Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to construct a single quiz that has two parts:  some graded questions that have right and wrong answers and some survey questions that are graded only on completion. I know that I could make two separate instruments: one a graded quiz an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are having issues with discussion assignments. It seems like they are clicking on something besides the discussion prompt and submitted a post somewhere I cannot view it. They are split into groups for discussions. I have not had this pro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the assignment group weightings, based on the class groups. I am currently teaching a class with two different sections - one for senior undergraduates, and one for master's students. The lectures are taught ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been using Canvas's on board messaging feature to send messages to students within canvas class sections, as I have been unable to find a simple way to access canvas class lists via my campus e-mail (the student replies to go to my e-mail, howev...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When New Quizzes are imported from one course to another, do they not retain the assigned point value for questions? Either I'm overlooking something in the documentation, or there is something odd happening. If anyone can share insight, I'd apprecia...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What we are trying to design for our Elementary School:-Each grade is a courseEach class (by teacher)  is a section of the course-All teachers in a grade level could post content to the whole grade. exp. common curriculum-Individual teachers could al...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have set requirements on our module for students to move through it in order.  Some individual students are having issues with technology and are not able to move forward in the module because of the requirements we have set.  We do not want to un...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi -  We do a custom export of data from Canvas and noticed that outcomes that were assessed linked to TEACHER created groups and sub-groups to categorize outcomes rather than account-wide groups and sub-groups associated with outcomes. Does anyone k...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to connect McGraw-Hill Connect Quiz score to the Canvas Gradebook? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to I make an exit ticket - like the one in Google Forms in Canvas ? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is the second time I've had to contact Canvas regarding their product. It took me 5 minutes to find a place to post this issue. Strike one.Quizzes allows instructors to provide extra time to students who have disability or other accommodations f...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to manually add students to my course without using email addresses.  I'm working with youth under the age of 13.  I found one solution posted that says I can add students using an SIS ID but that I would need admin privileges.  How much...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student has a Canvas Acct. because he took a course from Canvas which is now complete. He wants to register for another course. When registering, does he use the same email with the same password and user name? Or does he use the same email, but ch...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my laptop, when I'm grading worksheets, sometimes only like the first 10 words of their writing shows up.  Then if I go a few students forward and come back, it's all there.  Or if I download their worksheet, it's all there.  Sometimes it drops ju...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school started using Canvas this year.  We still use Infinite Campus for posting grades although.  Is there a way to mark an assignment as missing in Canvas that will show up in IC when we sync?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my calendar events only showing on the list view? I have the calendar on my ios device but when I am in the calendar app, I can only see the events when I am in the list view. I can't edit the event or merge it with my personal calendar (whic...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to use the Collaboration Tool to allow students (who are self-selecting into Canvas groups for their final project) to work together on a group Google Sheet. I like what I've read about the Collaboration Tool--it should do what I want. The...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I work for a school district supporting teachers roll out distance learning through Canvas and Microsoft Teams.  I want to recommend to teachers to use OneNote Class Notebook to resolve the issue of live annotations of documents using a docucam, but ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for a way to hide the total grade in Gradebook.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you edit an announcement when there is no edit button?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who has the students entering her course directly into the Assignments (modules) that she has published for the week. She would like to add a little announcement underneath the assignment. Can this be done? Or will she have to use th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my created course and when I try to copy content to other courses, the pictures in the content will not display for students.  This is only for student view and actual students accounts (my daughter is in my class).  I have searched for ths same p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach second grade, and several of my students have submitted assignments in the wrong place. I have received their assignments, and I can see them to grade, but now it shows up on their calendar and to do lists incorrectly. How do I move a submiss...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the class listview there is a column titled "Nicknames"  - how do you create these? We were hoping to use as an additional listview sort.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am new Teaching Assistant at University of Missouri St. Louis in the Biology department. I have two questions about ways to perform actions in my course.1.) I have multiple sections of my lab course that I teach. Sections 10, 11, and 12. I no...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Pair with Observer is not available under settings in my daughters account for me to generate a pairing code. Any ideas where I need to start to get this feature.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have specific students that I need to provide modified assignments for. Is there an easy way to create a group to easily assign this work instead of selecting individual students, duplicating, and then assigning to the other students. I have 90+ st...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

On some (but not all) Essay Questions, after grading all students, the Quiz Statistics will report that 100% of students got the item correct. However, when I go into SpeedGrader, I can see that 4/20 students got it correct, so Quiz Statistics should...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created an Assignment in Canvas. I put the text I want my students to read in the body of the assignment and the questions at the bottom. They need to cite from the text to answer the questions. I selected "Online" submission, and "Text" for them t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As you can see in the picture, which is a quiz submission from my student, her answers were still marked as incorrect even though she entered the exact correct answers (this is a fill-in-the-blank exercise). It would be lovely if someone can help me ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies