Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can there be a bulk grade option added to the grade book! It is exhausting having to click on each individual student to mark something as missing. Many of us have almost 200 hundred students times many assignments. It would be easier to mark all as ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using google assignment in the external tools, are you able to select and add a google form?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that has been moved from my period 2 class to my period 4 class.  The classes are identical.  I was unaware of the change.  How can I find the grades of the assignments she already earned so I can enter them into the new class period...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I sometimes like to hear my teachers at 1.25x-1.5x speed as a way for proficiency and to hasten possible long pauses that happen when anyone speaks. Can teachers tell when I do this? If so, how can they tell? I'm new to the world of online learning, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I tried all the suggestions to get all my courses to load, but for whatever reason a course I registered for isn't loading on the dashboard or course list. My other courses are showing, but this particular course isn't. I tried clicking on all co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all. What notification do I need to turn off so I don't get an email for every submitted assignment with an attached google doc? (I have already fixed my notifications NOT to send emails for assignment submissions.)Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We just migrated to Canvas and I am very frustrated that the nice modular pages that came from our old LMS can only be viewed one-at-a-time.  Perhaps there's a feature that will allow me to do this. I have an 'orientation' module for students that in...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I'm a para-educator. This platform is really new to my school and a big question is how do I (teachers/paras) view students work while they are working on it.  So we can chat with them in the doc or just monitor.  It is a function as a para I used...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The LTI Deep Linking 2.0 specification allows the Deep Linking Response message to contain any number of selected or created resources from a tool.  The Platform is then responsible for adding all of these resources into the current context (a module...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are moving to Canvas and I have NO IDEA how to integrate Google Classroom and Canvas. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We gave our Clinical Faculty an account level role to allow them to see all the coursework that their residents are enrolled in.  It looks like they are now receiving 'Administrative Notifications' for New Account Users, Reports Generated, etc...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a bitmoji classroom on Google Slides. In the slides, I include links to various urls. I embedded this to my homepage in Canvas. The links work in a web browser, but in an app, none of it works. It appears as though no links are there.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My son's CURRENT homeroom teacher/class is showing as a past enrollment.  As such, the teacher's page is not showing under his current dashboard.  When I reached out to the school, they said they've done everything on their end and can't help. What s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Primary teacher, we have to use buttons on our homepage to make it easier at pleasing to the eyes of Primary students and teachers. So every week, we have to link new assignments and pages on the homepage buttons.Is there a way I could delete se...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have a single grading category in my PowerTeacher Pro that will not transfer to Canvas for my grades to sync. I have tried deleting the categories completely in both Canvas and PTP and starting over. Any suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to customize the calendar so that I can have red day and white day labeled? I would really like to be able to color the day on the calendar red so that it is visual. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students have asked for a way to mark out choices they have used on a matching quiz in Canvas. Isn't there a way for Canvas to create some way to show students that they have already used a choice, maybe a check mark next to the word?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Submitted Google Assignments do not appear on the teacher Dashboard showing they are ready to be scored.  I found the post that says"*Grading synced to Canvas SpeedGrader coming Fall 2020"https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Canvas-tl-dr/New-Meet-G...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I already created all the possible times to sign up for presentations. Some students have not signed up and I, as the instructor, want to go in a assign them certain dates.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I cannot import my own assignment categories.  When I go through the steps to do so, one of my colleague's categories are importing into my Canvas.  My students match in PowerSchool and Canvas.  I have my PowerSchool Categories set up appropriately. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is this happening for anyone else?  I'll post a student-paced PearDeck lesson using the Canvas assignment external tool.  I point it to the lesson I want, and set it for student paced.  However, at some point a student will contact me to report it is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you upload your profile picture through Canvas-OU. I can not upload or edit my profile at all and I have been trying for 3 hours

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can pinned discussions still be visible to students after a Module has been closed (unpublished)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach kindergarten and purchased Drag and Drop Google slides. What is the easiest way to put them in Canvas so that my students can access them?https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Digital-Learning-MATH-BUNDLE-1-for-Distance-Learning-Google-...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a 10 question quiz (10 points total) with three Text (no question) parts.  The system grades the student submissions out of some points out of 13.  It seems to me Canvas is counting the three Text (no question) parts as possible points.  Any i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Professor uses Mcgraw-hill Connect to give assignments. Connect is integrated with Canvas so if I do an assignment on connect I should get the credit for it on Canvas also. I did my assignment on Connect but on Canvas, It says I didn't submit the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the new quizzes we have had one class that has Canvas send notices to students that they need to finish a peer review on the quiz. I can't figure out. I happened last semester as well. How do we make it stop??!? Blodgy new quizzes.....Jarral

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get all modules to show while in teacher view? Course was pushed out from district and all content is there.Can see content when look at pages, quizzes, assignments etc. When I click on Modules I only see some of the modules. Suggestions...i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am experiencing really inconsistent results with SCORM reporting completions back to Gradebook and to students' Feedback etc. I have read some older posts on this but wondered if anyone has the latest. Bottom line - is there anything I can do to ma...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!Students submitted an external assignment through Canvas.  I try to view the assignment in Speed Grader and there is nothing there.  HELP!  Students have even tried to help by resubmitting but nothing works.  Where is their assignment that I ne...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies