Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm hoping to ask my question as clearly as possible, so here goes:Music is mostly "graded" based on participation and behavior.  I'm going to focus mostly on participation this quarter.  There will be some submission via videos or Google forms.  the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to connect to google drive in one of my classes because every time I click on the Google drive tab on the side or the assignment it says bad authentication credentials. My other classes are working just fine with google drive, so I do not...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I am in canvas teacher app on my ipad but I cannot view any submissions.   It is showing needs graded but when I click on this there is a blank screen.   The assignments show on my laptop 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After I publish a course, students are getting an access denied message. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently set up a local Canvas server according to the Quickstart guide (very nice guide, worked first time). All was well for a day. Could log in, create modules, developer keys etc etc. Then, all login attempts started failing with a message "Inval...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone,Does anyone know when is the above mentioned course going to commence. I haven't received any notifications and I'm starting to worry. Thanks for the help.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, is there a way for the school admins or teachers to create an overreaching Program page for the student/teacher front end of Canvas? I am only aware of the separate Course pages, which obviously includes the specific content for each course, b...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to import lti links via thin cc as assignments on canvas so that when lti is launched I can recieve "lis_outcome_service_url" and "lis_result_source_id".Currently, the links are imported as external tool under modules and do not give r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I setup Canvas on Ubuntu 16.04 server. I have used NGINX / passenger for deployment. The canvas is getting stuck and I am getting timeout error in passenger logProduction.log[- -] (0.8ms) SELECT * FROM unnest(current_schemas(false))[- -] (0.8ms) SELE...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When my homeroom students log in to their dashboard, they see their courses and the courses for my afternoon students as well. How do I set their dashboards so that they only see the courses that they are enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't the confetti work when using the External Tools in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are seeing this message tonight when trying to log in.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a student teacher to my Canvas courses when our district does not give student teachers a district email?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hello I am trying to log into canvas getting ready for tomorrow's class but I receive the notification that my browser does not meet the requirements for canvas.Please what do I need to do. How will I be able to connect for class tomorrow.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I import a module from one course to another I loose the assignment groups.  It goes into a group called imported assignments and I have to move each assignment individually into its correct group.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to turn off the assignment submission alerts on the Canvas App for iPads?  I am a shared teacher in two other courses, and when those teacher's have submissions, in my to do for grading, it shows mine, and theirs.  If there isn't...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, so I would like to make a question that uses variables like in the "formula question" to generate a random sequence of numbers for a problem, and then use these numbers in few following questions. Is there any way to do it? I know it's relatively...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any support for complex numbers? It's generally needed for science/engineering classes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Sometimes formulas are pretty long and one needs to make small corrections, is it possible? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created Group Set before realizing that I needed one Group Set, then subgroups. How do I get rid of all the Group sets I created I don't need?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Google Slides virtual journal that I plan to have students write in periodically.  The same "journal" should last the whole year with students contributing to it occasionally.  I know how to add a Google assignment that makes a copy for each...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I open my canvas, I can't see my dashboard or open up any of my assignments on my mac computer, suggestions and help please

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever we open a media file on Canvas, it automatically downloads to our laptop hard drive, often creating multiple/duplicate files ("(file name)1,2,3", etc.) each time we choose to reopen the file/s. How do we turn off or disable this function, if...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my email address visible on the Home Page?  I'm working through Sandbox and the Canvas courses, at this time I am to show that my home page has, in part, contact information.  How is that done?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a new quiz, posted it, and had 2 classes take it on one day. I was able to grade them in speed grader and everything went fine. Then, the next day I had kids from the next classes take it and when I try to grade it or access it in any way from...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am posting a discussion, I can add classes to the "Post to" part. If I add each of my classes into this, does that mean that every single section will get their own, individual discussion board? Or does it mean that all of my classes will pos...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have 'homework' quiz where students get up to 3 attempt for each question.  Currently, there are 12 questions and a total of 100 points.  When students take the quiz the first time, they are getting 1 point for each correct answer or a grade of 12...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas grades are not syncing to pinnacle.  I follwed the directions given to assign the categories in pinnacle.  Only one set of grades for a quiz synced.  The other grades will not. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I set up a number of lectures to be graded as complete/incomplete. In my grade book, it will give students a green check even if the assignment was late. Is there a way to have Canvas show that complete/incomplete assignments were submitted late dire...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I downloaded an interactive quiz from Storyworks magazine.  It is in my google drive.  How do I make that a quiz for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies