.  In Classic Gradebook, is it possible to display numerals greater than 999 without commas?  I am looking to make numbers appear as 1234, but when I enter this the gradebook displays it as 1,234.  I did scour the Guides in search of an answ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Attach button does not return after removing a pre-attached item from a discussion post. Tested in Safari 13.1.2. Video attached.    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

--If I do a SIS sync for a Canvas assignment into Skyward, and I don't want any more syncing for that assignment, and uncheck "SIS SYNC" for the assignment in Canvas, will it leave the assignment as-is in Skyward, or will it delete the assignment fro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I assigned an EdPuzzle through Canvas (integrated app), then did an SIS sync to Skyward. The assignmetn was worth 10 points.After students did it, I realized one of my EdPuzzle questions wasn't fair.  EdPuzzle won't allow me to remove the question af...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Newbie  here, but I have been through each of the options on the menu.  I want to make a text-based tutorial for the students to use.  There will be a short lesson (maybe one paragraph, a few sentences, a video, a photo, etc and then a question with ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to view all of the assignments that I have to do in one place, similar to Google Classroom's To-Do page? I know that I can access each individual course's Assignments page, but I'd like to see all of my course's assignments together on...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The teacher is asking the student to "Record yourself reading your responses and submit the screenshot of your response." I can't find any help on recording.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has Canvas LMS come up with an option for me, as an Instructor, while creating a new assignment and providing unlimited attempts for students' submissions in such a way that students can have access to (at least for their own viewing) their previous ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My external tools submision type is gone from one of my courses.  Does anyone know why this would be?  How to fix it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've got my class setup in a bit of a funky way this semester, largely because of COVID. The class has been split into 2 separate groups, where one group is delayed from the other by 1 class period (helps with social distancing in-class). This also m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The class has Eastern time zone, the students have Eastern time zone. However, the due time for the assignment is set for 11:59pm on the instructor side, but shows up as 1:59am the next day on the student side. So, there's a two hour difference for t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all.  I teach 1st grade and am trying to make this work with these babies.  I would like to have some lefthand navigation links such as archived zooms, daily schedule, links, etc.  I would like these to be able to be clicked on and keep the kids w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an instructor who uses Canvas rubrics with multiple categories to grade assignments. I'd like to tell students with certainty, and as a class, the categories for which I most commonly deducted points. So, for instance, rather than saying "the cla...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using Canvas Free For Teacher.I have an ongoing competition where students occasionally win points in class and at the end of the semester, the student with the most points gets a prize. Is there a tool in canvas to track this that all the stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a google slide show with links, after embedding on Canvas all the links work perfectly on my computer student view. Slide show works but when my students try to click on the links on their iPads nothing happens.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to select/ delete all of the conversations in my archived / sent / inbox at one time, rather than needing to "click" every message and then delete? In other-words, emails and such have an option to click the first message, hold shift, ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I administered a quiz a couple of days ago in person. All students were present and took the quiz. After the quiz was complete I reviewed the grades. One of the students grades was not showing up. I asked her about it and she said she took the quiz a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our students have access to Office365 via campus and have set up their accounts. I have set up groups in Canvas for the students to collaborate. We had a fiasco on Monday when students went into their groups, clicked on collaboration, selected for Of...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies