Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

If divorced parents are both observers can they see each others messages to teachers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assigned my students some reading and practice from CK12. I have it integrated into Canvas and the submission is from an "external tool". One student does not see a button for turning the assignment in. He completed the practice (sent me a scr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,  We use Canvas in conjuction with ADFS (3.0) for SSO. When logging out of Canvas, we get an error message:  SAML2::InvalidSignature Please advise how to solve this problem.  Thanx in advance!   Mathieu  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have several mp4 videos in m Echo360 space. How do I move them to a Canvas module folder? Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am required to have a 1 on 1 weekly Wellness Check with about 20 students.  The Wellness Check is done via Google Meet - and I want to have a scheduled call appear on the individual student's Canvas calendar (similar to an assignment). My goal is t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the Canvas API. My workflow has an option that first deletes all files in my course on Canvas, and then reuploads everything (i.e. a "wipe clean and start" option). The problem is that when I upload a file, it goes to an "Unfiled" folder. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If our district uses a different grade book, we have to manually update grades for all late submissions. Canvas currently does not have the option to notify us if a quiz is submitted late. Please add this feature!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set up my classes to sync to PTP however only one of the classes did.  I've looked all through help questions and can't seem to find the answer.  Any help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created separate units in my course/module for each topic however I have found that the units run on to each other rather than as stand alone units.How do I separate them please

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

dearI ll need access code to submit the exam could u help me how can I receive submit code? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I have access code as submit would u help me? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to listen to mp3s that students submit for a music composition project and can't seem to listen to the mp3s without downloading them in SpeedGrader. While I know they are all works of art I wouldn't mind saving some space on my computer. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have not received the email from Canvas to join the course. The course is Published and Canvas says the email has been sent, but students have not received it. I am the instructor. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student is new to the school after the beginning of the year, and the teacher has set prerequsities on all of the modules, is there a way to override the prerequisites for that student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi folks, I'm super new to Canvas and so are my students.  I'm looking for video tutorials for students to simply log in for the first time.  Specifically I'm looking for bilingual English/Spanish resources and tutorials that demonstrate Chromebook a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to edit the way my Kindergarten students submit their work for an assessment.  Instead of uploading a photo, I want them to submit a video.  I've edited the directions on the quiz, but I don't see anywhere to specify whether they upload a vide...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The term for the courses are coming from PowerSchool. We have year-long terms. We need to setup the term to quarters for grades 7-8 and semester for grades 9-12. When we do this, we get overlapping dates. We do not see anyway to create a set of gradi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What a supportive community!  I'm a new Canvas user, but a previous user of other LMSs, and I'm not sure how to do something I think should be simple: allow students to upload files without it appearing as a graded assignment in the gradebook. Here's...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I link more than 1 module to a button on my homepage?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I have a canvas course for students in grades K-5. I have create a section for each grade level. I was wondering if there was a way to limit pages to certain sections? i.e. I made a 5th grade page and only want students in the section "5th gra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Please, I would like to know if the Certificate of Conclusion feature is available on the Self Hosted installations of Canvas. Thanks, Marcelo Silva.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add a "Was this page useful" assessment to each Page in a module. Is this possible? Or does assessment have to be standalone? Thanks!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find my badge of completion?  I completed the courses.  is it the badge that appears when I sign in

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I think I'm pushing the boundaries of what the "peer review" function on Discussions can do.I have assigned students to post to two students in class as peer review.  I then instructed each student to respond to their peer reviewers.  I'm uncertain w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a new sign on for this school year? I can't get my daughter into canvas to do her work

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There needs to be a way that a teacher can upload a PDF under assignments that then allows the students to edit on top of said PDF.  Kind of like filling out a form.  It needs to be easier for the little ones to do instead of downloading and uploadin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have integrated FlipGrid into my Canvas class, but I can't see all the FlipGrid icons for usage when I'm recording. I've tried maximizing my screen and I just can't see all the tools to finish my own recording. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a grade level course, but individual teacher homerooms within the course. How can I set my notifications (or can I) to receive only my homeroom's notifications and submissions? I am seeing all 88 students submissions and notifications! Please...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On my computer, I am unable to open my work and syllabuses. But when I login to canvas on my phone, it works perfectly fine. Do you think that my laptop may be the problem?I'm hoping this can be fixed because I prefer to work on laptop. It is easier ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have been creating my lectures on Adobe captivate and using the HTML 5 files. I load these to canvas and create a link for students to open in a  new tab to watch lectures. Since 8/31/20 my videos no longer loads. It gets stuck in a spinning ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies