Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I get the mathquill equation to enter in the text for a quiz or an assignment to be entered into the field via LayTex?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was testing this feature with a preview it seemed that to make a new attempt I had to preview again, which resulted in the problem having a different randomly chosen variable in it.  How can I make it so the student gets another chance with the sam...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,As a parent, can I send a message from my parent canvas app to my child on their student canvas app? I know I can email their teacher but can I send a message to them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for an SMS software that I can integrate into Canvas. Does anyone know of a good one that I can use.   Thank you  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I needed some tips on managing large classes using question banks, groups, randomizing or not..etc.  What is best? why? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can they see if i reported their DP? Its gone now from their profile i cant see anything. Im worried they might fail me!m for accidentally reporting their pic!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a middle school teacher. I have an issue with my module navigation buttons (previous and next) at the bottom of assignments. If I place an assignment in the middle of a module, after my students complete it and submit it, the buttons disappear. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does a teachers setup canvas for substitutes?  For example, sub plans, teaching activities, materials, etc. How does the substitute teacher get access to the lesson plans, materials from the teacher?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a report that runs every four hours to update our Canvas account but for whatever reason today when it was processing the batch files it became stuck and now reads "2 batches waiting to be processed." Has anyone seen this and if so were they ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a college student who is paid by the university to assist my class.  He cannot get access to Canvas as an observer because there is some magical button clicked that doesn't allow someone who isn't in our district to get an account.  How do adm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am assisting an instructor experiencing the following issue with the Roll Call Attendnace LTI in Canvas:The Roll Call Attendance Assignment grades are not syncing6 class sessions have been marked so far and no grades are populatingThe setting...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just had one of our teachers come to me because the comments she had made in Speedgrader showed up in Skyward after she synced the grades. This has never been the case before, and is not necessarily something we want to happen as many of our teache...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I'm seeing a lot of similar questions are marked as solved, when nothing is solved here!I am having to manually make grade adjustments rather than letting the system run because of unintentional submissions/issues. I allow two attempts on my assignme...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Supposedly, FlipGris is "integrated" with Canvas. I AM able to post FlipGrid assignments, but they are not showing up "embedded" in a Canvas Page (have to use the "open in another window" option to get it to work. AND it is not integrating with the S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have manually released the grades for my first few assignments three times now, and when I go back in, they're hidden again.  I know that the students can see them briefly, as I've received some comments back, but then someone else emails to tell m...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

New student has problem with sign Access Denied You don't have access to view this resource.What should I do ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

So you cannot assign modules to student groups. To explain:Course C has 8 modules, M1 through to M8. Students need 6 modules to complete the course and these are chosen for the students.Class A and B are both on Course C.Class A has modules M1, M2, M...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have requisites set for each module.  Students need to view each page of the module before it is complete.  I have a few students who are saying, even though they've gone through this week's module, it is not saying completed, viewed, nor is there ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several ELL students, two of which speak no English at all.  They are very bright students and they want to succeed in my course.  I am trying to find out how (if possible) to have Canvas translate my course work into Spanish from English.   T...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create an image where I can overlay other images on top/in front so I can link those specific images to external links rather than only being able to link the single image to a single external link. I can't figure out a way to do it; I trie...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two ThingsI'm having students submit pdf copies of my drawing assignments, (no problem).  I am able to download if necessary to view, etc. (no problem).  Since going virtual last semester, I have been able to use the markup tools on the screen to; hi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an assignment and differentiated it using the groups feature. One student did the assignment in her assigned group and submitted it, however it shows that submission for ALL members in the group, when they didn't do it yet. I am worried tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to draft a message to students and have it send at a later time. Is that something I can do via inbox? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

If I have an old module in an unpublished course can I delete the module from my published course?  I hate having to see all of the modules that have been created and I am only in the 4th week of school. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a parent that can't remember her username for Canvas. What should she do to get it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any quick way to delete all students that I have added in a group set?I used to look for the names of each student in a group set and delete them one by one, which takes a long time.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have videos embedded on Canvas from Microsoft Stream.  I can't get the Stream videos to work on iPhones regardless of what settings I change.Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a solution?Many thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello experts,I am an IT developer planning to build some analytics out of canvas data and blend it with other reports from Peoplesoft Campus solution. I need a dev/test version of the canvas application with sample data from where i can extract enro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi community, This question may have been asked already. I am trying to un-enroll students in bulk from a section using a CSV file. Can someone help me with the content of the enrolment.csv or share with me what file I should be using? Thank you!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings,Has anyone set up the Microsoft Teams Meetings App for Learning Management Systems (LMS) on a self-hosted canvas environment? I am having the hardest time tracking down documentation on it. Chrisitan C

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies