Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

After searching I couldn't find the Canvas guide or rules relating to simultaneous assignment editing. Our college has many quality assurance workers who go through our courses for various reasons, making edits as they see fit. If two people are edit...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to help out a fellow instructor who has broken links in her course after copying a module from one section to the other.  Nothing works, not even links to material stored on Google Drive which shouldn't care which course is accessing it as...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In GRADEBOOK I have categories that I want to delete (For example, QUIZ, TEST, ASSIGNMENT, HOMEWORK).  I cannot find the location to edit and delete these.  Can anyone help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructional coach, speaking for multiple teachers at multiple grade levels in my school.  Students are submitting assignments, both from Google LTI and within the Canvas platform, and they are not showing up on the teacher end to be able to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How does a student see who is the leader for their group? This doc doesn't really answer the question: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-manage-groups-as-a-student-group-leader/ta-p/473

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-01-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you ask Zoom to automatically record and "save to cloud," which cloud is it? I want to save my Zoom videos for students who miss meetings, but I don't have space in my personal iCloud. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting today my students can't see their original assignment prompt once I have graded it. It only shows them the submission details. I want students to be able to go back and resubmit the assignment after my feedback, but they can't see the instru...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm getting a handful of student submissions that, in Speedgrader, show the following message: "This file contains HTML and cannot be previewed. Please download to view."  However, when I try to download the file, I am unable to.  I had a student sha...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 13 Likes
  • 36 Replies

HELP! I accidentally checked the "apply grades for missing submissions" box and it was set to 100%. Now all my students have perfect scores on assignments they didn't turn in. How can I fix it back to how it was? Now everyone in my classes thinks the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open my grade book on Canvas, the settings icon does not appear behind the search bar.  How can I access my grade book settings?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is Canvas planning to implement anything that will show a comment has been posted on an assignment?  I like to respond to student quizzes with a comment acknowledging how they did.  I post the comments as students submit assessments.  However, I cann...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who is unable to have students annotate on a PDF, the option is grayed out.  However, I created an assignment in one of my demo courses and a demo student (that is really me with a gmail address)  was able to the annotate.  The teach...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was in the  middle of changing a due date for an assignment. Several students had entered the assignment before I finished the change. Now they have and incomplete assignment submitted for grading. How do I unlock the assignments for these students...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I have tried to upload a profile picture, take a profile picture, upload gravatar picture and add a profile picture through "files"... None of that has worked. I have tried to upload multiple different pictures. I am using google chrome and have ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, our district just set us up to have access to APEX through Canvas. Right now APEX is made available through the course Navigations. However when I click on the APEX link in the course menu it just takes me to the webpage. Is that the extent of th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am helping with professional development with K-12 teachers. Some have expressed a desire to disable access to Conferencing (Big Blue Button) within the Groups of students they create. They would like to keep the functionality of creating a confere...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to create a New Quiz and I can't figure out how to insert images or equations into the answer choices. Can anyone help me with this? I tried copy and paste but that didn't work.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a mentor for new teachers in a district which is using Canvas.  What needs to be done in order for me to be able to view the online classes of these teachers?thanks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm hoping to ask my question as clearly as possible, so here goes:Music is mostly "graded" based on participation and behavior.  I'm going to focus mostly on participation this quarter.  There will be some submission via videos or Google forms.  the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to connect to google drive in one of my classes because every time I click on the Google drive tab on the side or the assignment it says bad authentication credentials. My other classes are working just fine with google drive, so I do not...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I am in canvas teacher app on my ipad but I cannot view any submissions.   It is showing needs graded but when I click on this there is a blank screen.   The assignments show on my laptop 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After I publish a course, students are getting an access denied message. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently set up a local Canvas server according to the Quickstart guide (very nice guide, worked first time). All was well for a day. Could log in, create modules, developer keys etc etc. Then, all login attempts started failing with a message "Inval...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone,Does anyone know when is the above mentioned course going to commence. I haven't received any notifications and I'm starting to worry. Thanks for the help.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, is there a way for the school admins or teachers to create an overreaching Program page for the student/teacher front end of Canvas? I am only aware of the separate Course pages, which obviously includes the specific content for each course, b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to import lti links via thin cc as assignments on canvas so that when lti is launched I can recieve "lis_outcome_service_url" and "lis_result_source_id".Currently, the links are imported as external tool under modules and do not give r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I setup Canvas on Ubuntu 16.04 server. I have used NGINX / passenger for deployment. The canvas is getting stuck and I am getting timeout error in passenger logProduction.log[- -] (0.8ms) SELECT * FROM unnest(current_schemas(false))[- -] (0.8ms) SELE...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When my homeroom students log in to their dashboard, they see their courses and the courses for my afternoon students as well. How do I set their dashboards so that they only see the courses that they are enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't the confetti work when using the External Tools in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are seeing this message tonight when trying to log in.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies